Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 02:09 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
I can’t speak for what I don’t have experience with but I’d make an educated guess that implementation of precautions in a large, crowded public school takes more money and time than is available. Particularly in higher risk, low income areas. It was easy in our private school and it’s not comparable.

I have first hand experience with it experience with it and I can say that it’s going very well. School districts have had a year to figure it out and many have. Others are still dragging their heels and most of those who haven’t gone back did not due to pressure from teacher unions not because they can’t implement precautions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2021, 08:00 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Almost all politicians, even those who live in top notch school districts, send their kids to private schools. And anyone who believes that a bunch of kids are going to "social distance" in school doesn't remember being a kid. They are going to trade masks the same way we traded Pokemon cards in the 90s. Even some the Asian parents of well disciplined kids didn't trust them to "social distance" which is why they set up learning pods with a few families they trust. People here know that kids barely get sick from Covid, if at all, but were afraid that they would pass it to the parents and grandparents. Meanwhile, my friends in Florida have their kid going to school with no mask and don't worry at all about it.

Old 03-01-2021, 08:38 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Nothing surprises me from leftist hypocrites anymore.

Old 03-01-2021, 09:08 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
The Berkeley teachers union president was caught dropping his child off at a private school where in person learning is taking place.

https://www.kqed.org/news/11862469/a...rson-preschool

Yet he says Berkeley schools should only open with ideal desired conditions including vaccines.
Preschool for a 2 year old is aka daycare.

Chicago finally opened K- 5th grade this week. Only 30% of enrolled, showed up.

Meanwhile private schools, mostly Catholic, have remained open.

Old 03-01-2021, 09:37 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
What are the class sizes at the private school?
What kind of ventilation systems are there?
What measures are in that private school?

So is that guy calling for the schools to open with the same guidelines as the school his kids go to?
I don't know the answers to those questions, but it is good to know that this guy agrees with the CDC when it comes to his own kid. But expecting consistent application of a principle from a liberal is expecting too much, so this is a good first step.

Old 03-02-2021, 03:46 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
I know its California and he’s a liberal, in the Berkeley area, but he should be fired or forced to resign since he has ZERO credibility with the community he is suppose to represent the best interest of our kids.

But as liberal always like to say “think of the children.”

The Teacher’s unions are now the new Teamster’s Union and even more corrupt than the teamsters were back in the 1950s and 1970s... Not surprising that Biden is being pretty quite on this topic and not forcing it to the forefront our all the issues that country is dealing with.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:55 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times
Default Height of hypocrisy: Head of the Berkeley teachers Union brings his son to private school

While fervently advocating against public schools reopening. You can not make this stuff up folks!

https://nypost.com/2021/03/01/hypocr...-but-not-them/

Old 03-03-2021, 04:59 AM

1,601 posts, read 867,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
While fervently advocating against public schools reopening. You can not make this stuff up folks!

https://nypost.com/2021/03/01/hypocr...-but-not-them/

It's become quite clear that hypocrisy and being hypocritical doesn't bother the left in the least, and generally speaking the media covers for them anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies