Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2021, 06:02 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Perhaps you're being too sensitive about this issue. My kids used to go to their friends' churches, synagogues, etc., just because they were friends and doing something together, not because anyone felt my kids religious beliefs were inferior. No harm in expanding one's life experiences.

My youngest still goes to best friend's family Seder every year. And the friend comes to our house for Easter dinner.

That's to pump up congregation membership more than anything else. The younger generations are increasingly moving away from religion and congregations are dying out.
Different -- attending religious traditions for cultural exposure and believing your religion is the right religion.

I wasn't overly sensitive and we laughed and joked about how they wanted my kids to 'adopt' their faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 06:02 AM

8,232 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Most likely with that many crammed into an SUV.

And the insurance for the semi will pay out to the families, and Americans will once again pay on the back-end in higher premiums for the irresponsibility of illegal immigrants and their enablers.
Hopefully, the truck driver will be not declared at fault and the insurance company fights it.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:06 AM

8,232 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Left uses terrible tragedies like this accident to push for driver licenses for illegal aliens. They say that if they had licenses then they would not have to all cram into one car to get to the next job. At least that is what they have been saying in my state as well as fear of Covid being spread.

I guess in a way having 15 people crammed into one car is the ultimate in car pooling. It sounds like they are doing their part to save the planet from global warming.
They can't possibly be obeying seatbelt laws.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:07 AM

20,106 posts, read 9,018,880 times
This tragic story should certainly give Biden a reason to remove border security and just create a welcome center for those entering the country. Anyone illegal is free to enter the country anyway. Many are just dropping their kids off and returning back to where they live. Thankfully much of this only effects 4 border states - Texas, Arizona, NM, and California. What a mess Biden has created.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:25 AM

8,758 posts, read 5,055,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
This tragic story should certainly give Biden a reason to remove border security and just create a welcome center for those entering the country. Anyone illegal is free to enter the country anyway. Many are just dropping their kids off and returning back to where they live. Thankfully much of this only effects 4 border states - Texas, Arizona, NM, and California. What a mess Biden has created.
No. If they stayed in Mexico, where they belong....this wouldn`t of happened.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:55 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I was reported on the news that all the seats in the rear of the vehicle had been removed thus to accomodate 20 some passengers in the back of it. It's typical to smuggle people into our country that way. The driver of the SUV was from Mexicali, Mexico.
You keep telling us that agriculture workers are here legally. The location of the crash and the age of the van tells me they could be legal workers in the carrot fields.

It was common to see pick up trucks with workers crammed into the bed on the freeways of Texas until the state made it against the law and started enforcing it.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:56 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
No seats, no seat belts. The state will pick up the medical costs. Clown world.

Old 03-03-2021, 08:09 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pershing2016 View Post
Actually, the people are stacked, after first removing the seats.
My truck is one of the most stolen here. F350. We usually find them out in the desert painted rattle can black with all the lights disconnected and smelling like weed.

Old 03-03-2021, 08:52 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Hopefully, the truck driver will be not declared at fault and the insurance company fights it.

Let's assume the truck had a $2M policy. There's going to be an economic decision made to just make the policy limits available to all parties, and let the fight over it. It's just too many claims. Over a dozen deaths, and then how many crippling injuries?

No, the insurance company is definitely going to tender the policy to the others.

Old 03-03-2021, 08:58 AM

19,841 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
You keep telling us that agriculture workers are here legally. The location of the crash and the age of the van tells me they could be legal workers in the carrot fields.

It was common to see pick up trucks with workers crammed into the bed on the freeways of Texas until the state made it against the law and started enforcing it.
The crash is barely a mile from a cemetery with unmarked bricks which is the burial ground for migrants who died crossing the border. It is a human smuggling route.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies