Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 07:58 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,180,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Not at all.

Just foreign trolls and on-line agitators who work to divide the country.
You prove my point

Old 03-02-2021, 08:12 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
All we need to know about the War Democrats are waging on women is to look to their push to allow transgendered boys to compete with the girls in high school sports. Talk about crushing a young woman's enthusiasm and not to mention stealing possible scholarships from her.

The bathroom bill was another issue they pushed. Most men wouldn't care if a woman used the men's room but the women I know would be uncomfortable if they were in the powder room and a man walked in.

The Dems are all for women and they pander to them up until a man wants to be one and then the women are forced to take a back seat to the man.
Some years ago, I spent many hours at city council meetings. During the closed session part of the meeting, citizens would have to wait in the hall. Like most local government agencies the city put the closed session in the middle of the meeting so most citizens would just leave. Being an agitator by hobby, I stayed to the bitter end, always.

Another person was always there, too. Her name was Phylis. We had many restroom breaks together. I never once felt threatened by him/her. Not once. He/she was in transition. She was dressed as a woman, did still have traces of hair on her face. One would not mistake her for anything but being in transition. Other females also used the same restroom at the same time.

All this women are afraid to use a restroom with a man is silly talk from silly men. You are thinking straight men will pose as women to assault women.

How many women in transition rape or otherwise assault women. What % of rapes of women are done by men, % by men in transition?

Should the willingness to suppress the rights of citizens of the USA due to some fear of the unknown be sanctioned by law?

AFA sports go. That may be some unfair advantage until the transition is complete. The issue needs some looking into.

Old 03-02-2021, 09:15 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Some years ago, I spent many hours at city council meetings. During the closed session part of the meeting, citizens would have to wait in the hall. Like most local government agencies the city put the closed session in the middle of the meeting so most citizens would just leave. Being an agitator by hobby, I stayed to the bitter end, always.

Another person was always there, too. Her name was Phylis. We had many restroom breaks together. I never once felt threatened by him/her. Not once. He/she was in transition. She was dressed as a woman, did still have traces of hair on her face. One would not mistake her for anything but being in transition. Other females also used the same restroom at the same time.

All this women are afraid to use a restroom with a man is silly talk from silly men. You are thinking straight men will pose as women to assault women.

How many women in transition rape or otherwise assault women. What % of rapes of women are done by men, % by men in transition?

Should the willingness to suppress the rights of citizens of the USA due to some fear of the unknown be sanctioned by law?

AFA sports go. That may be some unfair advantage until the transition is complete. The issue needs some looking into.

I don't think it is silly. I am only going by what women in my life have told me.

You knew Phylis so that does a lot to quell your fears but say you were in a different situation say at an airport in a different city and when you exited your stall there was a man, a stranger, standing there staring at you? He now has the Right to be there in the ladies room. It doesn't matter if the guy is a rapist or a sicko that gets his jollies listening to women pee, what matters is that I think many women beyond the ones I know would be made to feel uncomfortable. Why should the majority be made to feel uncomfortable to appease a tiny fraction of the populace?

The point is that we have always had transgendered people that quietly used the bathroom of their choice but when the Dems pushed for laws they opened the door for any pervert to invade any ladies room anywhere. They opened the door to what used to be a safe haven for women and I see this as an attack on women and the Dems pushing them aside to pander to a minority group.

Old 03-02-2021, 09:23 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Because many of them, are ashamed of being men themselves, White ones at that...

Old 03-02-2021, 09:34 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
China Joe democrats? ALL democrats. Women are merely tools to be used - whether for sexual gratification or a means of obtaining power by feigning advocacy/concern for them.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kevi...women-n2585461
Why do Trumplikins adore Orange Man? What's the difference between China Joe and Orange Man?
Nothing. Not a thing. Both are nothing but bad names for 2 very familiar men. In real life, there is no Orange Man, nor is there a China Joe.

A bad name hurts the other guy first, but it hurts the name caller the longest.

I think the answer is the adoration offers a lot of otherwise decent people to call each other some really bad names and feel justified doing it.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:14 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
I hear you. Because I am one who decided my kids were more important than money or a career.

But, many women do not make that choice. Not al females are moms. What I said was equal pay for EQUAL work. That includes all aspects of a job.
Of course not all women are moms. But those women almost always do have equal pay. Studies have shown that. Women also don't negotiate as well as men when it comes to pay. That's a fact.

And equal pay for equal work is not that simple. I worked with a man whose wife was an airline pilot. As she was moving up through the ranks, she turned down routes that meant she would be away from home overnight. She turned down transfers so that her kids wouldn't have to change schools. Now, years later, she flies a specific type of plane. She doesn't make the same amount of money as her male colleagues that fly the same plane. Not because she's being discriminated against, but because through the years, when raises were given for job performance, she fell short due to her turning down assignments. That put her colleagues further ahead of her over time. She made her choice at the time (the right choice, IMO, to put her kids first) but a choice nonetheless. A man who made the same choices would have the same outcome.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:21 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:

Men intent on assaulting women "pose" as all sorts of things to gain access to women. Repair men, good Samaritans. It's not silly to think that this would happen.

As for rights being suppressed, your rights end where mine begin. As a woman, I do not want a man, who is arguably stronger than myself, in a secluded area where I can be attacked. I'm careful about my safety, and nobody has a right to take that security away from me.

Regarding sports, there IS an unfair advantage, even after transition. This issue right here proves that Dems truly hate women. To force them to compete with men is disgusting. There is no need to look into anything. During transition, they are almost completely men. After transition, they are still a high percentage man.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:33 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Of course not all women are moms. But those women almost always do have equal pay. Studies have shown that. Women also don't negotiate as well as men when it comes to pay. That's a fact.

And equal pay for equal work is not that simple. I worked with a man whose wife was an airline pilot. As she was moving up through the ranks, she turned down routes that meant she would be away from home overnight. She turned down transfers so that her kids wouldn't have to change schools. Now, years later, she flies a specific type of plane. She doesn't make the same amount of money as her male colleagues that fly the same plane. Not because she's being discriminated against, but because through the years, when raises were given for job performance, she fell short due to her turning down assignments. That put her colleagues further ahead of her over time. She made her choice at the time (the right choice, IMO, to put her kids first) but a choice nonetheless. A man who made the same choices would have the same outcome.
Actually, it would have been tolerated less in a man. Military commanders in female heavy support units, such as logistics and admin, have long discussed the unfair burden placed on their units by the expectation in dual military couples the female will take care of kid issues. Part of that comes from combat unit commanders zinging males who miss for family time for lack of commitment, a practice that a female solider would successfully file an EO complaint over. I imagine that occurs in general society also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies