Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 05:57 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
But it does explain that it aint the welfare. Black women will have any easier time being liberalized sexually than white women. Blacks male/females afterall, have less incentive to follow the cultural norms of a society that has historically shunned them.
That's just wishful thinking. It is the welfare. The US Census used to track it before the consistent results became politically unpalatable. Women, as a group, who receive public assistance benefits have a 3 times higher birth rate than women who don't receive public assistance. Single Black women are highly disproportionately overrepresented on public assistance program rolls.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:26 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's just wishful thinking. It is the welfare. The US Census used to track it before the consistent results became politically unpalatable. Women, as a group, who receive public assistance benefits have a 3 times higher birth rate than women who don't receive public assistance. Single Black women are highly disproportionately overrepresented on public assistance program rolls.
I'll let you in on a secret, many of those "single mothers" have common law husbands. There were at least five in my neighborhood. Some of the couples stayed together for 30 years . Sometimes social workers know about it but can't prove it so they turn a blind eye because this occurs in places where black men can't find stable work that will support a family. Two men in my neighborhood were raising another man's family as a common law husband. The women were "single unwed mothers " on paper only.

Its called getting over. Hillbilly welfare cheats get over too. They take their food stamps and buy cases of soda from one Quick Trip and sell it to another Quick Trip for cash. Welfare, Hud, unemployment, disability, are just poor people's economy. IMO its commendable how people although not wealthy have learned to get over on the Government just like the rich do.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:34 AM

1,811 posts, read 901,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Can we please stop talking about blacks on plantations?

Sincerely, a white person who is tired of hearing about my supremacy and privilege, but also understands that this phrasing is derogatory. We’re intelligent enough to find other ways to express this idea.

I don’t disagree with your premise entirely, but real discussion means we need to treat each other better from the start.
So the truth offends you? It has always been the goal of the Democratic Party to keep the blacks on the plantation. Nothing has changed. It never will. Dems always want more public housing. What they don’t want is more black employment. If that happened they might be able to afford their own single family houses and thus be able to leave the plantation. The masters want to always keep them under their thumb.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:45 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
The thread title shows the failure of the American education system.

“This is how Liberals want Blacks on the Liberal Plantation Collecting Welfare Black Unemployment on the Rise.”

The OP’s focus is seriously misplaced.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Can we please stop talking about blacks on plantations?

Sincerely, a white person who is tired of hearing about my supremacy and privilege, but also understands that this phrasing is derogatory. We’re intelligent enough to find other ways to express this idea.

I don’t disagree with your premise entirely, but real discussion means we need to treat each other better from the start.
The reason people like him speak in that manner is because they are still mentally on plantations and wish that the U.S. was still that way. That is the culture they were raised with and the time they believe America was the greatest. Their purpose is to conjure up painful imagery for people whose ancestors were enslaved here because they are angry at all Black people have accomplished in a short time. They have zero morals and values.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:53 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I'll let you in on a secret, many of those "single mothers" have common law husbands. There were at least five in my neighborhood. Some of the couples stayed together for 30 years . Sometimes social workers know about it but can't prove it so they turn a blind eye because this occurs in places where black men can't find stable work that will support a family. Two men in my neighborhood were raising another man's family as a common law husband. The women were "single unwed mothers " on paper only.

Its called getting over. Hillbilly welfare cheats get over too. They take their food stamps and buy cases of soda from one Quick Trip and sell it to another Quick Trip for cash. Welfare, Hud, unemployment, disability, are just poor people's economy. IMO its commendable how people although not wealthy have learned to get over on the Government just like the rich do.
Not to the same extent. As I've already pointed out, Blacks are highly disproportionately overrepresented on public assistance program rolls.

How do the rich "get over" on the government when they pay the highest tax rates, and therefore the highest amount in taxes? Do you even realize what's going on? You can see it in this CRS chart (Figure 2 for those who don't know what they're supposed to be looking at):

See the income groups with the negative effective federal income tax rates (the light blue bars), some as negative as -15%? They're the ones paying no federal income tax and no payroll taxes as their negative effective federal income tax rate offsets any payroll taxes they may have paid throughout the year (and they get that refunded to them). Any income group that has a negative federal income tax rate below -7.65% pays neither type of taxes. And every income group up to $50,000 (near the US average income) has a negative effective federal income tax rate, offsetting (cancelling) some of their payroll taxes, as well.

To calculate an income group's total effective federal income tax and payroll tax rate, simply add the effective federal income tax rate plus the payroll tax rate.

Example: The $10,000 to $20,000 income group:

-14% + 7.65% = -6.35%

Not only does that group NOT pay any federal income tax NOR payroll taxes, they ALSO get a 6.35% of their reported annual earnings bonus check from the Fed Gov.

Thusly, 27% of all US 1040 filers pay neither federal income tax NOR payroll taxes. And then the Fed Gov PAYS many of those filers on top of that $0 Federeal Income and payroll taxes liability due to refundable tax credits available only to the low-income and middle class.

Incidentally, do you know WHY SS and Medicare running out of money? Because there are a lot of people who pay $0 into them, as the chart I posted shows, but will still be eligible for benefits, anyway.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetWater View Post
The plantation reference is actually pretty racist.
They are showing their colors. They revel in ignorant, uncouth behavior.

Old 03-07-2021, 08:29 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not to the same extent. As I've already pointed out, Blacks are highly disproportionately overrepresented on public assistance program rolls.

How do the rich "get over" on the government when they pay the highest tax rates, and therefore the highest amount in taxes? Do you even realize what's going on? You can see it in this CRS chart (Figure 2 for those who don't know what they're supposed to be looking at):

See the income groups with the negative effective federal income tax rates (the light blue bars), some as negative as -15%? They're the ones paying no federal income tax and no payroll taxes as their negative effective federal income tax rate offsets any payroll taxes they may have paid throughout the year (and they get that refunded to them). Any income group that has a negative federal income tax rate below -7.65% pays neither type of taxes. And every income group up to $50,000 (near the US average income) has a negative effective federal income tax rate, offsetting (cancelling) some of their payroll taxes, as well.

To calculate an income group's total effective federal income tax and payroll tax rate, simply add the effective federal income tax rate plus the payroll tax rate.

Example: The $10,000 to $20,000 income group:

-14% + 7.65% = -6.35%

Not only does that group NOT pay any federal income tax NOR payroll taxes, they ALSO get a 6.35% of their reported annual earnings bonus check from the Fed Gov.

Thusly, 27% of all US 1040 filers pay neither federal income tax NOR payroll taxes. And then the Fed Gov PAYS many of those filers on top of that $0 Federeal Income and payroll taxes liability due to refundable tax credits available only to the low-income and middle class.

Incidentally, do you know WHY SS and Medicare running out of money? Because there are a lot of people who pay $0 into them, as the chart I posted shows, but will still be eligible for benefits, anyway.

https://www.harvestpublicmedia.org/p...aid-recipients
Rural Americans Are Now The Largest Slice Of Federal Food Aid Recipients

Who lives in rural America? Instead of the hyper focus on black this or black that you could just as easily say people in urban America, People on reservations, and people in rural America are poor. Its where people live that make them poor. Nobody is ashamed of getting Government money no matter what form it comes in.
This isn't the olden days when pregnant single women were whisked off to some secluded place to either get an abortion or carry to term and give the baby up. The school district I graduated from had a school we called "mother high school." Now pregnant girls continue in the same school. Your charts can't show that.

The Wealthy buy tax laws that favor them through pollical contributions and lobbyist. I worked for a man who needed to show a $300,000 loss every year to keep from paying taxes on his wealth. A friend of his who had much more money than him (about 70 million) told me my boss needed to come up "a little short " every year.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 03-07-2021 at 08:44 AM..

Old 03-07-2021, 08:36 AM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetWater View Post
The plantation reference is actually pretty racist.
How so?

Old 03-07-2021, 08:38 AM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
https://www.harvestpublicmedia.org/p...aid-recipients
Rural Americans Are Now The Largest Slice Of Federal Food Aid Recipients

Who lives in rural America? Instead of the hyper focus on black this or black that you could just as easily say people in urban America, People on reservations, and people in rural America are poor. Its where people live that make them poor.

The Wealthy buy tax laws that favor them through pollical contributions and lobbyist. I worked for a man who needed to show a $300,000 loss every year to keep from paying taxes on his wealth. A friend of his who had much more money than him (about 70 million) told me my boss needed to come up "a little short " every year.
In reply to your article, yes..."most are white'....but as a percentage of their population, blacks get more government assistance. There are simply more whites than blacks. It's like saying whites commit more crimes. Well, yes, maybe because there are way more whites. But as a percentage of the total, blacks commit more crimes.

As far as your last comment, wealth is not taxed. Income is taxed so your comment makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies