Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2021, 07:45 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
It is interesting that some people expect all Americans to have the same family upbringing and the same influences in their lives.

The pull themselves up by their own bootstrap advocates never experienced a mentally ill family.

Just kick em while they are down.
If what you said is correct, certain people should not be allowed to have children as they would inadvertently put their children in danger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
If the workplace was a meritocracy. Sure. Unfortunately it isn’t. You probably won’t get laid off if you do well. But “rocketing up the chain?” Those positions are generally reserved for friends, relatives, sycophants, rear end kissers etc. there is plenty of lazy worthless executives and managers who shouldn’t be In their positions. Thousands
You don’t sound like you have ever worked more than a day.

Old 03-05-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Not everyone can become an astronaut, poor or otherwise.

Total thread fail.
Reread the post.

Your reading comprehension is a total failure!

Old 03-05-2021, 07:48 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
She is physically attractive. If she had been ugly things probably wouldn't have gone so well for her.

Old 03-05-2021, 07:50 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,557,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You don’t sound like you have ever worked more than a day.
That's pretty condescending.

Everyone knows in many corporate environments, it's who you know that gets you a place at the top table. At my place of work we had a new CEO come in, he replaced all executives with colleagues he'd worked with at previous companies. They didn't have to interview, they were just appointed because he knew them. This isn't uncommon.

Then when he failed as CEO he and his friends all got huge payouts to leave, onto the next job I suppose.

Old 03-05-2021, 07:51 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This is the dumbest argument I've heard in a while.

Why do you think our government is building roads? If it's up to those poor red state rednecks to build their own roads, they'd still be stuck living in the 18th century chopping firewood and hunting for a living.

Not sure why you think the Republicans in red states are poor. It's the Democrats in all states that are the majority of the poor. Democrats earn less than Republicans. Just look at the past several federal election cycles' exit polls. Here's the one from 2020:

By income:
Under $50,000: +11 Democrat
Over $100,000: +12 Republican

Source: National Election Pool/Edison Research

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...president.html

More info:

Quote:
"An individual’s likelihood of being a Democrat decreases with every additional dollar he or she earns. Democrats have a huge advantage (63 percent) with voters earning less than $15,000 per year. This advantage carries forward for individuals earning up to $50,000 per year, and then turns in the Republicans’ favor — with just 36 percent of individuals earning more than $200,000 per year supporting Democrats.

Interestingly, the median household income in the United States is $49,777 — right near the point where the Democratic advantage disappears and the Republicans take over.

About half of Democrats express satisfaction with their personal financial situation, compared with 61 percent of Republicans and 52 percent of Independents."
The Economic Demographics of Democrats

Old 03-05-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Again with the white privilege?? I swear, you self-loathing whites will be the death of this country.

Are you telling me that blacks can’t use birth control, finish high school, and enroll in a vocational training program (at the minimum)? I think they can. If you feel they are less capable, well.....that’s in you.

Again, for the people in the back:

1. Don’t f**k without using birth control.
2. Finish high school.
3. Get some vocational training.
Also, live below their means.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 03-05-2021 at 08:38 AM..

Old 03-05-2021, 08:27 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Wrong. I mentioned luck in a previous post, but I’m actually quite successful. First, I was lucky to be born in the USA, the land of opportunity and of affluence. Second, I was lucky to be born white. Yes, I recognize that I benefited from white privilege.
You really think we Black Americans aren't lucky to be born in America?

America is 13% black, around 44 million black Americas, it is the ONLY developed country on earth with a 13% black population.

The most educated demographic in America are.... AFRICAN immigrants.

If you are born black, America is the only country where you want to be. Other countries either don't want blacks or are not developed.

So yeah, black Americans are most certainly the "white people lottery winners" of the African diaspora and I will NOT apologize for being born in this country when the alternative was Africa or being dropped off in Haiti, Cuba, or Brazil.

I will gladly accept your reparations for your white guilt though.

Last edited by Rocko20; 03-05-2021 at 08:35 AM..

Old 03-05-2021, 08:30 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
If what you said is correct, certain people should not be allowed to have children as they would inadvertently put their children in danger.
That was her thought. But in this country we let em as many as they want.

I supported what we did in the olden days. One kid gets you welfare. You have any more, you get a Mississippi appendectomy. I kid, but that government program that helped people buy houses included many hours of training on how to take care of the house. Why can't childcare instruction be included with aid.

And I still think the fastest route to poverty is single moms. DD did some instruction on self awareness and what to look for in a mate. Stability instead of lust sort of stuff.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
The government shouldn’t be building roads. Roads long existed before there was a government.

The people will build roads if they want to.

Your analogy is a total failure.
OT- Several states have sold 50-100 year tolling rights to roads, bridges and tunnels. The state gets upfront cash. The buyers acquire the right to impose/ collect tolls and maintain the infrastructure.

The highest bidders tend to be foreign investor groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies