Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 11:12 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times

Advertisements

I have nightmares about today’s young dating app users (including my own relatives) being doxxed a few years down the road as racists, complete with career destruction, for filling out the standard racial preference section. Don’t say it can’t happen, I think all the indications are there that it will.

God help our country, the demand to hate based on race is real and growing.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:14 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I'm sure mine would be because I have a "type" and would only be swiping on that type. This is what happens when you can custom order specific types of people on an app. Meeting people organically leads to more variety because when you know someone in person you can see all the good things even if they aren't over 6' or into backpacking or whatever your filters are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 06:02 AM

7,368 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Its okay, in the future, robotics will offer men companionship and meet their needs. I am sure that there will be only the obese shorthaired sexually ambiguous robotic choice available once federal regulations are established.

Old 02-25-2021, 06:24 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
As a white guy, me just breathing is racist.
correct.

as well as 'white supremacist'.

Old 02-25-2021, 06:33 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Its okay, in the future, robotics will offer men companionship and meet their needs. I am sure that there will be only the obese shorthaired sexually ambiguous robotic choice available once federal regulations are established.

At this point the androids will have just as many artificial parts as some actual females...

Old 02-25-2021, 08:07 AM

1,406 posts, read 801,246 times
20 years ago me and some friends were joking around making up ridiculous laws that would exist in an ultra PC future. Mine was that you would be able to sue someone if they declined to date you or have a relationship with you because of your race or gender, just like if you were turned down for a job. Everyone agreed mine was the most far-fetched. Now it's actually being suggested

Old 02-25-2021, 03:18 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
These women are very unattractive and never get chosen. I guarantee it.

Even if dating sites wouldn't let you filter, people would still choose whoever they found attractive. It would just be more time consuming.
It also works the other way around: women looking for men. How do you censor anyone’s preferences in finding a match? So a person cannot consider the race of potential matches? It’s more than silly.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:23 PM

8,500 posts, read 4,741,154 times
People find certain people attractive. Can’t really help that. I, as a white guy, tend to be attracted to non-whites, though I’ll admit there’s a certain level of intimidation I would probably have with regards to dating a black girl. I don’t know what we would connect over, and that’s more of a cultural thing than a skin color thing. I could draw that a long ways back though, as blacks were deliberately kept away and separate from Anglo-American culture even after slavery ended. It’s no wonder blacks developed their own distinct subculture.

Anyhow, I’m glad I’m married already. Dating sounds like a bigger mess than ever before, honestly.

Old 02-26-2021, 12:25 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Boys, when I was younger, and men now whom I am attracted to all have a similar look. Tall, slim, Northern European. Same ancestral background as me.

Trying to force someone to date someone they don't find attractive is like trying to force a particular food down the throat of someone who dislikes it.

Old 02-26-2021, 09:13 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
People should date whoever they want for whatever reasons they want,none of my business.Some people like partners who look like them and their ancestors and others prefer someone totally different ethnicly/culturally.Some like a mix of everything.

If I were single I would only filter by they need to be women and within about 10 years of my age +/-.Of course in todays 'woke world' even thats wrong in the eyes of some of these people.I read an article in some British lefty newspaper a couple years ago where a Trans-woman was trying to make everyone feel guilty because most hetero men won't date trans women which therefore is proof of hatred and transphobia that must be stamped out.I don't 'hate' any people.I don't care who dates who.I wish all the trans-whatever people well and I hope they all find someone special to hang out with on Saturday night.Unfortunately its getting where 'live and let live' isn't good enough anymore.
Most men want to date biological women, not to date other biological men who wish they were women. If a man wants to date a black woman, he will not be interested in a white woman pretending to be black, nor a black man who wants to pass for a black woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies