Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2021, 11:18 AM

23 posts, read 7,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What state is that? Maybe they will soon. Now that Texas has done it, and Florida has nearly done it, and we are moving out of the winter with a VERY rapidly falling hospitalization numbers, there will be other states that ditch these restrictions soon.

At this point, it is not about science or health, it is about politics, power, imposed dominance and control of the masses. We must refuse to accept the continuation of these restrictions. They were temporary, now it is time for them to end.
In Florida we are full of newly arrived NORTH east people. The bars are open and restaurants are close to bustling. There is no way they are all from one side of the political spectrum.
Democrats are loving the escape from the anti-science lockdowns and closures.
Just like those who are going out in California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 11:23 AM

340 posts, read 123,952 times
Public experts like Fauci have said we cannot get complacent. Texas is making a grave mistake sadly...

Old 03-04-2021, 11:24 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Quote:
What state is that? Maybe they will soon. Now that Texas has done it, and Florida has nearly done it, and we are moving out of the winter with a VERY rapidly falling hospitalization numbers, there will be other states that ditch these restrictions soon.

At this point, it is not about science or health, it is about politics, power, imposed dominance and control of the masses. We must refuse to accept the continuation of these restrictions. They were temporary, now it is time for them to end.
Lol, I love all the work which goes into demonizing masks and mandates.

Anyway, as the numbers get better, and move vaccinations are issued, of course we will start to see some lifting of mask requirements. I’ll continue to wear one myself until I’ve gotten the shot(s).

Old 03-04-2021, 11:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Never did a thing about the woman who owned the beauty salons.
She was wearing a face diaper.....

Old 03-04-2021, 11:30 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
Public experts like Fauci have said we cannot get complacent. Texas is making a grave mistake sadly...
There are no "experts" with regards to this virus, or any of the so-called "vaccines".

Dr. Fauci has constantly changed his positions and has been routinely wrong about a great many aspects of this whole politically energized and media magnified boondoggle. He is not someone who has any significant capabilities of discernment will put their confidence in. He is a partisan Democrat, for crying out loud and obviously is enjoying his moment of power and influence far too much.

Old 03-04-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Lol, I love all the work which goes into demonizing masks and mandates.

Anyway, as the numbers get better, and move vaccinations are issued, of course we will start to see some lifting of mask requirements. I’ll continue to wear one myself until I’ve gotten the shot(s).
I’m with you on this. I should not get all worked up over unenforceable mandates which are just a CYA for the politicians.

Also I get worked up about the “guidelines” from the CDC. Of course they are going to be overwhelmingly over cautious to the point of stupidity- they all have to CTA.

In case anyone is unfamiliar CYA = cover your a**

Old 03-04-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
There are no "experts" with regards to this virus, or any of the so-called "vaccines".

Dr. Fauci has constantly changed his positions and has been routinely wrong about a great many aspects of this whole politically energized and media magnified boondoggle. He is not someone who has any significant capabilities of discernment will put their confidence in. He is a partisan Democrat, for crying out loud and obviously is enjoying his moment of power and influence far too much.
Human nature. Very few knew who he was before this.
I was with him in the beginning but he has clearly outworn his welcome.

Along with the others at the CDC.

Old 03-04-2021, 11:43 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
Those who agree with you will continue taking the proper precautions. Those who don't will act like the TX governor and treat this pandemic like it isn't one. We're so close to being able to go back to some semblance of normalcy. It's a shame. I'm hoping the majority of Texans will be responsible and smart and do what they need to do to remain safe and keep their loved ones safe.

Old 03-04-2021, 11:45 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
From Facebook:

“The only thing not open in Texas is a science book.

Old 03-04-2021, 11:53 AM

3,647 posts, read 1,601,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
From Facebook:

“The only thing not open in Texas is a science book.

“Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.”-Walter Lippmann, two-time Pulitzer Prize winner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies