Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 04:45 PM

462 posts, read 207,902 times

Advertisements

Nice to know that a judge will sometimes actually look at the evidence and judge it on its merits.

Even in a tiny election like this one.

=============

Judge Orders Election Do-Over after 78% of Mail-in Ballots Proved Fraudulent — Notary Arrested

by Jim Hoft
Published March 3, 2021 at 4:30pm

In the sixty-four-page order, Judge Jeff Weill not only calls for a new election but also finds evidence of fraud and criminal activity, in how absentee ballots were handled, how votes were counted, and the actions by some at the polling place.

In his ruling, the judge said that sixty-six of eighty-four absentee ballots cast in the June runoff were not valid and should never have been counted. Nicholas Holliday was declared the winner by a 37 vote margin. Robert Devaull challenged the results in court.

Judge Weill found many irregularities with absentee ballots. He issued a bench warrant for notary Dallas Jones, who notarized absentee ballots. During a hearing, Jones admitted violating notary duties.

“When you have an absentee ballot, there’s an envelope, you vote, fold the ballot, put it in an envelope, lick the flap, sign across the flap, then notary signs your election certificate, she testified that she didn’t sign in front of anybody, didn’t see anybody sign it, she just notarized it, just stamped them,” said Lydia Quarles, attorney for Robert Devaull.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...tary-arrested/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 04:52 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Oh, a lot of judges looked at the evidence presented to them as part of the original complaint. You can read the actual court documents online. I mean, you have to provide something to attempt to show that there is even a case at all. They also often discussed the evidence in their opinion (ruling) and/or pointed out how little evidence they were given. But the lie persists that no judges looked at any evidence. It's so tiring.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:54 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,918,690 times
The few cases of fraud in elections have come to light in court. Cases of fraud tend to be in smaller elections, due to less eyes on them compared to national elections.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:03 PM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times
Another 'free and fair' election. Mail in ballots need to be banned.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Whole states, including red Utah, successfully vote by mail. Look into making sure it's more secure perhaps, but a complete ban is asinine. This is one of the things I now despise the most about Trump...he has managed to convince so many people of the election fraud lie.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:19 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times
Quote:
Mail in ballots do not need to be banned. I've voted in most elections with mail in ballots and it hasn't been an issue. I didn't use a mail-in this year.

Given the record of successful legitimate elections, it wouldn't make sense to make a decision off of this small one that had fraudulent votes.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Mail in ballots do not need to be banned. I've voted in most elections with mail in ballots and it hasn't been an issue. I didn't use a mail-in this year.

Given the record of successful legitimate elections, it wouldn't make sense to make a decision off of this small one that had fraudulent votes.
Same here in my very red state. I decided to vote in person this year since so much fuss was being made about mail in ballots.

Many of my republican friends continued to vote by mail.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:26 PM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Whole states, including red Utah, successfully vote by mail. Look into making sure it's more secure perhaps, but a complete ban is asinine. This is one of the things I now despise the most about Trump...he has managed to convince so many people of the election fraud lie.
Sure buddy. Just believe what you want. Sunshine and puppies...

Report: Upward of 10,000 by-mail ballots unaccounted for in Utah
https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...pward-by-mail/

Old 03-03-2021, 05:33 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Same here in my very red state. I decided to vote in person this year since so much fuss was being made about mail in ballots.

Many of my republican friends continued to vote by mail.
Voting by mail is quite common. It's the only way to vote when you're away from your home state.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Sure buddy. Just believe what you want. Sunshine and puppies...

Report: Upward of 10,000 by-mail ballots unaccounted for in Utah
https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...pward-by-mail/
Mm hmm and from that article:

Quote:
“We employed extraordinary measures to deliver ballots directly to local boards of elections,” the Postal Service said in a written statement to The Salt Lake Tribune. “When this occurs, by design, these ballots bypass certain processing operations and do not receive a final scan. Instead, they are expedited directly to the boards of elections.”

The Postal Service, which had indicated the number of ballots that were unaccounted for in a court filing this week, said it remains in “close contact” with state and local election officials and does “not currently have any open issues.” The Postal Inspection Service has also physically inspected all plants that process ballots, the statement said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies