Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 06:32 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times

Advertisements

Even without covid China's human rights abuses (literally committing genocide among others) should be a rallying cry in the west to force them out of our economy and to isolate them until their government changes. We saw in the 20th century what happens when genocidal totalitarian regimes become empires. You can't play nice with people who literally have no problem killing their own people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2021, 06:59 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
The fading duopoly on power is the USA vs Russia. The rising duopoly on power is China vs India. China might wish to be world hegemon. They routinely use their massive population to get it done. Well, India has roughly the same population and is on pace to pass up China very soon as the most populous nation on earth. India has been booming and advancing at the same time as China.

For some reason, everyone touting the inevitable rise of China forgets to consider India and I've no idea why. (India + Japan + South Korea + Taiwan + USA + EU) > China. China can't become the unrivaled greatest power on earth unless nobody bothers to challenge their ascension.

Old 03-07-2021, 07:14 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,986,308 times
All you rich right wingers are more than welcome to throw you money at roads and bridges, infrastructure then since you're the ones with the money and you're the ones that send the jobs to China LOL.

Oh you won't? Then stop whining about "roads and bridges". Hell you want to pay as little as taxes as possible if anything yet still want to drive on everything with your bentleys and Cadillacs

Old 03-07-2021, 07:36 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Look at our roads, airports, bridges... its all in decay. 0 money spent to boost our infrastructure . Everything is falling apart. We spend all this money on stupid wars, bail outs, and other non-essential crap. Meanwhile our roads are falling apart.

China is already laying the foundation to be the center of trade for Africa, Asia, and Europe. Their belt and road initiative will be massive . It will concrete their dominance in the world.

Our phony debt consumer based economy is a total joke and is addicted to China's manufacturing might. The dollar cannot take much longer and I am preparing for its collapse sometime in this decade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belt_and_Road_Initiative
China is still behind us, but gaining quickly. They are about done with their massive in country industrialization/infrastructure and will be turning their economy more towards their people. No doubt their massive numbers of recently middle class consumers will be consuming, and over time China's economy will be more consumption based, as ours. And no doubt they will be accumulating massive consumer debt along the way. Debt should not be the problem there (or here). Fiat is not their limit or ours.

Both are and will continue to be potentially constrained by resources, and limited by productivity. Not by any numbers of Yuan or USD's.

Both should continue to succeed as the world and its economies grow moving forward. There is certainly room for both, and both currencies as reserve if China even chooses to take that route.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:49 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,987,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
China is still behind us, but gaining quickly. They are about done with their massive in country industrialization/infrastructure and will be turning their economy more towards their people. No doubt their massive numbers of recently middle class consumers will be consuming, and over time China's economy will be more consumption based, as ours. And no doubt they will be accumulating massive consumer debt along the way. Debt should not be the problem there (or here). Fiat is not their limit or ours.

Both are and will continue to be potentially constrained by resources, and limited by productivity. Not by any numbers of Yuan or USD's.

Both should continue to succeed as the world and its economies grow moving forward. There is certainly room for both, and both currencies as reserve if China even chooses to take that route.
They are not behind us. Go look at their infrastructure . Look at their manufacturing capacity. The only thing we have ahead is military capacity. You cannot fund a military if you are broke. They will choke us off , and we wont be able to fund the military. History shows us this.

They currently mine 90% of the worlds rare earth minerals. These are the future of EV and tech. We just opened up the MP materials mine here in the US but this is going to take years to start developing.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:23 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
They are not behind us. Go look at their infrastructure . Look at their manufacturing capacity. The only thing we have ahead is military capacity. You cannot fund a military if you are broke. They will choke us off , and we wont be able to fund the military. History shows us this.

They currently mine 90% of the worlds rare earth minerals. These are the future of EV and tech. We just opened up the MP materials mine here in the US but this is going to take years to start developing.
Rare earths are not so rare. But they are not easy and def not clean with extraction. I have high confidence that we will be pursuing more rare earths at home for national security sake. There is a huge mine just off of I-15 in Cali. that was recently reopened.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...arth-elements/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Pass_mine

If we have military needs, they can always be satisfied if we have the necessary resources, labor and productive capacity. We cannot go broke in doing so. There is no limit on USD numbers that can be created if there are serious national needs.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:28 PM

19,023 posts, read 14,201,797 times
You all got it wrong. It has been and shall be the "BANKERS' CENTURY" regardless of which country appears to have the most production.

Old 03-07-2021, 10:37 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,987,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Rare earths are not so rare. But they are not easy and def not clean with extraction. I have high confidence that we will be pursuing more rare earths at home for national security sake. There is a huge mine just off of I-15 in Cali. that was recently reopened.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...arth-elements/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Pass_mine

If we have military needs, they can always be satisfied if we have the necessary resources, labor and productive capacity. We cannot go broke in doing so. There is no limit on USD numbers that can be created if there are serious national needs.
Thanks for the link provided . I already referenced the mining company “mp materials” in my post . It’s the same one referenced in your link . The problem is that it takes 1-2 years to process anything extracted from that mine and that mine just came online after going bankrupt some time ago . Until then , the CCP controls the entire world supply of rate earth minerals . That’s means they have a complete head start on us and can appropriate those resources to themselves before exporting them .

Old 03-07-2021, 11:02 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Trump tried to reverse this exodus of jobs, technology, currency, etc. from here to China (and Mexico). Instead of helping him, you Leftist Democrats bitterly fought him, which made it more difficult for him to do it successfully.

Even with so much Democrat resistance, he was getting there but it takes time, which by electing Biden, you Leftists totally ended that reversal and now it’s right back to China gaining at our expense, while we go backwards again. At some point soon, it would be impossible to undo because China would be too rich, too powerful and us too poor and too weak to do anything about it.

We had one chance under Trump to keep China in check and we (thanks to the Left) blew it. They will be our overlords for the foreseeable future.

Americans are not used to be economic slaves to another country because we have been spoiled by our economic success the past century but that is coming to an end soon and we will learn our lesson soon enough.
Trump's suits and ties are made in China. Ivanka has trademarks in China. Why would Trump want to keep China in check when products made there are much cheaper. He would have to pay so much more for his suits if they were made here.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:52 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
They can’t even drive and they have to steal all of their technology. There’s no way they can lead the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies