Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 12:31 PM

6,093 posts, read 2,714,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Maybe it is because, imo, most Republicans are smart enough to know that a 78-year-old shouldn't be POTUS. (Biden is 78, btw, and look what a disaster that is, although many Dems won't admit it.)

Plus the one fact that I think everyone can agree on is that Trump lost because so many people voted against him (as opposed to voting for Biden).
No one who is in their 70s should be able to run for President Dem or Republican. Both parties need young people to run.

Old 03-01-2021, 12:32 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,655,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Highly amusing that you have to keep telling yourself that. It's almost like you don't believe it or something. I can understand your uncertainty, since merely investigating the matter is now considered treason. If the Dems have nothing to hide, why are they so quick to shut people up the instant they bring up election fraud and election irregularities?

I don't really care if the GOP kicks Trump to the curb over the next four years as long as the good ideas remain:
  • Actually reaching out working to help black and minority communities and doing things to improve their lives.
  • Giving up on the crusade against gay rights and the like.
  • Seriously scaling back our role as world policeman.
  • Actually doing something about illegal immigration, instead of just endlessly talking about it.
  • Taking human trafficking a lot more seriously and actually doing something about it.
  • When in doubt, America and its people always come first.
  • Cancelling terrible trade deals and making better ones.
  • Deregulation
  • Just generally getting the boot-heel off of the throat of industry.
  • Getting back to actually making stuff here in the USA.
  • Energy independence.
  • Progress towards peace in Korea and the Middle East.
  • Calling out the Left dominated news media on their BS.
  • The GOP being less of a do-nothing party in general.
  • A genuinely booming economy.

You don't actually need Trump for any of that, but you do need the old-school Republicans to either get on board or go away.
Finally! I've found common ground with a conservative on this site.
Good post G.O.T.

Old 03-01-2021, 12:34 PM

34,227 posts, read 18,554,425 times
Trump is the Man, that's why he is so hated by the Communists. Most American CITIZENS don't want to be the colony of China the Democrats want.

Go Trump.

Old 03-01-2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Lol... The Dems are “still” more afraid of Trump than a Billy goat is of a Butchers knife. They keep starting threads to try an reassure themselves that he’s no longer a threat.
It’s hilarious! He’s no longer in the Oval Office, but he still gives them nightmares and makes them look under their beds at night..
Obviously a "Stick it to the Libs" acolyte.

Old 03-01-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Why Did Trump Flop So Badly at CPAC? Almost Half Don't Want Him

Time for new blood. In the real world, it is the cause, not the person. For Trumpies it is the person not the cause.

The Republican party is hemorrhaging members, especially since 01/06.

CPAC used to be the plaything of the Koch brothers, and very Libertarian. It was a powerful influence in the party. What has happened to it has got to be disturbing to a few attendees this year. Clearly the whole show was manipulated to promote Trump.

So instead of CPAC influencing the choice of nominee as is traditional, the cult is now influencing CPAC.
Perhaps the golden cow.............I mean Trump statue, was a hint as to where this CPAC was going to go. I'm surprised there isn't a pic of Trump hugging the idol as his one true love, like he did the flag at another CPAC.

Old 03-01-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
No one who is in their 70s should be able to run for President Dem or Republican. Both parties need young people to run.
Yeah, you're probably right. Trump blew the myth of "Age equals wisdom" right out the window.

Old 03-01-2021, 12:49 PM

7,888 posts, read 3,444,090 times
Why would anyone take the straw man that is this thread at face value? There was a lot of enthusiasm for Trump's speech and it was very well received. The very premise of this thread is a deliberate misrepresentation and manipulation, yet we have 8 pages of people arguing it so far. Absurd.

Old 03-01-2021, 12:50 PM

16,068 posts, read 10,720,044 times
Maybe 55% are so stupid they do not realize he is not a conservative.

Old 03-01-2021, 01:07 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,319,238 times
I think it's because of all the noise DeSantis is making. He's getting strong support from many GOP members urging him to run in 2024. People are calling him "the level-headed version of Trump." I would love to see Trump make a comeback, but I'm also curious to see if DeSantis can keep this momentum going.

Old 03-01-2021, 01:19 PM

9,907 posts, read 9,576,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
haaa!! nope, not necessarily. Think about Beto O'Rourke.. Adam Kinzinger, both youngish and yet horrid for anything! unless your a liberal. a flaming liberal.. meaning - one that is totally with this stupid culture we are suffering thru now. so age does not mean capability, nor desirability.

I am afraid of the generation that has grown up with "everyone gets a trophy for showing up" and this current culture we are going thru where its liberalism is gone way off to the far far edge where its ridiculous. Cancel culture for example, this non-diversity of thought - which actually is touching the 1st amendment of the constitution. very dangerous, not just cute but dangerous. people are post-constitution where they think it does not apply.

or where people rationalize liberalism. where people unfairly get things rather than earn it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.