Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2021, 09:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol. To have Covid deaths per million comparable to the east coast states that got hit in March, in a state like S. Dakota, with extremely low population density, no crowded transportation, etc. is a complete fiasco. Should be voted out asap but I'm not holding my breath,
You do realize, Government has no obligation nor authority, much less policing powers to keep you safe.
That is an individuals responsibility.
Warren v. District of Columbia

https://www.barneslawllp.com/blog/po...quired-protect
You (not police) are responsible for your safety - Fighting Forward Self Defense
https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/p...o-protect.html
https://freerepublic.com/focus/news/1976377/posts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 09:17 PM

8,475 posts, read 4,724,709 times
All the more reason for me to mask up and carry hand sanitizer.

I honestly don’t see how politics overshadows a public health thing.

You free facers go ahead and have a BBQ sans your face diapers. I, however, will actually try to take precautions to not just keep myself healthy, but also to keep everybody around me safe as well.

You free facers hella undermine that. Shame on you.

Old 03-02-2021, 09:22 PM

8,116 posts, read 3,661,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
But North Dakota had more cases per million than SD and had a mask mandate and more restrictions. Deaths were similar. Should that governor also be voted out?
1. Mask mandate was introduced late, very late.

2. The difference in cases per million is very small. And ND has more testing per million so it's better to look at the death count.

3. ND's deaths/million is also extremely high, considering how late the state was hit, extremely low population density, and everything else.

Old 03-02-2021, 09:27 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
In an announcement in Lubbock today, TX Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order allowing businesses to operate at 100% capacity. It’s time to reopen Texas 100%,” Abbott said. “So that any business that wants to open can open.” One thing is for sure. With this announcement, our hospitals will soon be operating at 100% capacity EDIT: I also learned the mask mandate will be lifted as of March 10th.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/gov-...rence-tuesday/

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...ogle.com&csi=0
Well, that's a pretty stupid decision. The good news for those of us in Colorado is that with policies like this there will be less Texans to move up here in the future.

Less Texans = Safer Winter Driving

Old 03-02-2021, 09:33 PM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Texas secedes from Clown World. Who would have thought?

Old 03-02-2021, 09:36 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
And still in shock that a Republican Governor has so much confident in Biden he would relive the guidelines his previous administration implemented.

Old 03-02-2021, 09:39 PM

8,475 posts, read 4,724,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantRoads View Post
Free facers? Is that supposed to be an insult?

Our natural state is "free face" so thank you for the complement.

I bet you are one of those that wears a mask in their car. Always makes my spouse and I laugh.
Nah, it’s a term I’ve only heard from anti-mask folks.

I don’t wear a mask where it’s not needed, aka outside or in the car. If I delivered food, I’d wear one in the car.

Otherwise, I ssssssssooooooo don’t understand the reticence towards masks. It’s not a big ask.

Old 03-02-2021, 09:42 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
And still we celebrate an administration that would have a red state Governor celebrate the ability to lift guidelines. WOO HOO

Old 03-02-2021, 09:46 PM

15,819 posts, read 6,523,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantRoads View Post
I bet you are one of those that wears a mask in their car. Always makes my spouse and I laugh.
Heh, yeah. It's funny because of all the dead bodies and stuff.

Old 03-02-2021, 09:49 PM

30,137 posts, read 11,759,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
1. Mask mandate was introduced late, very late.

2. The difference in cases per million is very small. And ND has more testing per million so it's better to look at the death count.

3. ND's deaths/million is also extremely high, considering how late the state was hit, extremely low population density, and everything else.
There were 244K deaths in the USA by Nov 14th when ND did their mask mandate. We now have over 500K. More deaths happened after the mask mandate than before. Yet SD and ND have similar death and case numbers. They were not late in the game if you go by the numbers.

As far as testing. ND is #46, SD is #49. That is a wash. Look, I am fine with people wearing masks. Not fine with the government mandating it. SD and ND are a perfect example of why.

Clearly if you examine state data from strict states to non strict state there is no overall evidence that strict states made a difference. Perfect example is CA and FL. CA had much more draconian measures but both states have similar case and death numbers.

Biggest issue is gatherings in private homes. And since most people do this covertly its impossible to get numbers as to how this effects state and national totals. But its obvious that when holidays come up cases will eventually rise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies