Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Seems to me 2020 was far more about personalities than policies.

Many states did a recount and then certified for Biden.

Despite record turnout for both 2020 candidates, nearly 1/3, 80 million +/- people eligible to vote did not.
But yet there has to be fraud because a Republican lost. A lot of this happened in 2018 when Senator Kirsten Sinema beat Matha McSally for the Sen. Jeff Flake seat. The turnout of mail-in ballots were reversed but Republicans want to stop the count so Martha could win. Now I hear the state is looking to limit mail-in ballots. Maybe I need to lawyer up based on 14th ammendment... I've done it since 2014 and it is easier than finding out where exactly I need to go for a polling location since not all are used in each election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2021, 09:00 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAngie View Post
Wasn't Trump the person who tried to do everything to overturn an election and stop the democratic process?
Republicans dare not go there. We all know where any claim like that goes and it is the backfire effect and they'll blame antifa.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:22 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
I wouldn't vote for Trump or any lackey who ever kissed his ring.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:22 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
YOU voted for Trump? Seriously?
Yes, twice. I am also a 2x Obama voter. And a 2x Bush voter before that.

I make up my mind in the voting booth.

Under Obama unemployment fell from 9.9 to 4.7. Trump claimed the numbers were wrong.

Trump inherited a substantially improving economy in 2017 and built on that momentum. Using the same methodologies as the Obama Admin, unemployment declined from 4.7 to 3.5 in 2019. Then came Covid.

I wanted to see how the Trump Admin was going to oversee the “ V- shaped recovery” as he projected.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:33 AM

2,385 posts, read 2,338,326 times
Nope. Voted for him in 2016, sat out in 2020 but endorsed him; I learned my lesson. He doesn't deserve another chance. He won't learn from his mistakes and he'll just appoint personnel that undermines his "agenda".

I'll likely sit out or vote 3rd party. Now if things get REAL bad and if the GOP somehow gets someone more competent who can embody real populism against their own will, I'll consider it.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:39 AM

14,927 posts, read 12,123,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatecake1977 View Post
If it was between President Trump and President Biden, I would vote for President Trump. If it was between Governor DeSantis and President Biden, I would vote for Governor DeSantis.
I probably vote for DeSantis over Trump at this point, but I don't believe they would be running against each other.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:41 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
He won't run again. He blamed losing on election fraud to save face. He won't take the chance to lose again

Old 03-06-2021, 09:42 AM

10,724 posts, read 4,333,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Or if it depends on whether he is independent candidate or GOP candidate ?
There is no chance of Trump running as an independent candidate, he already said.
I knew that before he said it anyway, because its impossible for an independent candidate to win, and we know Trump is here to win.

Old 03-06-2021, 12:25 PM

7,502 posts, read 4,346,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What if it's Romney?

I also would never vote for a Democrat, but I don't think I could vote for Romney.

That guy's a ****ing reptile!

(apologies to reptiles)
I agree with you 100% about Romney. But I had to vote for him as it was either him or Obama. Not voting was never an option for me. Neither was voting for a third party candidate. However Romney was my last choice in the Republican primary. I voted for Rick Perry. I'd even vote for Kasich who I also can't stand if it came down to that.

It's just that I despise and loathe the Democrat Party so much so that I'd vote for a cold festering lump of **** over any one of them.

The problem I have with a third party candidate winning is that you could have someone elected that only 34% supported while 66% would be opposed to if the 66% were split evenly.

Old 03-06-2021, 12:32 PM

17,602 posts, read 6,890,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I agree with you 100% about Romney. But I had to vote for him as it was either him or Obama. Not voting was never an option for me. Neither was voting for a third party candidate. However Romney was my last choice in the Republican primary. I voted for Rick Perry. I'd even vote for Kasich who I also can't stand if it came down to that.

It's just that I despise and loathe the Democrat Party so much so that I'd vote for a lump of **** over any one of them.

The problem I have with a third party candidate winning is that you could have someone elected that only 34% supported while 66% would be opposed to if the 66% were split evenly.
Romney ran as a conservative. We didn’t know he was what he is. Same thing with governor Larry hogan in my former state of Maryland. I will never vote for another Democrat again, but I also won’t vote for traitors like Romney and Hogan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies