Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 06:04 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,817 times

Advertisements

I know this is an article from the NY Post but I wonder if the chicken had come home to roost?
https://nypost.com/2021/03/03/michae...-20m-from-blm/

Quote:
The father of Michael Brown and other activists from Ferguson, Missouri, are demanding financial support from Black Lives Matter after the organization revealed it raised over $90 million last year.

Michael Brown Sr., whose son was fatally shot by a white police officer in August 2014, along with the other activists who helped propel the movement, want $20 million from the group to help their community.

“Where is all that money going?” Brown Sr. asked in a Tuesday press release from the International Black Freedom Alliance.
Is it far-fetched to think then BLM might have some off-shore accounts like the SPLC or spending that money elsewhere like that BLM leader did last September?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 08:10 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times
I'm not certain as to whether Michael Brown Sr. has any legal claim, but he asks a germane question.

Where's all that money going?

How many grants and scholarships for black high school graduates who need financial aid has BLM set up?

How many mentor/big brother/big sister programs has BLM created?

How many educational/informational/guidance programs (to tell teenagers unprotected sex can lead to pregnancies and result in STDs; to warn teenagers of the dangers of gang activity; to instruct teenagers that learning a trade can land them a lifelong career; to help teenagers learn basic life management skills such as time management and budgeting) has BLM created?

How many of the black-owned businesses which were ransacked by Antifa and thousands of low-class/underclass criminals has BLM offered to rebuild?

Until there are substantial answers to these questions, I will not change my conclusion that Black Lives Matter the organization is nothing more than a hypocritical racket and I will oppose it at all times.

Oh, and remember: 88% to 90% of black persons murdered in the U.S. every year in one-perpetrator/one-victim murders die because ANOTHER black person decided to kill. Unless and until BLM does a single thing to address this problem, it will remain clear as day that black lives do not matter to Black Lives Matter.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:11 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I know this is an article from the NY Post but I wonder if the chicken had come home to roost?

Is it far-fetched to think then BLM might have some off-shore accounts like the SPLC or spending that money elsewhere like that BLM leader did last September?
LOL - let these money grabbing losers fight it out

Old 03-05-2021, 08:11 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post

Wait.....so BLM isn't REALLY about black lives?

Color me surprised!

Old 03-05-2021, 08:17 AM

2,985 posts, read 1,749,653 times
I’ve got to laugh at all the ignorant leftists fools who supported/donated to this BLM outfit. What a time to be alive!

Old 03-05-2021, 08:35 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
I’ve got to laugh at all the ignorant leftists fools who supported/donated to this BLM outfit. What a time to be alive!
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Right here in my middle class neighborhood (and racially mixed, I'll add).... there are BLM signs dotting the landscape. Even after the summer of love riots and all of the violence that these people were responsible for -- the signs are still up.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:44 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Right here in my middle class neighborhood (and racially mixed, I'll add).... there are BLM signs dotting the landscape. Even after the summer of love riots and all of the violence that these people were responsible for -- the signs are still up.
It's the same near me, only it's upper-middle-class neighborhoods where houses range from $500m at the cheapest to well over $1m, and where there are barely any people who aren't white, Jewish, or Asian.

These people who virtue-signal from their ultra-safe neighborhoods from their extremely expensive houses have likely never had to deal with the underclass individuals which stress out police officers in certain parts of America. They idealize people as oppressed victims when the reality is far more complex and nuanced, and they are doubly hypocritical for the fact they would never allow their daughters and sons to date or to closely befriend people like Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin or George Floyd.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:53 AM

929 posts, read 304,244 times
Amazing, tearing down statues and monuments of past American Greatness , while building and naming Community Centers to honor the Thug Life.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:55 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
I'm not certain as to whether Michael Brown Sr. has any legal claim, but he asks a germane question.

Where's all that money going?

How many grants and scholarships for black high school graduates who need financial aid has BLM set up?

How many mentor/big brother/big sister programs has BLM created?

How many educational/informational/guidance programs (to tell teenagers unprotected sex can lead to pregnancies and result in STDs; to warn teenagers of the dangers of gang activity; to instruct teenagers that learning a trade can land them a lifelong career; to help teenagers learn basic life management skills such as time management and budgeting) has BLM created?

How many of the black-owned businesses which were ransacked by Antifa and thousands of low-class/underclass criminals has BLM offered to rebuild?

Until there are substantial answers to these questions, I will not change my conclusion that Black Lives Matter the organization is nothing more than a hypocritical racket and I will oppose it at all times.

Oh, and remember: 88% to 90% of black persons murdered in the U.S. every year in one-perpetrator/one-victim murders die because ANOTHER black person decided to kill. Unless and until BLM does a single thing to address this problem, it will remain clear as day that black lives do not matter to Black Lives Matter.
Good post.

Saved me some typing.

Old 03-05-2021, 10:22 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Really? Your neighbors still think black lives matter? They still think that blacks should be treated fairly by the police? How crazy of them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies