Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 08:30 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I agree the two can't really be harmonized. How about open up with mask mandates and some social distancing, and have normal immigration stopping ALL illegal immigration.
These, according to the OP, are Asylum Seekers. Also, as I stated in my previous post, it states in the link that they are tested and treated if positive. They ALL wear masks!

The more probable scenario is that these Asylum Seekers will contract COVID from a Texan who does not cover their mouths when coughing or spray-talking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 11:58 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
We ALL knew this would happen. But biden does not care. Are we surprised democrats want to spread the virus? NOPE!
I'm surprised they are not tearing down the wall

Old 03-03-2021, 12:40 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Texas Governor: "migrants seeking asylum and released by Border Patrol have tested positive to Covid-19 tests in Brownsville, Texas."

Texas Governor: "Lets open businesses 100%, end the lockdown and mask mandate!"

Yeah, that's real smart Abbott!
The illegals are headed to your town. Enjoy!!

Old 03-03-2021, 12:48 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
These, according to the OP, are Asylum Seekers. Also, as I stated in my previous post, it states in the link that they are tested and treated if positive. They ALL wear masks!

The more probable scenario is that these Asylum Seekers will contract COVID from a Texan who does not cover their mouths when coughing or spray-talking.
I call BS. Your previous post where you quoted says nothing about these people being "tested," but they are looked at for symptoms. How many are walking through without symptoms.

Rigggghhht.
Blame the state of Texas rather than Biden* who is mandating open borders.
Thousands of illegals are pouring in every day, carrying Covid and spreading it to the nation.
Biden's* administration is an exponential threat to the safety of American citizens.

Old 03-03-2021, 01:29 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Republicans are dumb. They set themselves up for failure every time.
Good intentions, but dumb execution.
They opened the flood gates for the Democrats to pounce all over them with the “we told you so’s”. This jackass lifts the covid regulations while covid infested illegals pour over the border about to send numbers(and deaths?) thru the roof. Which is why the Democrats will let them all in and turn a blind eye, for the sole purpose of sticking it to the Republicans.

Old 03-03-2021, 01:35 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
asylum cases take 3/4 years to adjudicate ....just let them roam around the Southern border states spreading Covid

LMAO...no worries, we'll borrow another 2 trillion to take cate of that problem...

Old 03-03-2021, 01:39 PM

2,445 posts, read 1,068,020 times
Quote:
Texas Governor: "migrants seeking asylum and released by Border Patrol have tested positive to Covid-19 tests in Brownsville, Texas."

Texas Governor: "Lets open businesses 100%, end the lockdown and mask mandate!"

Yeah, that's real smart Abbott!
What difference would it make if we allow illegals with covid to come in and go where they please. Stopping Americans from traveling and forcing masks makes no sense since you aren’t going to enforce it for illegals

Old 03-03-2021, 05:48 PM

19,209 posts, read 16,696,914 times
If Texas officials are saying foreigners seeking asylum are spreading the virus as they come across the border then close the borders. No one gets in until this country has gotten a handle on it. Geez, even Wuhan took care of the problem where it originated and here we are, a year later, still dealing with it.

Old 03-03-2021, 07:48 PM

1,052 posts, read 452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtHome4Ever View Post
According to Biden it's perfectly acceptable for illegal aliens and BLM protestors to spread the virus.
I don't get it, how can liberals and anyone who voted for Biden because of the pandemic NOT be outraged by 100s of illegals just spreading Covid around? The virus they supposedly fear so much.

Old 03-03-2021, 08:37 PM

19,209 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Maybe it's selective outrage. It seems to happen a lot, depending on which party you support. I don't support either party so my outrage is equally distributed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies