Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 01:30 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Do you think that high school aged boys who think they are girls should compete against biological girls in scholastic sports?

If you say yes then you are correct, there is not going to be any compromise.
What I would say is, we have a lot of bigger problems than what teams high school kids play on. You going to fight a civil war over that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 01:30 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The entire Left cancel culture bullies are the same as the Nazis or Communists that have killed hundreds of millions in the last century so no, I have no desire to go wherever they want to go.
That is a disgusting comparison. I will absolutely agree the cancel culture is out of hand. If someone isn’t perfect, their lives are ruined. You can’t lay that all on the left. People are doing this from both sides of the aisle.

Old 03-02-2021, 03:19 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
That is a disgusting comparison. I will absolutely agree the cancel culture is out of hand. If someone isn’t perfect, their lives are ruined. You can’t lay that all on the left. People are doing this from both sides of the aisle.
I'm just being honest, I don't see the difference in mentality between the Left today and the authoritarians of the last century that killed hundreds of millions.....attack and destroy anyone that disagrees with them. And I do think today's Leftists are on the same path and would do the same as the last century authoritarians if they get enough power to do it.

Old 03-02-2021, 04:16 PM

1,153 posts, read 630,800 times
Collectively, we never will.

Individually, we already do.

On an individual basis, we all like decent people who contribute to society, regardless of their politics. We all like to work together for positive causes regardless of politics. We all have relatives and friends with a wide variety of beliefs.

I've been to South Carolina(Red) and met a lot of great people. I live in Connecticut(Blue) and met a lot of great people.

Where things gets divided is when you factor in politicians and the media. The media has personalities and characters who play up to the Left-Right division and they have large followings of people who feed right into it. People like Candace Owens, Sean Hannity, Don Lemon, Al Sharpton, etc. will side with the Devil himself over the other side which feeds into the division.

Then, you have politicians that propose things that are very divisive to the other side, often going in the opposite direction of the other party just to go against the grain and seem "right" to their base.

So, by design, the Left and the Right cannot collectively get along. It's just impossible. And the Independent voice has purposefully been completely shut out of politics and the media by the "powers that be" and it will remain that way for a long time.

But, individually, decent people on all sides get along perfectly fine with each other. It's a shame how politics can turn us into "enemies" so fast.

Old 03-02-2021, 04:18 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
What I would say is, we have a lot of bigger problems than what teams high school kids play on. You going to fight a civil war over that?
The culture war is all conservatives care about.

They have no solutions to our problems so they fallback on their culture wars.

Old 03-02-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Tip of the iceberg now. Wait til Kamala soon takes over, and imposes her radical ways and ideas on the nation. You haven't seen nothing yet.
What will she impose, do you think?

Radical minimum wages? Helping people get healthcare?

Oh my STARS - better get out now!

Old 03-02-2021, 04:26 PM

10,088 posts, read 7,761,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
It’s exhausting. The constant blaming of each side for everything wrong. The inability to compromise and have a common goal.

I really don’t see how we can heal the nation.
Never. Biden is all about separation. He does what he wants and couldn't care less about the GOP. There is nothing united in anything he has done or will do.

I'm not uniting with anyone that is tearing down our country and destroying our history and eventually killing the economy...not my kind of person to unite with. The dems are the most hypocritical people ever.

Old 03-02-2021, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Never. Biden is all about separation. He does what he wants and couldn't care less about the GOP. There is nothing united in anything he has done or will do.

I'm not uniting with anyone that is tearing down our country and destroying our history and eventually killing the economy...not my kind of person to unite with. The dems are the most hypocritical people ever.
Yeah? When Texas needed help, I don't recall Biden threatening to withhold aid for a 'republican state" or because they 'failed to take care of their problems".

That's what your boy did. And you LOVED it.

So stop projecting.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:00 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post

What history is Biden "destroying"?

Old 03-02-2021, 05:04 PM

10,088 posts, read 7,761,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah? When Texas needed help, I don't recall Biden threatening to withhold aid for a 'republican state" or because they 'failed to take care of their problems".

That's what your boy did. And you LOVED it.

So stop projecting.
Of course he sent aid. He had to for political reasons. How bad woudl that make him look if he didn't! Good golly. I'm talking about all the executive orders he signed not even knowing what most were because he's demented and passing huge "Covid" bills not even considering what the GOP has to say about it. He bypasses them.

And he's trying to take credit for all things Trump did and continuing to do the same things Trump did because he has no ideas of his his own. He's a dufus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies