Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 04:15 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky444 View Post
Pres. Trump formed and ran "Operation Warp Speed", which got govt restrictions and paperwork out of the faces of the companies developing the vaccines. As a result, we had several vaccines thoroughly tested, available and in full production in a year or less. And people are getting shots for them right now.

Would Biden have done that?

If vaccine companies were left to do it "the ordinary way", we would have had to wait at least 2-3 more years before we could start getting "Covid-19 shots".

At a rate of 500,000 Americans dying per year without vaccines, how many more Americans would have died before a Biden administration finally let a tested vaccine be distributed?

A million or more Americans, would have died.

For some reason the scoffers now in the White House never mention that little fact.
Operation warp speed was bundled from the start. The General in charge said so. A week before Trump handed the reigns to Biden his chief guy Azar said the vaccine supply was completed depleted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 04:18 PM

45,575 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Good point. If you're the one who burned down your house, maybe you shouldn't take credit for helping to fight the fire?
Do you know how insane you sound? ...as though Trump made the virus and sent it out? ...as though governors have no responsibility for the outcome in their state?

Trump did help facilitate companies speed up the process.

Simply insane.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 03-05-2021 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 03-05-2021, 04:19 PM

14,225 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
It'll be a lot more under the Fake President B1den. He's letting in the Illegals, who btw are carrying Covid.

What Say - Libs???

B1den is Pathetic. Where is the Pandemic??? Aren't we in one???
Good point.

Biden takes covid very seriously. So seriously that he allowed 25,000 migrants to enter the US from the southern border.

Old 03-05-2021, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetWater View Post
I'm talking about the influence that he has. If he encouraged it, and lead by example, they would follow.

You missed the perfect opportunity for MAGA masks. Like seriously that was a no-brainer.

"MAGA masks! We got the best masks! No one does it like we do!"
Speaking of masks, the hardest group to get hit with covid are black and Hispanic. Those two groups tend to vote democrats. Why do they get hit so hard if they wear masks

Old 03-05-2021, 04:23 PM

1,951 posts, read 700,005 times
I am not orange or sleepy fan. Sleepy's admin needs to find out why close to 150K death within this 1.5 month? The holiday season was over a long time ago, and I kept hearing the death rate was down.

P.S. Sleepy should just shut up on the vaccine front. It made him look so cheesy.

Old 03-05-2021, 04:24 PM

462 posts, read 207,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky444 View Post
Pres. Trump formed and ran "Operation Warp Speed", which got govt restrictions and paperwork out of the faces of the companies developing the vaccines. As a result, we had several vaccines thoroughly tested, available and in full production in a year or less. And people are getting shots for them right now.

Would Biden have done that?

If vaccine companies were left to do it "the ordinary way", we would have had to wait at least 2-3 more years before we could start getting "Covid-19 shots".

At a rate of 500,000 Americans dying per year without vaccines, how many more Americans would have died before a Biden administration finally let a tested vaccine be distributed?

A million or more Americans, would have died.

For some reason the scoffers now in the White House never mention that little fact.
Operation warp speed was bundled from the start. The General in charge said so. A week before Trump handed the reigns to Biden his chief guy Azar said the vaccine supply was completed depleted.
Oh, so waiting three years for a workable vaccine to be distributed, while an additional million or more Americans died from Coivd-19, is a better way to go in your opinion?

Please tell me you're not as insane as you sound.

Old 03-05-2021, 04:27 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Good point. If you're the one who burned down your house, maybe you shouldn't take credit for helping to fight the fire?
I appreciate the vaccine rollout started under Trump and that we were able to get the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines years earlier than we would have normally. However, it would have been much more effective if Trump hadn't fought his own rollout, and been more proactive in convincing Americans that they should get the vaccine. It also would have been much more effective had he not been so schizophrenic about the deadliness of this disease in the first place. I read in my state of TN that it's going to become more widely available as many are refusing to get it. That will be good for me since I'm not 65 yet. Their loss. However, because of that mentality I and many like me will still not be comfortable eating out, being in crowds, etc.

Old 03-05-2021, 04:28 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
He did what? Danced? Oh, the horror!!!!

Also, he is out in the open air, on stage, and nobody near him. Are you the kind of mask freak who wears mask while driving by yourself?

It looks to me like he might be tossing MAGA masks to the crowd. Who in the world would interpret that as not encouraging mask wearing. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????????

Old 03-05-2021, 04:28 PM

45,575 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Trump's fault?

Will @BrianStelter cover the study that proved 88% of COVID deaths were in areas with a high BMI index?

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...21765578645512

------------

90 percent of COVID deaths occur in countries with high obesity levels: study

Nearly 90 percent of coronavirus fatalities have occurred in countries with high obesity levels, according to researchers — who now want overweight people to be prioritized for vaccinations.

Death rates were 10 times higher in countries such as the US where at least 50 percent of the total population is overweight, according to a World Health Organization-backed study released Thursday by the World Obesity Federation.

Weight is now believed to be the second-biggest predictor of severe illness from the virus after age, according to the study, which represents medical professionals at 50 regional and national obesity associations.

Old 03-05-2021, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetWater View Post
More likely to have service jobs, more family in smaller households.
But I thought masks work?

And why are you assuming all blacks and Hispanics work in minimal jobs? That’s very racist of you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies