Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 04:12 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
you mean the same bill that was introduced in 2019?

https://www.kaine.senate.gov/press-r...ulf--iraq-wars

For a decade or so, a lot of people on both sides have wanted to end that carve out which justified the Iraq invasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 04:31 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,278,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Are you talking about the democrats who claimed fraud since 2016?
I may agree that some Democrats claimed fraud, no one I know, but definitely not in the scale, by a longshot, of Trump led misinformation.

Old 03-04-2021, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
The kind of people with no integrity are in the party of china joey and harris, you know, the kind who like to fix ballots.
You say that, but there is no proof. Wishful thinking?

Old 03-04-2021, 04:38 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
For a decade or so, a lot of people on both sides have wanted to end that carve out which justified the Iraq invasion.
yes, exactly, I could have found other examples as well.

Congressional Democrats are consistent about wanting to end the AUMF whether it's been a Democratic or Republican president. In other words, the premise of this this thread is total BS to claim this has anything to do with a lack of confidence in Joe Biden personally

Old 03-04-2021, 04:44 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ryan View Post
Who is "sleepy Joe?"
You know. Sleepy Joe, China Joe, shoot your gun in the air Joe, grope and sniff Joe, village idiot Joe. All names that absolutely fit our current Potus.

Back on topic. I was never a fan of Presidents having War powers. It makes it way to easy to put our troops into harms way, as well as spend millions in tax dollars without true representation.

I dislike Joe Biden for a few reasons. He is an unabashed pervert. No dad with daughters would let the man near them.

I dislike his village idiot routine, that might be ok for a town mayor, but certainly not the POTUS.

That said, I do like that the man can speak without sounding like a petulant 9 year old child. I like that he doesn't qualify virtually every statement with insults or negativity. I like that the man does have the ability to reach across the aisle. To be honest Biden was known for being at least semi-reasonable as a senator.

Trump was hammered by the media and the left, but he wasn't always wrong or nearly as wrong as they made him out to be. He just couldn't deliver his message without sounding like a complete ass. Imagine if he had at least tried to be civil say 50% of the time? I was very uncomfortable with him having War powers. Not that he used them excessively, but because of his temperament I worried. Sort of like a dog that growls a lot and snaps at people walking by. Even though it hasn't bitten anyone yet, you would be very uncomfortable allowing that dog to roam off a leash.

Biden is the perfect president for congress to revoke the war powers. He will roll with it.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:13 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werone View Post
You say that, but there is no proof. Wishful thinking?
Again:
The swamp investigated itself, and found no problems.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Again:
The swamp investigated itself, and found no problems.
What your saying is that all the people involved in elections are lying, the federal court is lying, the volunteers are lying, all the election officials in every state (well only in states that Trump lost) are lying, the systems operators are lying, the entire United States is set up to lie, except Trump. He's telling the truth. The election is rigged.

Does that make any sense?

Old 03-05-2021, 08:36 AM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
First you say he was "voted into office" and then that it was a "stolen election".

WHICH is it? BDS?
I'll answer this. Stolen election.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:42 AM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Good.

No President should have war powers.
Yes, Biden showed us that within two month of being POTUS.

Quote:
Senators proposed the measure amid bipartisan anger over Biden’s decision to launch retaliatory airstrikes against Iran-backed militia groups in Syria last week without first seeking congressional approval.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ongress-473843

Old 03-05-2021, 10:51 AM

2,871 posts, read 1,150,103 times
Good. Somebody best reel this senile old boob in.
He's poking the bear, and it could turn ugly real fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies