Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2021, 05:27 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
States do this, not the Feds.
HUH?

Of course states decide.

But Abbot still implemented guidelines to 'shut' the state down when the previous federal admin. was in office -- now he ssees all that Biden is doing to mitigate the spread and he feels good about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 05:29 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,270 times
I mean, at this point the wealthy in Texas have gotten vaccinated and are tired of wearing masks. Why would that state care about the little people, as long as their upper class is taken care of?

Old 03-03-2021, 05:36 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
I mean, at this point the wealthy in Texas have gotten vaccinated and are tired of wearing masks. Why would that state care about the little people, as long as their upper class is taken care of?
More divisive Communist statements. Grow up.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:38 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Are you saying "little people" are stupid and cant weigh risk/benefit for themselves? Are you a "little people"?

Old 03-03-2021, 05:38 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
I mean, at this point why even bother ever leaving your house?The scary 99.9% survival rate virus is "gonna get cha."

Old 03-03-2021, 06:04 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I think generally speaking most folks were sympathetic to the plight of the people of Texas and what they were going through during the storm, but I believe after this move by the man they elected as governor people are less inclined to feel for their wellbeing. Certainly this thread appears to reflect that. Sorry it doesn't play to your narrative.
Well i say the news is always designed to make things seem worse than they are anywhere. If all you know about a place is what you see on the news then you don’t know much at all. People do it to Florida, Texas, and California. How often do people from other states know what the f is really going on in the other states?

Gov. Abbott isn’t that bad. In fact, you might be surprised to know that governors in Texas aren’t all that powerful either. The constitution is set up that way. Where they are powerful is edicts like this Covid business, but this new open order does allow leeway to local county judges to take action if hospital rates rise, which is better than tying it to case rates and is better for more rural counties that don’t have the same issues as more populous counties.

I personally will wear a mask for a while and see what happens. The kids have been in school this whole time and I’ve dealt with that. In fact, of my three kids (two adults and one teenager still at home) all three have had Covid now and were fine so I’m not worried about them anymore. And they aren’t going to bring it home to me either. I’m not sure it matters because I never got it from my son and if anyone would give it to me it would have been him since we ate dinner, watched television and rode in the same car everyday.

Older people have mostly been getting vaccinated here so far. Now they’re starting with the lower age groups soon. I hope to be getting it soon. I’m on a wait list.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:07 AM

8,494 posts, read 4,738,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Enjoy your burka.
Lmao...it’s just a mask.

It’s not the big deal some make it out to be.

Seriously. Try it out.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
In an announcement in Lubbock today, TX Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order allowing businesses to operate at 100% capacity. It’s time to reopen Texas 100%,” Abbott said. “So that any business that wants to open can open.” One thing is for sure. With this announcement, our hospitals will soon be operating at 100% capacity EDIT: I also learned the mask mandate will be lifted as of March 10th.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/gov-...rence-tuesday/

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...ogle.com&csi=0
As illegal aliens flood across the southern border, with COVID.... 105 of them tested positive for COVID in Brownsville yesterday and there was nothing anyone could do to stop them from getting on a bus and departing to places unknown.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:10 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Lmao...it’s just a mask.

It’s not the big deal some make it out to be.

Seriously. Try it out.
Its clothing, just like a BLM t-shirt.
Feel special?

Old 03-03-2021, 06:14 AM

366 posts, read 110,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
This is why I am so mixed. I am all for precautions and don’t think the mask mandate should be lifted. That said, Florida is doing just fine. Hospitalization is the same as other states. I lean towards us slowly opening more and more.
We have 3 counties with similar population, 2 have mask mandates. The county with no mandate has less cases per 100,000 and less hospitalizations. Go figure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies