Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 03:06 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,243,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Threads like this make it so very obvious why some of the right-wingers believe what they believe. They are so out of touch with reality they are capable of believing anything. They are as out of touch with reality as ... well, the Chinese courts.
It's so obvious...China is their friend when they make heinous rulings like this.

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Why would it be homophobia to view gay men of having a mental disorder? Biological science tells us it's not normal, thus a disorder. It's not a phobia to observe science.
What are you talking about? Same sex behavior is found in more than 500 species. It's "normal" even if not the norm.

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I think that homophobia is the real mental disorder.....
Indeed.

Why are some so preoccupied with other people’s sex lives?

Old 03-03-2021, 03:08 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I thought we, America has moved beyond the issue of homosexuality. Who cares? My wife and I just got back from a hike with a gay friend. There is nothing wrong with him except maybe that he is a Biden guy.

The only problem I have ever had with gay people is when they try to push their life style on the public and that includes the transgendered people as well. I don't want to see a gay couple making out on the street and equally I don't want to see a heterosexual couple doing the same. Get a room guys.

To each their own. Live and Let Live is what I say and it should be what everyone says including China.
I don't have any problem with gays, lesbians, etc...

I have no care or interest in who a person prefers to have sex with. Some men like redheads, some like brunettes, some like specific races of women, or they like other men, I don't care.

My point is simply that being gay is not normal to any species of mammal. To point out this scientific fact does not make a person homophobic, nor does it mean that you don't like people who are gay.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:10 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
You had better get used to it with Beijing Buyedin in charge, er, rather being controlled by China. Things are changing and not for the better. Be careful what you wish for.
And this post here is yet another example of what I was referring to. The chances of Joe Biden and his administration declaring homosexuality to be a mental disorder is precisely zero. That some right-wingers here believe he will follow China's example on this goes to show how completely out of touch with reality they are.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:13 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
My point is simply that being gay is not normal to any species of mammal. To point out this scientific fact does not make a person homophobic, nor does it mean that you don't like people who are gay.
It's not normal, but it is natural. Having red hair is not normal. Having high blood pressure is not normal. I'm sure there are many things about you that aren't normal. Should you be singled out and excluded because of them?

Old 03-03-2021, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What are you talking about? Same sex behavior is found in more than 500 species. It's "normal" even if not the norm.
It's just common sense. If it became normal for a species of fox, that for each succeeding generation every male pup born ignored the females foxes, that species of fox would cease to exist. Because, biologically speaking, it's not normal. So no, being gay is not the normal biology for any mammal species.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
It's not normal, but it is natural. Having red hair is not normal. Having high blood pressure is not normal. I'm sure there are many things about you that aren't normal. Should you be singled out and excluded because of them?
Where did you make that leap?

Old 03-03-2021, 03:20 PM

8,557 posts, read 10,981,308 times
You can call homosexuality anything you want.
I call it God's way at population control.
We can't feed all the people on this planet as it is.
Could you imagine how many more would be here if there were no gay , or lesbian people, and each couple had two or more kids?
That should set the homophobes, and the bible thumpers thought to a more sensible way of thinking.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:24 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
China is a communist, authoritarian, collective, patriarchal nation and is completely opposite of the liberal Anglo Saxon world. Now if you are from the liberal Anglo Saxon left. You should not like China and possibly look into Anglo businesses like Apple who do business with China and hold them accountable. China is an homophobia nation, women are not treated equally and China publicly practiced systemic racsim with minority groups like the Tibetana uygers, and Mongols. If you are virtuous and believe in your anti racism, feminism virtue. You should not support China, and hold American companies thet you depend on for your lively hood like apple who do business with China on a high level for its manufacturing of iPhones.
Most of Trump’s retail products, clothing, leather goods, jewelry, home goods etc were made in China. India, Bangladesh and Vietnam were also used. In other words, anywhere but the USA.

Trump made clear he loved the Saudis because they bought a lot of stuff from him. Trump Org has been engaged in long term talks about developing some Saudis islands to rival Dubai.

Should a same sex couple want to hold a reception at a Trump property, they would be asked how big of a cake may we bake for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies