Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2021, 01:54 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,438,068 times

Advertisements

America is a modern country, yet much of its population supports radical Islam.

Not Jihadi terrorism, just grassroots sunni fundamentalisms.

Since 1967 Americans interviewed on the street have called ISIS, Al Qaeda, the Taliban, etc. freedom fighters. Reagan compared them to America's founding fathers.

In Syria Americans hate Assad for protecting the Christian minority in his country and praise sunni radicals for fighting for liberation.

Educated well dressed Americans love radical Islamic fighters and hate the evil nationalist dictators who enforce ethnic acceptance.

In Libya, Syria, Iraq, and Lebanon American officials like John McCain meet with these radicals and praise their movements.

What is with this love affair between America and radical Islam?

Old 03-05-2021, 02:03 PM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
I consider myself a progressive and surprisingly my ideology has a lot in common with "radical" Islam.

- I believe in genital mutilation
- I believe menstruating women should be treated differently
- I believe strict regulations should be placed on the food we eat
- I believe our faces need to be covered indefinitely
- I believe that Western society is inferior to other societies

Old 03-05-2021, 02:44 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

Since 1967 Americans interviewed on the street have called ISIS, Al Qaeda, the Taliban, etc. freedom fighters. Reagan compared them to America's founding fathers.

In Syria Americans hate Assad for protecting the Christian minority in his country and praise sunni radicals for fighting for liberation.

Educated well dressed Americans love radical Islamic fighters and hate the evil nationalist dictators who enforce ethnic acceptance.

In Libya, Syria, Iraq, and Lebanon American officials like John McCain meet with these radicals and praise their movements.

You made this determination HOW?

Old 03-05-2021, 02:50 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
The enemy of our enemy is our friend.

Bin Laden was our "friend" when he was fighting the USSR. Monday morning quarterbacking maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

The fact is we have little business in the ME and generally people don't eff with you if you don't eff with them.

Old 03-05-2021, 02:52 PM

5,176 posts, read 4,951,032 times
It goes against everything "woke". I'd be okay with it being cancelled.

Old 03-05-2021, 02:57 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,753,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

ANY radicals, be they islamists or christians or trump supporters should at best be monitored ad at worst prosecuted. What radicalized people don't seem to get is that the line between their groupand other radicalized groups is a lot thinner than the line between their group and the majority of sane people who share their base beliefs.

Not every believer of Islam is a radicalized islamist.

Not every Christian is a religious nutjob who firebombs abortion clinic.

Not every Republican is a fear mongering hate speech lover of a failed game show host.

Old 03-05-2021, 03:02 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,445,464 times
Here is my take on all of this. The woke left in America hates 500 years of western global dominance from the Portuguese/spanish/Dutch/French/British empires which gave birth to many nations from that. The woke left also hates 200 years of Anglo Saxon global dominance with the British started with the defeat of napoleon, and with America at the end of world War 2. These events put English word at the top of the Heath in terms of science, culture, economics, academia and war. Tehy really hate this. Also the woke left live in relative safety in which they can joy their lifestyles which is pretty bougoussie. Once in a safe environment, you want more safety or safteyism. The woke left feels horrible that prior to the events of 1492. The Islamic world was dominant. It wasn't Rome or London as the center of the world, but it was Baghdad. Sadly it was not the white man who destroyed Baghdad. It was the asians of the far east that did. Sadly, radical Islam is homophobic. Also Islam has colorism which is practiced by many Muslims of a lighter hue vs dark skinned Muslims. Also in some forms of radical Islam's. Women must be submissive and obident to men. I'm not sure if radical Islam is compitabl with woke ideology.

Old 03-05-2021, 03:03 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,478 times
Radical Islam absolutely not.

They should dial it back, calm down, relax, redirect their energies into something more productive and try to adhere to the tenants of their book.

Old 03-05-2021, 03:27 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Source?

Old 03-06-2021, 12:33 PM

43,682 posts, read 44,425,236 times
No I don't support radical Islam or any radical group in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies