Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 12:43 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,882,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Regarding the "Trump killed 500K Americans" meme that is obviously made-up tripe spread by malicious political propagandists...

A recent study by the World Obesity Federation found that 90% of Covid deaths occurred in countries with high levels of obesity.

So there you are. Why did so many die in the U.S.? One factor, aside from Democrat governors sending infected people into nursing homes, is the huge number (and size) of overweight Americans.
Okay, so it's okay if fat people die.

Fat people got no reason to live. I understand.

I don't think Trump took a role in encouraging physical fitness either.

I seem to remember Michelle Obama taking quite a bit of criticism from the right when she encouraged healthier foods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 01:23 PM

6,693 posts, read 5,925,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Okay, so it's okay if fat people die.

Fat people got no reason to live. I understand.

I don't think Trump took a role in encouraging physical fitness either.

I seem to remember Michelle Obama taking quite a bit of criticism from the right when she encouraged healthier foods.
Trump tried to get people back to work, particularly manufacturing and manual labor types of jobs.

I seem to recall that Michelle Obama annoyed a lot of people with her dumb menu mandates.

Old 03-05-2021, 01:31 PM

14,931 posts, read 12,130,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The statement was made last month. However - what kind of Republican was Powell?

There are probably more of these types of Republicans than we know.

Colin Powell has not been a Republican since GW Bush was president.

Old 03-05-2021, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Trump tried to get people back to work, particularly manufacturing and manual labor types of jobs.

I seem to recall that Michelle Obama annoyed a lot of people with her dumb menu mandates.
How much does Trump weigh?

Is all that stuff about his love for McDonald's just leftist tripe?

Old 03-05-2021, 01:35 PM

Ironically enough I'm thinking about voting in Republican primaries for anti Trumpers

Old 03-05-2021, 01:35 PM

7,501 posts, read 4,348,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The bold describes the Democrat Party to the letter. Of course, while Democrats didn't run through the US Capitol, they ran through and burned up other capitols in the states and other federal and state government property. And DC was literally on fire this past summer, the result of BLM/leftist insurrection.

Of course, Colin Powell has supported the BLM movement.

It's interesting as we can point to one maybe two examples of Republicans doing this over the years, while Democrats and leftists have done this dozens of times. While I can and do condemn what took place at the Capitol, it has been the left that has been leading the way via violence and destruction of property these as a general matter. Not the right.
Spot on!!!

Old 03-05-2021, 01:43 PM

7,501 posts, read 4,348,215 times
Quote:
You don't want to bother them with facts now do you? They'll completely ignore them anyway as long as a politician has a (D) after their name.

Old 03-05-2021, 01:45 PM

9,719 posts, read 14,256,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Agree, Powell was never a Republican in a conservative sense. just an opportunist, fair weather Republican.
Agree! and, Good Riddance!

Old 03-05-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Trump ain't a Republican in a fiscally conservative sense. Let's get rid of him he's done a lot more damage.

He's a big government guy.

Old 03-05-2021, 03:46 PM

6,693 posts, read 5,925,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Powell has made himself completely irrelevant. Conservatives despise him for his role in the Iraq fiasco, and then he opposed Trump who at least tried to bring the troops home and make other countries pay more for their defense, etc.

Given Trump's continuing popularity in Texas, I wonder how popular the Bush's are these days.

Biden's border policy... or lack thereof... is already wreaking havoc in all the border states. One Texas legislator has introduced a bill to complete the Trump wall without federal assistance. And name it after Trump.

It's hard to imagine anti-Trump Republicans doing well in Texas for the foreseeable future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies