Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2021, 08:52 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,728 times

Advertisements

Given Trump's business connections to China over his presidency, it seems fitting that the golden statue of him displayed at CPAC was actually manufactured in China. One of the artists behind it is Mexican, and did not talk about his involvement until now out of fear of racism from Trump supporters.

"I was the architect of this,” Mendoza told Politico’s Playbook. Racism would have prevented Trump fans from buying a sculpture made by a Mexican, he said. “No one is going to buy ‘Jose’ stuff, at least not a Donald Trump statue.”

Mendoza said he felt duty bound to correct the record. “It would have been best to say nothing,” he told Artnet News. “When you start fabricating things like that you’ve gone a little too far. I’m not going to get myself in a bind with this one. We can’t make the public believe it was created in Mexico.”

The piece was manufactured not in Mexico, as Zegan has claimed, but at Shijiazhuang D & Z Sculpture Co., in China, Mendoza said. He provided Artnet News with a short video of the sculpture in a courtyard, with banners with Chinese characters in the background, to substantiate his claim.

Source Here

Old 03-03-2021, 09:03 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Nobody cared when you said it was made in Mexico. No one will care now that you say it was made in China. The USA has real issues that need to be addressed, like why there in a dementia patient posing as a president, and why clown cars full of illegals are driving across our roadways with impunity... At least, the ones that are not colliding with other vehicles.

These TDS stories are just pointless distractions from the real issues concerning America. I know you want Trump back so you can blame him for all the problems, but now your guy is in charge, and he's a real doozy. Most people don't have any confidence in this administration and it's ability to actually fix problems and generate real, positive results. The Biden administration's strategy seems to be to replace American citizens and their high expectations of leadership with illegals and their very low expectations.

Old 03-03-2021, 09:29 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Unfortunately everything is made in China.

Old 03-03-2021, 09:32 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Just about.

Old 03-04-2021, 02:37 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,465,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I wasn't

It was made here on earth. Thats the best I can reason.

I'm not bias about international trade, I'd gladly Give China - Trump. In return I'll welcome two workers that wish to expand upon their creative art work talent .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies