Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 07:44 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,209,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Read that last line. Based on when he had Covid he would have gotten his vaccine after January 6th, he rightfully was pretty much persona non grata at that time. He would have been accused of doing it to get in the news or to counteract the bad publicity. His pariah status at the time made him being a role model an impossibility. I can just see now, a whole new group of people refusing to get the vaccine because that traitor was telling them to get it or some of his followers digging their heels in deeper against the vaccine because they would be convinced the deep state made him get it as punishment. You know both of those are legitimate possibilities.
When has Trump ever been afraid to be in the news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2021, 07:46 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
TDS is still real.
And it`s still the one and only defense of trump. Scream TDS and run away. Got anything new or less dumb?

Old 03-06-2021, 08:06 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Trump and family were infected in early April.

He was the sitting POTUS at the time inoculation occurred and as such, is in a position to receive the best medical advise. There is no certainty about the duration of immunity from a prior infection. Viruses mutate because that is what viruses do. Having been infected with one variant does not protect one from other aggressive variants.

Imagine the reason this was done quietly is because Trump previously said he would not jump the line before the most vulnerable and healthcare professionals.

Note: Trump Admin put themselves and all Congress critters and staffs, regardless of age or health before that of the general public including the most vulnerable and front line healthcare professionals.

I recall back in late December, one talking head attempting to rationalize this when he attempted to make an analogy to oxygen masks, where people are instructed to put on their own mast before tending to their children’s masks.

Old 03-06-2021, 08:07 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
When has Trump ever been afraid to be in the news?
He got the vaccine January 20th, he would not be the president anymore the next day, regardless. At the time he was less than 24 hours from being Private Citizen Trump. Keep in mind, he had been impeached the week before and the Senate had just resumed the day before. Trump at the time was not up to his normal publicity shenanigans. Besides, it’s not like he could tweet or post on Facebook himself getting the shot, now could he? The only way him getting a vaccine was getting reported was if some news media outlet decided to report it. I guarantee some in the media knew at the time, but why would they report it? He was basically in the anti-role model category, even his followers were vilified so it’s not like there was great concern their wellbeing, and there was oodles of better, more charged news to report on.

I am going to say it again, Trump has done plenty of stuff for you to trash him over, there is no need to try and create stuff to be outraged over.

Old 03-06-2021, 08:10 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump and family were infected in early April.

He was the sitting POTUS at the time inoculation occurred and as such, is in a position to receive the best medical advise. There is no certainty about the duration of immunity from a prior infection. Viruses mutate because that is what viruses do. Having been infected with one variant does not protect one from other aggressive variants.

Imagine the reason this was done quietly is because Trump previously said he would not jump the line before the most vulnerable and healthcare professionals.

Note: Trump Admin put themselves and all Congress critters and staffs, regardless of age or health before that of the general public including the most vulnerable and front line healthcare professionals.

I recall back in late December, one talking head attempting to rationalize this when he attempted to make an analogy to oxygen masks, where people are instructed to put on their own mast before tending to their children’s masks.
And the Congress critters of BOTH parties hopped right in that early line, including a healthy 31-year old young lady who made it a publicity stunt, as did the healthy 56-year old future VP.

Old 03-06-2021, 10:24 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Quote:
TDS is still real.
So is the flip side of the coin that denies reality in favor of feelings, looks the other way over flagrant corruption, and blindly follows dear leader with cult like devotion.

Hmm, which side of the coin are you on?
Trump receiving the Covid vaccination in private? No surprise there. What I can't understand is people not seeing him and his family not taking the vaccine with those other variants out there and reinfection a very real possibility.

I could see how sick he still was when he was gasping after walking up that long stair case. I'm sure he was terrified while he was in the hospital.

Old 03-06-2021, 10:25 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
TDS is still real.

^^^ Cancel Culture!!

The question is why trump hid getting vaccinated from the public.

Old 03-06-2021, 11:00 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,277,565 times
LOL @ anyone saying that Trump never called COVID a hoax

Quote:
"
Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that right? Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa. They can’t even count. No, they can’t. They can’t count their votes.

One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.’ That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was not a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it.And this is their new hoax."
Those are the actual words that left his mouth. He also admitted to "downplaying" the virus multiple times when he spoke ON THE RECORD (literally being recorded) in his interviews with Bob Woodward.
The fact that a former POTUS got the vaccine isn't the issue; it's the fact that he completely denied COVID was going to be an issue when he had ample opportunity to stress the messages of masks/social distancing, and then did whatever he could to downplay it because it was a political inconvenience.

This revisionist history the GOP keeps trying to write is NOT going to work. Some people may have forgotten a lot of the terrible things he said/did over the past 5 years, but most people are never going to forget how he botched COVID from day 1, caught it himself, made a ridiculous scene about it, and even gave it to his own wife and child.

Old 03-06-2021, 11:55 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
I believe the point is that had he gotten the vaccine in a public fashion, his ardent followers would relent and follow his lead.

OTOH, his getting the shot publicly would have been another example of his weakness as both President and as an individual which would turn off his base.
I think the point was to find "today's reason to criticize Trump for one thing, and claim thus he should be criticized for a related item, and thus denigrate anyone who voted for him."

And he didn't even get it right.

I'm not aware of any organized "Pro-Trump/anti-vax" group. You'd think the OP, and you, and others would be, and would share.

Old 03-06-2021, 12:01 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
He sure didn't go out of his way to publicize it.
That's not what you said.

He did tweet out, which is how you people claim his people paid attention to him - "get your shots". Those who move in lockstep to what he says surely saw that and if they were wavering, got their shots.

It's basically just as predicted when he first said that he thought the White House senior folks should wait to get the vaccine, to let the healthcare workers get it first. A "gesture"? Sure. Mildly unselfish at least, and thus contrary to the picture painted daily by people like you? Yes. Were some sure that even that he'd be criticized for? Yes.

And here you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies