Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 08:06 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I live in the St. Louis area, so I can only speak for St. Louis. The chemicals were sprayed over Pruitt-Igoe, a low income apartment complex, with mostly black people. The experiments happened in the 50's and 60's. Certainly my lifetime.

Sure...please find information of experiments done on white people, as a group. As a group, and without their consent.

Oh...and the Tuskegee experiments didn't end until 1972. A 40 YEAR experiment.

I graduated from high school in 1975...so yeah, within my lifetime, my parents' lifetime, and my grandparents lifetime.

In the late 60's child welfare workers were taking children from Indian reservations and adopting them out to white families. Hirsch’s research found that somewhere between 25 and 35 percent of all American Indian children had been placed in adoptive homes, foster homes or institutions. Around 90 percent of those children were being raised by non-Indians. Many would never see their biological families again.
https://imprintnews.org/child-welfar...fare-act/32431
I didnt say black people or Natives were not experimented on or abused by the government. I said so were white people. I live near Oak Ridge-Manhattan project ring a bell. The military did several experiments on people of all color; mustard gas, Operation Sea Spray. My uncle fell ill and died after being sent by Uncle Sam to clean up an area used for atomic bomb testing. Black people aren't special when it comes to being screwed by the government and have no more reason to fear than anyone else.

Because bad stuff happened to some black people in your lifetime means you should be fearful of the medical field or any benign volunteer testing. That is irrational.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2021, 08:08 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
UMMM, the Tuskegee Study didnt end until 1972. The last participant died in like 2006.

And by the way, those werent the only ones, those are just the well known ones.
And you dont think experimentations were ever done on white people, or Asians?

Old 03-08-2021, 01:26 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Uhm.... I don’t know how to break this to them, but it isn’t because the researchers look or don’t like them. It’s because most people of color don’t want to give up DNA because they don’t trust that the DNA will only be used for its intended purpose. Hearing stories of someone’s cousin Joe being arrested for a 12 year old murder because his cousin Sue Anne sent her DNA to 23 & Me kind of makes you pause a bit.
That could be true.
It could also be true that folks who aren't white have a much harder time finding a way to be tested.

It could be true that some diseases with a strong racial component, such as sickle-cell anemia, don't get enough testing because drug companies don't see profit potential in it yet.

There are a lot of widely different reasons why one group of humans would get the lion's share of a relatively rare thing.

I don't think it's any single thing that makes whites the most prevalent group to be tested. It's a big combination of factors that differ really a lot from one continent to another and one nation to another.

Old 03-08-2021, 07:59 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Uhm.... I don’t know how to break this to them, but it isn’t because the researchers look or don’t like them. It’s because most people of color don’t want to give up DNA because they don’t trust that the DNA will only be used for its intended purpose. Hearing stories of someone’s cousin Joe being arrested for a 12 year old murder because his cousin Sue Anne sent her DNA to 23 & Me kind of makes you pause a bit.
I paused but then thought what the heck? If cousin Joe committed murder he probably deserves to go to jail. Besides, my sister already donated her DNA so I figure cousin Joe’s going down whether I do mine or not.

Now I just have to worry if the government is going to build a clone army with our DNA. Sounds like a great movie anyway.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:00 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
I'm sure we're doing something wrong...

I have had fun with 23andme. In fact, my wife and I found out that she is a 3rd cousin to my ex-wife of 20 years. Apparently, I have a type.
Oh my. Who’d have thunk? It’s a small world after all.

Old 03-08-2021, 09:09 PM

3,646 posts, read 3,781,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
That could be true.
It could also be true that folks who aren't white have a much harder time finding a way to be tested.

Maybe they don't have internet! Or not know how to use it!!! (Or tv and phones)

joe - Is that you?

Old 03-08-2021, 09:09 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Damn those evil white people!
I am so sick of those white devils.

Old 03-08-2021, 10:32 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,424,534 times
Quote:
I follow true crime and its true, they have used the DNA databases for that reason. The couple cases I've heard of were against white people.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:02 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I see no reason to think time will help. Thanks to their woke teachers, children today will grow up more aggrieved, less trusting and less cooperative than any generation before them.
So, you should trust government entities and stop making conservative Reagan "scariest words.....im from the government and im here to help you " type post .

Glad we got to this point.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:03 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And you dont think experimentations were ever done on white people, or Asians?
Who said they werent ?

This thread however is about black people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies