Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 02:25 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times

Advertisements

Another ad from the North Dakota Office of Tourism.

or:

Blue Urban hellhole

Red Rural paradise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2021, 03:11 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Another ad from the North Dakota Office of Tourism
I wish the OP would just admit that he likes places where white people live.

Old 03-06-2021, 03:13 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I wish the OP would just admit that he likes places where white people live.
Maybe he likes cows better than people.

Old 03-06-2021, 03:49 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
LOL, even so - so what? It's 2 years old instead of 1 year old. Like that's going to make a huge difference.
The OP's video showed boarded up storefronts, concrete barricades and fences around public buildings, and long rows of tents along the sidewalks, presumably occupied by homeless individuals. Did this video show what at least some portion of Portland is like today, or did it not? How much of Portland looks like the OP's video, versus how much of it looks like the pictures you've been sharing?

Old 03-06-2021, 03:49 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
My best friend now lives in Vancouver, Washington and he would not agree with what you assert
Assert with what Vancouver, or Portland? If its Portland that picture says it all.

Old 03-06-2021, 03:54 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
The OP's video showed boarded up storefronts, concrete barricades and fences around public buildings, and long rows of tents along the sidewalks, presumably occupied by homeless individuals. Did this video show what at least some portion of Portland is like today, or did it not? How much of Portland looks like the OP's video, versus how much of it looks like the pictures you've been sharing?
The video I showed even has some homeless people in it. After all it's only 2 years old! It's not like a city can go from 1st world paradise to 3rd world craphole in just 2 years.

As for the boarded up storefronts, no, since the riots last year would not show up in a video from 2019, obviously they aren't going to be in that video. But probably in a year or two they'll all be fixed and it will look like 2019 again.

Old 03-06-2021, 03:58 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Assert with what Vancouver, or Portland? If its Portland that picture says it all.
Vancouver is a Portland suburb, and he goes into Portland regularly

Old 03-06-2021, 03:59 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
So is this a contest? I don't have any pictures of Boston but it's a rich and beautiful city. Its suburbs are prosperous and leafy. The Boston museums and hospitals are some of the best in the world and Boston Symphony Orchestra is world known.

And it's not just Boston and its environs. The beautiful and historic cities and towns extend up and down the MA coastline. Then there's Cape Cod and the islands of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. None of them are trashed and believe it or not, the state is very blue.

I don't know anything about Portland, Oregon. Maybe they had a good idea that went too far. Maybe Antifa (not the Democrats) wrecked it. Portland, Maine is a great place though. Probably Democratic.
Don't like hearing about the plethora of Democrat cities that are dumps like Portland? Boston has its bad parts as does NYC, Philly, Baltimore, DC, Atlanta, etc so it is just not here in the West. Denver has changed for the worse since I have been here, especially in the last few years.

Yes, it is a contest among Democrat cities for the race to the BOTTOM.

Old 03-06-2021, 04:03 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
I drive through rural West Virginia on occasion. Portland looks wonderful compared to the poverty there, if the goal is now to try and compare completely different locations.
I don't think anyone would argue with you. I never hear anyone say WV is some meca of wealth. Everyone knows it is rough around the edges. The difference is with how much praise Portland gets from the left and the progressive hippies, when their polices have turned it into a turd of a city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies