Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 01:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What's the difference?
BLM is a group that advocates for equal treatment of black people. the KKK doesnt advocate for the equal treatment of white people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 01:08 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
BLM is a group that advocates for equal treatment of black people. the KKK doesnt advocate for the equal treatment of white people.
Right, they actually claim to be a Christian organization. their number one enemy is the Jewish people.

Old 03-03-2021, 01:21 PM

2 posts, read 937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Or maybe they sympathize with him. What's to stop the black family from posting a black power sign in their window(red flag with black fist).
Black power is rise above oppression

White power is “we are the master race

White power created a necessity for black power to rise above it.

Old 03-03-2021, 01:34 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
True, but the sad part of this is that you guys really don't mind that the guy was a jackass.
How did you arrive at that conclusion? I would have thought the opposite.

Old 03-03-2021, 02:48 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Must be fake news, everybody knows there is no kkk up north. In all my life I haver never seen a kkk flag. I didn’t even know they had one.
The Klan wasn't limited to the South, far from it. Lots of chapters in the Midwest and the West.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:01 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
When I see a BLM sign in someones yard all I can think is how foolish they are with their virtue signaling. Do they really need to tell the world that they are not racist? Maybe they suffer from White Guilt so they need to give themselves a pat on the back by aligning themselves with what has turned into a violent hate actually racist themselves domestic terrorist group.

BLM signs and flags and KKK ones could be seen as being equal because they are both symbols of extremist groups and they remove any doubt that the person displaying them is ignorant.

ALL Lives Matter. Singling one out above others is in fact racist.
comical isn't it, the Cape screams "white privilege" - flying that flag in the yard makes them feel better....lol

Old 03-03-2021, 03:33 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Or maybe they sympathize with him. What's to stop the black family from posting a black power sign in their window(red flag with black fist).
In a free country everyone has a right to free speech and they should never face punishment for exercising that right. To answer your question not one thing stands in the way of black racist putting up their own symbols.

I believe everyone’s free speech is worth fighting for, that includes the speech of those I support, the speech of those I don’t support and even the speech of some really lousy people. I would rather tolerate some really stupid speech then risk the rights of Americans. I have no doubt the founding fathers would agree.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:01 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I agree with this decision. While it was idiotic and vile to hang that flag (undoubtedly to spur a certain reaction), I don't see what crime they could exactly be charged with.

https://news.yahoo.com/no-charges-kl...161034712.html
Its an affront to the constitution to even think about it.

Being rude has never been illegal. Otherwise everyone in DC would be behind bars.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:02 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
The Klan wasn't limited to the South, far from it. Lots of chapters in the Midwest and the West.
It was strongest in Indiana.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
When I see a BLM sign in someones yard all I can think is how foolish they are with their virtue signaling. Do they really need to tell the world that they are not racist? Maybe they suffer from White Guilt so they need to give themselves a pat on the back by aligning themselves with what has turned into a violent hate actually racist themselves domestic terrorist group.

BLM signs and flags and KKK ones could be seen as being equal because they are both symbols of extremist groups and they remove any doubt that the person displaying them is ignorant.

ALL Lives Matter. Singling one out above others is in fact racist.
Interesting. When I see a KKK flag - I assume the person is trash and likely was a trump supporter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies