Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 02:38 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
I can't imagine how it must feel to be a black kid growing up today when everybody keeps telling you they need to make special rules for you because you are just not smart enough or perhaps do not work hard enough to compete with white and asian kids. Not the greatest way to build young minds and ego's
It's the bigotry of low expectations. Many white liberals don't realize just how ingrained it is in them. They think that black folks can't make it without the great white savior.

It's beyond insulting, yet no one really talks about it much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2021, 02:39 PM

8,758 posts, read 5,055,756 times
It`s the democrats that want to hold our kids down. Even taking away sports from girls, they now have to compete against transgenders.

Old 03-01-2021, 02:51 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
I can't imagine how it must feel to be a black kid growing up today when everybody keeps telling you they need to make special rules for you because you are just not smart enough or perhaps do not work hard enough to compete with white and asian kids. Not the greatest way to build young minds and ego's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's the bigotry of low expectations. Many white liberals don't realize just how ingrained it is in them. They think that black folks can't make it without the great white savior.

Seems not all black people are thrilled with the new wokeness, either.

https://medium.com/illumination-cura...d-c29207c46606

Quote:
Or there’s Meyerholz Elementary School, where eight-year-old children are instructed to rank themselves according to the power and privilege of their race, gender and sexuality. It’s how you might reimagine Jane Elliott’s famous “brown eyes, blue eyes” experiment if you utterly failed to understand it.
These children aren’t learning to look beyond their superficial differences. They aren’t being taught the importance of treating others with compassion. They’re learning, at eight years old, that the most fundamental aspects of who they are will forever mark them as “oppressor” or “oppressed”. They’re learning to think of each other as a collection of labels instead of as complex human beings. They’ll likely carry the hangover of this “education” for the rest of their lives.

Old 03-01-2021, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Seems not all black people are thrilled with the new wokeness, either.

https://medium.com/illumination-cura...d-c29207c46606
Just skimmed over that link. We're going the wrong direction here in our society. I recently said in another thread that I think woke-ism is a real cancer and we should really stand back and start looking at all of this race based stuff that is going.

Nothing good is going to come from this and I'm starting to wonder if that is by design at this point.

Old 03-01-2021, 03:05 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Just skimmed over that link. We're going the wrong direction here in our society. I recently said in another thread that I think woke-ism is a real cancer and we should really stand back and start looking at all of this race based stuff that is going.

Nothing good is going to come from this and I'm starting to wonder if that is by design at this point.
That article was posted by someone I know who has, in the past, argued heavily in favor of much that fits into the progressive ideology. Nice to see him getting 'woke' in a good way.

I think it won't be long before all but the most lemming-like progressives move out of this particular line. Sadly, I think a bunch of them already went off the cliff. Let's hope we can undo some of the damage to our kids.

Old 03-01-2021, 03:08 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
More than anything, education for “black” children needs to begin at home with a broader perspective that what the American education system and popular culture provides. Then the difference will be seen.

Old 03-01-2021, 03:13 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times
Quote:

Liberals think black and brown folks are too stupid to get a free ID. They ignore the 10's of millions of stupid white people who are also too lazy to get ID's. They pick and choose which rights you have to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to exercise.

Old 03-01-2021, 03:15 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
It`s the democrats that want to hold our kids down. Even taking away sports from girls, they now have to compete against transgenders.

call them what they are. Mentally ill sexual deviants.

Old 03-01-2021, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
call them what they are. Mentally ill sexual deviants.
That's a tad harsh. They are people too.

Old 03-01-2021, 05:33 PM

828 posts, read 416,168 times
Quote:

All I see is Black folks saying that cant make because of one excuse or another. Where it is pretty simple.
You cant get the same result if you dont act the same.

Some cultures have higher standards they consider acceptable. Like crime which is considered much more acceptable to blacks. Never hear about them wanting to change that unless they can blame someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies