Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 05:51 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times

Advertisements

1. Nominating a candidate who alienates more voters than those that support him.
2. Continuing to get a higher of percentage of your votes from geographic areas and demographic groups that are declining in % of eligible voters, while losing support among those that are growing.
3. Being identified as the party of Qanon conspiracies and fringe nut jobs.
4. Being identified as the party trying to limit access to voting for partisan purposes.

“The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our stars, but in ourselves”.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 03-06-2021 at 06:18 AM..

Old 03-06-2021, 05:52 AM

2,002 posts, read 761,141 times
The biggest obstacle for the republicans right now is traditional media and social media controlling the narrative.

Look at all the out right lies and half truths allowed to live and breath on social media platforms about Trump but other narratives are censored.

We have a current President who isn’t allowed to take a question, and the media is silent.

This week the Texas governor is bashed for opening up, 2 days later I read Newsome is ready to open up California and it’s the right thing to do.

I realize the majority of left live with their heads buried in the sand, but maybe they will wake up one day and end their blind allegiance.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:56 AM

10,097 posts, read 7,763,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
You like a president who is mentally chalenged? Do you like a running mate who was the first to dropout of the democrat primaries because she sucked? You like a presidential candidate who does not campaine? Do you like a presidential candidate who takes bribes from communist regimes? Do you like a candidate who stated that he put together the best voter fraud team together the world has ever seen? You like a president who has let thousands of illegals cross our southern borders? Do you like a president who surrounds our Capitol with thousands of military troops? Do you like a president who allows massive censorship akin to his--- voter fraud team----the likes never before seen in the US? I can go on and on about your China Joe.
I thank you also.

Old 03-06-2021, 06:02 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
win what? they can't even get a stimulus bill passed.

Old 03-06-2021, 06:03 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Mail In Voter Fraud, just like the last time.

Old 03-06-2021, 06:10 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
My guess is that is will be just like 2020 - several million more people will vote for the Democratic candidate.

Old 03-06-2021, 06:11 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
(I wanted to make this a poll but don’t know how. If someone could explain it to me, I’d appreciate it.)

If they win again, which of the following would have had the most impact?

1) Ballot harvesting due to massive mail-in ballots
2) Media brainwashing voters by hiding all the negatives the radical left is trying to push through (look at HR 1 as an example)
3) Media brainwashing voters by silencing conservative views and any opinions that dissent from the Leftist Narrative
4) Media and Democrats continuing the systemic racism lie and driving more contempt for whites, while successfully convincing voters that the R candidate is evil and incompetent (look at how they’re already trying to destroy DeSantis)

They BUY VOTES with programs which give people a pass on personal responsibility.

Last edited by Enough_Already; 03-06-2021 at 06:42 AM..

Old 03-06-2021, 06:12 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
(I wanted to make this a poll but don’t know how. If someone could explain it to me, I’d appreciate it.)

If they win again, which of the following would have had the most impact?

1) Ballot harvesting due to massive mail-in ballots
2) Media brainwashing voters by hiding all the negatives the radical left is trying to push through (look at HR 1 as an example)
3) Media brainwashing voters by silencing conservative views and any opinions that dissent from the Leftist Narrative
4) Media and Democrats continuing the systemic racism lie and driving more contempt for whites, while successfully convincing voters that the R candidate is evil and incompetent (look at how they’re already trying to destroy DeSantis)

I don't think they are going to win again. Their margins are razor thin in the House and Senate and lets not forget that the next election is not a Presidential election year, so no electoral college. It's all about local races and Senate seats, and the Republicans have a pretty good game in those areas.

The American public tends to go ditch-to-ditch with their presidents...Obama was largely a reaction to G.W. Bush, and Trump was certainly a reaction to Obama. Joe and Kamala are not impressing anyone right not, and probably won't. So, if the Republicans lose the next Presidential election, I choose 1) as the reason.

Old 03-06-2021, 06:12 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
1. Nominating a candidate who alienates more voters than those that support him.
2. Continuing to get a higher of percentage of your votes from geographic areas and demographic groups that are declining in % of eligible voters, while losing support among those that are growing.
3. Being identified as the party of Qanon conspiracies and fringe nut jobs.

“The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our stars, but in ourselves”.
Be thankful you know Shakespeare. Pretty soon, the libs will censor his works, too.

Old 03-06-2021, 06:17 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
If the Dems win again, what will be the main reason?

Trump, most likely. He will spoil it for the party like he always does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies