Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 05:26 PM

20,881 posts, read 9,563,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
There must be some sort of a comprehension problem on your part. I said no such thing.
Absolutely, yes you did. Right here below. In post #8 said that the OP's post was an indication of how out of touch some right-wingers are. That was my opinion. In response to that, right here you mocked me for that post. Thus, at the very same moment you were mocking me for ridiculing somebody's opinion, you were ridiculing my opinion.
Quote:
Opinions are horrible things for you leftists... because they could come up being not exactly the same as yours. And that is so sad. It's what the Catholic Church and inquisition of the middle ages used to call "heresy." It was punishable by death back then. We aren't there yet with the New Liberal Church, but we are getting there.

Personally, I don't care for homophones. It's sew easy two get them confused sometimes.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:51 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,408,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I think zentropa used a less-than-optimal word when he/she said "normal."

Heterosexuality is "typical." That's why it dominates all species. As you noted, if it was dominant, species would cease to reproduce in large numbers and eventually go extinct.

Homosexuality is "normal" (as in, "natural") but it is not "dominant." A small percentage of individuals are born with homosexuality - it is like a recessive trait. That's why it persists, similar to people born with 6 fingers and toes and other out-of-the-norm traits. Just because it's an out-of-the-norm trait, does not mean it cannot be "natural" and continue to persist in nature - it's simply a trait that occurs in a small percentage of individuals.
Simply existing in nature isn't enough to make something natural.

If it were, nothing that exists could be excluded from the group of things that are natural.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:53 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,237,376 times
when I saw this in the morning, I figured it would be way more than 2 CD pages by now. Damn those ignorant unenlightened Uighur-torturing Chinese! It's all Trump's fault!1!!!!!

Old 03-03-2021, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Simply existing in nature isn't enough to make something natural.
What kind of bizarre argument is that?

You actually just said that something that exists in nature isn't natural?!?! That is an actual contradiction!

Quote:
If it were, nothing that exists could be excluded from the group of things that are natural.
Plastic bottles aren't produced by nature. Thus, they aren't natural.

Duh.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:43 PM

25,838 posts, read 18,870,148 times
Quote:
Absolutely, yes you did. Right here below. In post #8 said that the OP's post was an indication of how out of touch some right-wingers are. That was my opinion. In response to that, right here you mocked me for that post. Thus, at the very same moment you were mocking me for ridiculing somebody's opinion, you were ridiculing my opinion.
Here's my final attempt at clarifying this matter for you: I absolutely support you having any opinion you wish to have. But that in no way equates to me not responding negatively concerning your opinion. They are not one and the same. In other words, you have your right to your opinion, but you have no right to expect your opinion to be canonized or unchallenged.

I am not telling you to not have an opinion when I disagree with you or "mock" you.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:51 PM

Quote:
You seem to not understand the difference in believing that everyone should be able to express an opinion and having an opinion about the opinions of others.
This is what I originally said. I was stating my opinion that threads like this demonstrate how out-of-touch with reality some right-wingers are.
Quote:
Threads like this make it so very obvious why some of the right-wingers believe what they believe. They are so out of touch with reality they are capable of believing anything. They are as out of touch with reality as ... well, the Chinese courts.
And then you came along and attacked me for stating that opinion. That is, you were doing exactly what you were attacking me for doing: Attacking someone for stating an opinion.
Quote:
Here's my final attempt at clarifying this matter for you: I absolutely support you having any opinion you wish to have. But that in no way equates to me not responding negatively concerning your opinion. They are not one and the same. In other words, you have your right to your opinion, but you have no right to expect your opinion to be canonized or unchallenged.
I was not expecting my opinion to be canonized or unchallenged. It was you who, in your attack on my opinion, said that we should not attack other people for their opinions. Since you were clearly contradicting your own belief in the very same words with which you stated that belief, all I did was point out you were being hypocritical.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
This is what I originally said. I was stating my opinion that threads like this demonstrate how out-of-touch with reality some right-wingers are.

And then you came along and attacked me for stating that opinion. That is, you were doing exactly what you were attacking me for doing: Attacking someone for stating an opinion.

I was not expecting my opinion to be canonized or unchallenged. It was you who, in your attack on my opinion, said that we should not attack other people for their opinions. Since you were clearly contradicting your own belief in the very same words with which you stated that belief, all I did was point out you were being hypocritical.
Well... can't say I didn't try three times to clarify it for you. It's obvious that you are being purposely obtuse. That's fine, but it doesn't bode well for doing anything except propagating a back and forth artillery duel. Which is counterproductive for both combatants. So I've ordered my artillery officers to just allow you to keep shooting blanks without returning fire.

Old 03-03-2021, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Well... can't say I didn't try three times to clarify it for you. It's obvious that you are being purposely obtuse. That's fine, but it doesn't bode well for doing anything except propagating a back and forth artillery duel. Which is counterproductive for both combatants. So I've ordered my artillery officers to just allow you to keep shooting blanks without returning fire.
You realized you were contradicting yourself after I pointed it out to you. Now all you're doing is trying to make excuses for yourself.

Old 03-03-2021, 07:01 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,459,101 times
Quote:
Threads like this make it so very obvious why some of the right-wingers believe what they believe. They are so out of touch with reality they are capable of believing anything. They are as out of touch with reality as ... well, the Chinese courts.
Posts like this exhibit the sheer enormity of the ignorance in society today. Were it not for sex between male and female organisms life as we know it on this planet would not exist. Go and learn something. You impress no one as you are now.

Old 03-03-2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
There is no such thing as mental illness;
Keep telling yourself that. Most of the "evil" that happens in this world is due to mental illness. I guess in your world, folks like Jeffrey Dahmer wasn't mentally ill. He was just misunderstood, right? And of course, people like Hitler or Stalin were not mentally ill either.

This thinking is where postmodernism has brought us: no right, no wrong, no good, no evil, no mentally healthy, no mentally ill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies