Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 04:11 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times

Advertisements

With Biden presidency, will we see a sales uptick in breach loading, lever action, and WW2 Style bolt actions that load from top with stripper clips? Will the pump action rifle make a comeback?

I remember Biden stating all you need is a s/s double shotgun for self defense. I did not want to start another thread asking this. I actually like those old skool type of guns. They remind me of Wild West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 04:40 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Only "FUTURE SLAVES" give their government power to take their guns away
Says someone from the country adjudged as being in 52nd position compared to all those countries who don't feel the need to be armed out of fear of their own neighbours and fellow countrymen

https://www.axios.com/world-most-lea...666a22283.html

18th postion on this one:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...-to-perception

Tied with the UK in 17th spot on this one:

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/site...index-2020.pdf

53rd position on this one:

https://thefulcrum.us/freedom-house-2645382194

Maybe the fact of owning all those guns used for nothing better than protecting yourselves from each other and killing each other has something to do with the lagging freedom to pursue life and happiness?

This future slave is just ask'n.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:55 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Appears to me that the entire country is being dragged down by armed fools.

Old 03-03-2021, 11:49 PM

6,122 posts, read 3,347,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I come from a family of engineers.
I was the 8 year old kid with a gun.
We weren’t special just people that had fruit trees, gofers and varmints that need to be dealt with.
We lived in Lafayette California.
Kinda an upscale place with hills.

My brother (who is 1 year older) and I were allowed to have .22 caliber semi automatic rifles with ammo in the room we shared when I was about 8 years old.
We were taught at a young age to respect firearms and how to fix them.

The thing with gun restrictions and confiscations other than totally being wrong is that there are too many that can’t be confiscated and they shouldn’t be.

If that happens only the bad guys will be able to protect them selves and good guys will be forced to pay dearly.

All that said I am for a measure of gun control.
If you are not worthy... like mental/anger issues or a criminal you should not be near a weapon.

As a stand up citizen....
After you pass a state and federal background check just like those of us that have carry concealed pistol licenses you should have your personal choice of being able to protect you and your family any way you deem fit as long as there is that danger.

After you pass your “good guy” background check you should be good to go.
No waiting periods because you have already been checked.
No interstate restrictions.
Concealed carry at your discretion in proper places.
Have periodic checks on the worthy.

No danger.
No gun.
Hand out big penalties to those that break the rules.
Do not release bad people “Willy Nilly” into our society.
Just simple common sense rules.

That’s all I got.
Who decides if you are mentally fit? The Biden administration? What if they decide you are crazy for supporting Trump and take your guns away? If you think that scenario can’t happen, you are naive.

This is exactly what they want. For you to concede on a few points now so they can seize them all later.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:51 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Did we even have a mass shooting when Trump was in the WH ? Did we have any terrorist attacks?
Good lord, how could you forget the 2017 mass shooting in Las Vegas? Or did you regard it has a fake news story or false flag event? Or does the shooter need to kill over 100 before it's a mass shooting?

As for domestic terror, it happened at the capitol on Jan. 6th.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:58 AM

1,014 posts, read 480,079 times
Are you for the 2nd Amendment right? Right to bear arms. This is a topic most people don't think about. I'm not one to vote in favor of it. But it's there if I need it. But then, why would I need to carry a gun all the time in may car? The society or community we live in is surrounded by water. It is the air raids and bombs they should be worried or thinking about. The military defense is the first line of defense. And not the small gun owner. That is the way I look at it.

I remember 2017 in Las Vegas. Mandalay Hotel. The shooter sniper shot 54 people. Did they catch the sniper. I hear that was a military guy gone bonkers. Any time you hear a story like this, one point for international military command. But zero points for the people who live there. It is a odd catch. But true. How true was this?

Last edited by tyCable; 03-04-2021 at 01:09 AM..

Old 03-04-2021, 01:42 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I'm all for guns, but I don't really beleive that Biden will take our guns away as people are always fearing. Sure, they might tighten the bolts on who can buy guys and when and how, but overall, the same people that are responsible gun owners now, probably won't be affected by any new laws. They just want criminals to stop obtaining guns, which is fine by me.

Laws don't stop criminals. Liberals also refuse to prosecute criminals so what is their end game? To disarm the populace. If you can't see that you're blind

Old 03-04-2021, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
There is roughly 2000 firearms laws on the books, maybe we should start strictly enforcing those ?
enforcing the law is racist.

Old 03-04-2021, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyCable View Post
Are you for the 2nd Amendment right? Right to bear arms. This is a topic most people don't think about. I'm not one to vote in favor of it. But it's there if I need it. But then, why would I need to carry a gun all the time in may car? The society or community we live in is surrounded by water. It is the air raids and bombs they should be worried or thinking about. The military defense is the first line of defense. And not the small gun owner. That is the way I look at it.

I remember 2017 in Las Vegas. Mandalay Hotel. The shooter sniper shot 54 people. Did they catch the sniper. I hear that was a military guy gone bonkers. Any time you hear a story like this, one point for international military command. But zero points for the people who live there. It is a odd catch. But true. How true was this?
Not true at all. There's a reason why no information has been released about that. That was either a government arms deal gone wrong or another false flag shooting targeting a bunch "dumb rednecks" at a country concert in hopes they could get some support for gun control on that side of the issue.

Old 03-04-2021, 02:08 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Appears to me that the entire country is being dragged down by armed fools.
I guess you're just going to have to rewind time to remove the 2nd amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies