Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2021, 03:55 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times

Advertisements

Abbott should have allowed some relaxation of restrictions but adjusted the parameters. I got vaccinated because my employer required it. I wasn't comfortable with it but needed to keep my job so I got the shots anyway. The idea of having to wear masks and keep doing exactly that same thing left me even more bitter. What's the point of being vaccinated if we still have to wear masks and socially distance? I'm weeks post vaccine, so I won't feel guilty about not wearing one. Those who haven't been vaccinated still have the choice to wear masks, whether a law is in place or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 04:01 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Abbott should have allowed some relaxation of restrictions but adjusted the parameters. I got vaccinated because my employer required it. I wasn't comfortable with it but needed to keep my job so I got the shots anyway. The idea of having to wear masks and keep doing exactly that same thing left me even more bitter. What's the point of being vaccinated if we still have to wear masks and socially distance? I'm weeks post vaccine, so I won't feel guilty about not wearing one. Those who haven't been vaccinated still have the choice to wear masks, whether a law is in place or not.
I'm now double vaccinated as well. I still wear the mask in public places because 1) I don't want to look like some ignorant Trumper and 2) there are many, many vulnerable people out there still who are begging for vaccine and can't yet get it that get worried when they encounter ignorant unmasked Trumpers in the grocery store.

9,319 posts, read 16,655,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
What percentage of Texans have received vaccinations? Perhaps they hit the 80%.distribution ?

The reality is an easy choice. Line some fat cats wallet ....
Or live life in ways to deter transmission or receptor of this virus.

Texas really does get the supercilious award!
I heard that 6% of Texans have been vaccinated.

7,352 posts, read 6,521,770 times
I might move to Texas, at least while spineless Kemp is still ruining Georgia.

Old 03-02-2021, 04:05 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,258,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'm now double vaccinated as well. I still wear the mask in public places because 1) I don't want to look like some ignorant Trumper and 2) there are many, many vulnerable people out there still who are begging for vaccine and can't yet get it that get worried when they encounter ignorant unmasked Trumpers in the grocery store.
Lol. Funny

Old 03-02-2021, 04:09 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Many businesses, especially the large national ones, will not go along with this given the CDC opposition. Also, most of the people in Texas are probably smarter than the governor and will not just run out unvaccinated and unmasked into crowded areas. Still, there are enough of the rest to possibly result in another spike and needless suffering if Texas can't get their vaccination effort together better than they have been doing.
Most people in Texas think this has been a big CYA overreaction in response to a virus that really is not nearly as dangerous as the irresponsible media and the likes of Fauci have made it out to be.

C.Y.A.

People who have serious complicating conditions should take the appropriate precautions. For everyone else, it is time to get on with your lives.

There is no such thing as "safe". We all take risks, every day. And at the end of it all, we are ALL going to die, whether it be from the Wuhan virus, or something else. It is time to move on.

Old 03-02-2021, 04:12 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,312 times
Given the choice of masks or businesses opening, I would allow businesses to open. Masks are not a big deal so I don't really see any reason to not continue wearing masks for another 30 days or so. It is risk/reward. With the vaccine distribution now doing better, the number of new infections will still go down.

Old 03-02-2021, 04:14 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Given the choice of masks or businesses opening, I would allow businesses to open. Masks are not a big deal so I don't really see any reason to not continue wearing masks for another 30 days or so. It is risk/reward. With the vaccine distribution now doing better, the number of new infections will still go down.
Go for it.

Old 03-02-2021, 04:14 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantRoads View Post
What is the population of the United States? What was the death rate last year vs previous years? 99% survival rate and majority of those who died were done by 4 Democrat governors murdering elderly in nursing homes.

Stick to passing off fear as sanity as math isn't your strong suit.

It's a joy to watch the conspiracy theorists and fear mongers like you be wrong over and over.

In case you missed it, it is far more dangerous to be in Kalifornia and New York where they murdered their elderly thus accounting for most of the deaths in the US.

Now wear your mask like a good sheep until you are told what to do next. LOL
So everybody just needs to brave up and face the virus without a mask and crowd into indoor arenas, concert halls and churches? After all, the chance of you getting this severely sick from COVID-19 are probably around 1 in 50 million:

Firefighter discharged after lengthy battle with COVID-19: https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/st...00e9ad543.html

Old 03-02-2021, 04:18 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
99% survival rate, oh the horror.

Asking people to starve to death or risk catching a 99% survival rate virus is a pretty simple choice.

Sweden is laughing at the entire world right now.
It's not just about dying. The big problem is that coming down with COVID-19 is not only a mild and brief illness for everybody with no long lasting after effects. But at least it's a good thing hardly anybody on here complains how long and bad being sick from covid was for them.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 03-02-2021 at 04:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies