Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 10:33 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,756 times

Advertisements

..."Well, the world needs ditch digger's too"...Judge Smails
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 12:08 PM

6,103 posts, read 3,338,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Camarottop View Post
There are no words to describe this situation.

Perhaps the US should give guardians/parents the option of some sort of pre-military school for students who show to be incompatible with the school system for whatever reasons. For example if a student’s GPA falls into the bottom 2-3% nationally — parents have the option of going the military route (assuming the child is physically and mentally healthy).

Perhaps a military compromised of capable people who would’ve otherwise fell into the prison system or drugs.

The actual military school part may cost society money but I bet it pays huge dividends with less drugs, murder, prison lifers, etc.
I’m imagining a unit of these people who didn’t have the intelligence and/or discipline to even make it through an easy high school and I want no part of them. They would be dangerous to themselves and everyone around them and they would likely be insubordinate as well. Ironically, they wouldn’t have any idea what that word even means.

Old 03-03-2021, 12:21 PM

761 posts, read 316,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I’m imagining a unit of these people who didn’t have the intelligence and/or discipline to even make it through an easy high school and I want no part of them. They would be dangerous to themselves and everyone around them and they would likely be insubordinate as well. Ironically, they wouldn’t have any idea what that word even means.
So you would rather throw your hands up and have these people wreaking havoc in society/breeding indiscriminately for 20-30 years until they get a tax payer funded life sentence? Why not change the environment they aren’t compatible with and have something with measurable success rates?

Old 03-03-2021, 03:22 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Camarottop View Post
So you would rather throw your hands up and have these people wreaking havoc in society/breeding indiscriminately for 20-30 years until they get a tax payer funded life sentence? Why not change the environment they aren’t compatible with and have something with measurable success rates?
In the Current Year, any changes meant to help students learn will be construed as "racism" and "white supremacy."

As a nation, we're done. It's over.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:06 PM

761 posts, read 316,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
In the Current Year, any changes meant to help students learn will be construed as "racism" and "white supremacy."

As a nation, we're done. It's over.
Yeah, it’s one of those common sense kinda things that I know today’s society will deem racist.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:25 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Another huge success story for Baltimore Democrats.

Glad I escaped that Democrat dump.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:34 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Oddly people are clamoring to get their kids back in them
To be fair, we are paying huge amounts of money for those public schools to exist so until we dismantle the broken system, get those kids in school. Every study I have read says it's safe with simple measures. Catholic schools here never **** down and they have had little to no issues. Of course the coddled teacher unions won't have it in many places.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:50 PM

34,038 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
according to his mom, it's all the school's fault.

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/projec...s-with-013-gpa
He wanted to raise it .02. It was his Fight for 15..

Old 03-03-2021, 04:55 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
both his mom and the school district are at fault here. They didn't do their jobs. This poor kid is screwed for life I can't help think its only a matter of time before he ends up in a jail cell or dead. Another human life wasted because well why? We didn't want to enforce curriculum and discipline for his entire time in school because of fears of racism, hurting the kids ego or just simple laziness on the part of the school system?

Perhaps no one just wants to take responsibility anymore for anything. i.e. not my responsibility to raise MY kid properly, not my responsibility to do MY job and teach him etc...
That's exactly what happened. Many public schools have a "no fail" policy, so a kid like this could skate by on all Ds (grades of F, Fail, aren't allowed), graduate, and get a completely meaningless high school diploma.

That's the outcome of the racist bigotry of low expectations.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:56 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,161,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
..."Well, the world needs ditch digger's too"...Judge Smails

That would imply working
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies