Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 08:28 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I have a kid whose teacher gave an assignment to write about Malcolm X for black history month.

Let's think about that for a minute.
Malcolm X is an important figure in black history. Just because he was flawed doesn't mean he should not be studied. A compare and contrast against MLK is a good lesson. No?
Do you think he should be deleted from the history books? I think it would be a flaw in education not to have learned about him and his movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 08:32 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Malcolm X is an important figure in black history. Just because he was flawed doesn't mean he should not be studied. A compare and contrast against MLK is a good lesson. No?
Do you think he should be deleted from the history books? I think it would be a flaw in education not to have learned about him and his movement.
No public school in America should teach about someone who advocated black supremacy, racial separation and violence to achieve political ends.

Unless such a person is portrayed in a negative manner.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:58 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
No public school in America should teach about someone who advocated black supremacy, racial separation and violence to achieve political ends.

Unless such a person is portrayed in a negative manner.
Inthat case during liberation of 1776 there was white supremacy, racial separation, slavery and violence to attain frredom too. Shall we stop teaching it?

Blavks werent even cutizens then.

Old 02-25-2021, 09:19 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Well perhaps that’s part of the problem. Gains by blacks are seen as threatening for you.

And no teachers are telling students that all whites are racist.

I don’t know what classrooms you are sitting in.
Gains by blacks are seen as threatening to me?! Out comes another liberal saying racist!! (Sort of proves my point.)

No, I am opposed to going so overboard to favor blacks over whites, in those instances where whites are better qualified for whatever it happens to be.

Old 02-25-2021, 09:20 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I believe Malcolm X was a proponent of violence to achieve one’s goals. We should not be setting him up as someone to admire in any way.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:29 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Gains by blacks are seen as threatening to me?! Out comes another liberal saying racist!! (Sort of proves my point.)

No, I am opposed to going so overboard to favor blacks over whites, in those instances where whites are better qualified for whatever it happens to be.
I'm sick of everyone, liberal whites and non-whites both, favoring non-whites over whites. Democrats even favor illegal aliens, muslim terrorist and Chinese spies over whites lol. It sounds like exaggeration but it really isn't.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:50 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Well since it is white folks who are and have historically acted in a racist manner to all non white people NOT just Africans and people of African descent, racism is owned by white folks.

Sorry.
Slaves
The Klan
Executive Order 9066
Jim Crow
trying to overturn Brown vs Board of Education Topeka
Voting in a lower percentage for all 4 Civil rights Acts
George Wallace would have been the candidate if he didn't get shot

Racism is owned by the Democrats.

Sorry.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Few months ago you argued you could pay onetime reparation payment of 5000 or something to all the blacks and “forget everything” right?

your history of calling those who dusagree as “loony lefist racist liberals “ is well documented.

The other poster didnt call you racist. She said “ may be you are threatened by blavks progressing” . And you play your victim card and call her racist.
It would be more accurate to say the poster was threatened by blacks. 592,000 cases of violent inter racial crime excluding homicides between blacks and whites and it's 90% black on white. Up from 85%. Tell me where the problem is?

hint- it's not genetics. People who are raised properly know the correct answer.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

Agreed. Blacks fail the law boards test at 3-4 times the normal rate. Is it genetics or the fact that they are admitted even though they are less qualified?

Old 02-25-2021, 11:01 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm sick of everyone, liberal whites and non-whites both, favoring non-whites over whites. Democrats even favor illegal aliens, muslim terrorist and Chinese spies over whites lol. It sounds like exaggeration but it really isn't.
Whites means caucasians. Are jews white? Not sure acvording to this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies