Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 03:26 PM

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
You do realize there are homeless in San Diego as well or do you just not get out of La Jolla? They are easier on the eye because they look like beach bum surfer scamps...
The last time I was in San Diego was 5 years ago, and I don't recall seeing an overabundance of homeless people at that time. I don't know if San Diego has been hit by the surge in homelessness like Los Angeles and San Francisco and Portland and Seattle seem to have, but it wouldn't surprise me if it had. I don't know what happened out on the Left Coast, but it sure seems like a far worse problem now than it did just a few years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 05:35 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
What is the point of all these gratuitous drive-by geographical comparisons from the OP? The erroneous assumptions behind them are quickly taken apart.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:14 PM

10,464 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Portland looks deserted also. An extremely toxic culture with some hyper-pretentious elites and a massive desperate underclass in close proximity.

Portland seems like it might be have a nice bohemian city in the 70s, but those days are long gone thanks to the Democratic party and the transition from moderate to bizzare.

City of Portland which bows to radical organizations like Antifa, "Kamala Harris" party, Democrats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfdsHsFPsZs

President Trump voting overwhelmingly Republican and very diverse Bismarck.

Interesting, how much of a wholesome family environment Bismarck, ND is compared to Democratic Portland.
'
Two minute video of a mother and daughter enjoying spotless, family-oriented, Republican Bismarck.

Amazing, how there is absolutely zero litter anywhere in their vacation video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7oLVAkjcag
Where else are they going to pack all the democrat voters to make sure the state stays blue? They made regulations and taxes so high nobody can afford to build new homes/apartments, so this is the next best thing they can do.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:15 PM

10,464 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
So is this a contest? I don't have any pictures of Boston but it's a rich and beautiful city. Its suburbs are prosperous and leafy. The Boston museums and hospitals are some of the best in the world and Boston Symphony Orchestra is world known.

And it's not just Boston and its environs. The beautiful and historic cities and towns extend up and down the MA coastline. Then there's Cape Cod and the islands of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. None of them are trashed and believe it or not, the state is very blue.

I don't know anything about Portland, Oregon. Maybe they had a good idea that went too far. Maybe Antifa (not the Democrats) wrecked it. Portland, Maine is a great place though. Probably Democratic.
Could be because Boston is still run by elders and traditionalists (like most of New England) while Portland is being run by bratty kids.

Last edited by in_newengland; 03-06-2021 at 03:15 PM..

Old 03-05-2021, 06:21 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Could be because Boston is still run by elders and traditionalists (like most of New England) while Portland is being run by bratty kids.
LOL this was a ridiculous statement. There is little to no difference in the kinds of people who govern both cities. I would even argue that Boston is more liberal than Portland.

The mayor of Portland even used to be a republican.

Whereas the current (soon to be ex) mayor of Boston used to be a labor union executive.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:26 PM

Rather than the OP's cherry-picked scenes, here is a 4+ hour video of a walk through downtown Portland, taken last spring. Looks pretty normal to me.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:45 PM

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Rather than the OP's cherry-picked scenes, here is a 4+ hour video of a walk through downtown Portland, taken last spring. Looks pretty normal to me.

According to one of the comments on this video, it was filmed in April 2019. This was about a year before the COVID shutdowns and the riots, so I would venture to guess that Portland looks different now than it did back then. I don't feel like giving 4.5 hours of my life to tour the city, so I don't know if it shows any homeless tents or not. But are the OP's videos showing boarded up windows, graffiti, barricades, and tons of tents inaccurate?

Old 03-05-2021, 09:55 PM

4,668 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

It was not taken last spring.

Old 03-05-2021, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
It was not taken last spring.
The date of the video is actually Sep 26, 2020. But you can tell from the video it looks like it was taken in maybe March or early April.

Old 03-05-2021, 10:07 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
'
Two minute video of a mother and daughter enjoying spotless, family-oriented, Republican Bismarck.

Amazing, how there is absolutely zero litter anywhere in their vacation video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7oLVAkjcag
Could be because there are zero people there too. Looks deserted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies