Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 08:53 AM

10,109 posts, read 7,778,315 times

Advertisements

I've been shaking my head day after day since Biden got in office. I've been trying to figure out what the heck he is trying to accomplish. None of the things he is doing made any sense. It is clear he was not trying to unite America and everything he is going wasn't for America or Americans.

I finally now understand it thanks to Newt Gingrich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLRaOZjecIg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 09:04 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,255,223 times
If Newt Gingrich is your basis for understanding the world, you are doing it wrong.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:06 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
Gingrich created the current political divide; I have no interest in his opinion.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:12 AM

I've been unable to find any other answers to what the White House is doing from the crazy things they are doing to divide the country. What Newt says makes perfect sense.

I mean look at all the Executive orders he signed and quickly. Every single day there is another crazy bill or idea...it won't stop. Dr. Seuss racial undertones? The Muppets? lol WTH! How can anyone say they aren't cookoo crazy?

Newt has been the only one that spilled it out for me in a way that helps me understand what is going on. I no longer have to shake my head trying to figure it out.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Gingrich created the current political divide; I have no interest in his opinion.
Why even post in the thread then. Why not just skip it?

Old 03-04-2021, 09:17 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
We've seen this before, haven't we.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
If Newt Gingrich is your basis for understanding the world, you are doing it wrong.
Another old, with a new book to sell, desperate to stay relevant, never mind half the country likely has no idea who he is.

Newt was an early on adopter of political polarization; built his personal wealth on it and remains so today.

He championed NAFTA and normalizing trade relations with China.

He pursued the impeachment of Clinton for political gain and did so despite his own multiple well known affairs with Congressional aides half his age.

While no longer in Congress, he was an outspoken supporter of the Iraq War resolution and Patriot Act.

He was opposed to withdrawal of troops from Iraq but mostly held his tongue while Bush was in office and agreed to a complete withdrawal by 2011. He then blamed Obama.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:36 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
You have a fundamental misunderstanding.

What you call the current political divide is the point at which the conservative side stopped to be 100% passive against the liberal and leftist encroachment in all aspects of American life

And it wasn't Newt Gingrich, it was Rush Limbaugh

From that point on, conservatives were no longer just going to let the other side dictate where the country was going to go. And it took many years until this reached critical mass with Donald Trump

The Republican transformation is now complete to a populist movement to recapture what was lost. If it's not too late we will eventually have equilibrium again. If it is too late, then we will have balkanization, secessions, and alliances of states who do not recognize any laws or directives from the federal government

Old 03-04-2021, 09:37 AM

9,895 posts, read 4,656,637 times
He's right. Breaking records on executive orders for starters and after seeing how many seats they lost in November to which even Biden noted things like defund police caused down ballot loses they know their time is limited. Throw in Democrat governor scandals, issues etc the writing's on the wall. They just want to make it messy to undo what they will do.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:41 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Newt is usually on point with his analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
He's right. Breaking records on executive orders for starters and after seeing how many seats they lost in November to which even Biden noted things like defund police caused down ballot loses they know their time is limited. Throw in Democrat governor scandals, issues etc the writing's on the wall. They just want to make it messy to undo what they will do.
They also know it's difficult to unwind these things once they are enacted and buried in the legal framework.

They will say it is racist to undo such and such legislation.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 03-04-2021 at 09:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies