Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 11:13 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,526,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
According to some here, China Joe can be solely responsible for the rise in gas prices but have nothing to do with job growth.

Hmmm.
i typically don't credit presidents for economic results, especially in the short term.

however, I do believe that trump's corporate tax cuts did spur growth but at the expense of increasing the deficit which is not a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What is to deny ? The economy was great pre Covid, and if it can gain momentum and climb back up , awesome.
Although, I'm not really a GOPer....Voted for Trump twice, now, I'm sort of lost. Both parties just plain suck.
except it wasn't great pre-covid.
in fact, it was about to collapse right before covid struck but of course the fed bailed the banks out once again.

Old 03-05-2021, 11:20 AM

39,082 posts, read 51,266,875 times
Quote:
What is to deny ? The economy was great pre Covid, and if it can gain momentum and climb back up , awesome.
Although, I'm not really a GOPer....Voted for Trump twice, now, I'm sort of lost. Both parties just plain suck.
The Atlanta fed was predicting a Q1 GDP of near or less than 1% and most economists were also expecting a mild recession this time last year before the pandemic hit. So, no, the economy was not great. Now, the Atlanta fed is predicting 10%, that's right 10%, Q1 growth and greater than 6% for the whole of 2021. That is on par with what China is predicting and a number not seen in the US in decades. Many are calling it the Biden Boom.

Old 03-05-2021, 11:27 AM

29,511 posts, read 14,679,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
except it wasn't great pre-covid.
in fact, it was about to collapse right before covid struck but of course the fed bailed the banks out once again.
Right...of course it was.
If it was that bad, why didn't it completely crumble after the pandemic hit ? I'm no expert on the subject, but my wife does have over 30 years in wealth management, and her and her colleagues have a different opinion that you do. The last 4 years have been exceptional for my wife and the company she works for.

My profession is a little different, we focus on what consumers will be buying 3 years ahead of the current year. We've been throwing money at new product development. This generally doesn't happen when tough times are ahead, it's been going strong since roughly 2013 with a 6 month pause once the pandemic hit.

I have many friends that own small businesses. Again, they've had an exceptional 4 years, and didn't see anything drop, even after the pandemic hit.

So, sorry I don't see it your way.

Old 03-05-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Right...of course it was.
If it was that bad, why didn't it completely crumble after the pandemic hit ? I'm no expert on the subject, but my wife does have over 30 years in wealth management, and her and her colleagues have a different opinion that you do. The last 4 years have been exceptional for my wife and the company she works for.

My profession is a little different, we focus on what consumers will be buying 3 years ahead of the current year. We've been throwing money at new product development. This generally doesn't happen when tough times are ahead, it's been going strong since roughly 2013 with a 6 month pause once the pandemic hit.

I have many friends that own small businesses. Again, they've had an exceptional 4 years, and didn't see anything drop, even after the pandemic hit.

So, sorry I don't see it your way.
oh, i dunno. maybe because of record TRILLIONS of dollars of stimuli? maybe? just maybe?? perhaps?? per chance?? possibly???

Old 03-05-2021, 11:31 AM

24,504 posts, read 17,260,237 times
Wait a minute. For years as the economy grew under Trump we were told it was due to Obama and now a few months into the Biden admin he is responsible for job growth and the rising economy?

I'm almost starting to understand the Lefty thought process. We are to disregard everything that happened from 2016 to 2020 unless it is bad and the good is credited to Obama and now Biden. Ok got it.

Old 03-05-2021, 11:37 AM

3,277 posts, read 1,754,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Yep, Trump did the real WORK with the vaccines. Passing them out hardly counts.

Warp speed ! Make it so. </ Picard>

Old 03-05-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
oh, i dunno. maybe because of record TRILLIONS of dollars of stimuli? maybe? just maybe??
The first round of stimulus checks didn't go out until April of 2020...what about the previous years ?

Whatever. Consumers are pouring money into the economy. Houses, cars, boats, RV's, ATV's, snowmobiles, etc are selling and in some cases selling out. Many trades are backed up months for work. We just had an electrician do a quote for us, he's 8 weeks behind. And said they've been turning down work. I've heard the same story from many other contractors.

Again, it's hard for me to comprehend that the economy was on shaky ground or that we didn't even had a strong one, when I see all this. Now I am concerned with the future of the economy , as I always am when we see a party change. I hope this administration can keep the status quo or improve it. Finding an end to this pandemic will certainly help.

Old 03-05-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Wait a minute. For years as the economy grew under Trump we were told it was due to Obama and now a few months into the Biden admin he is responsible for job growth and the rising economy?

I'm almost starting to understand the Lefty thought process. We are to disregard everything that happened from 2016 to 2020 unless it is bad and the good is credited to Obama and now Biden. Ok got it.
Pretty much this.

Old 03-05-2021, 11:41 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,373,552 times
Recovering from a pandemic is recovering from a pandemic, and that is strictly from states opening up, something sleepy demented Biden is against.

Based on policy, Biden has destroyed more jobs than he's created, unless you count the bus driver jobs to haul diseased illegals around the country.

Ask the pipeline workers or anyone else in the energy sector what they think of stumbling mumbling Biden's job policies. The next job Biden creates will be the first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies