Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 04:20 AM

5,069 posts, read 3,966,121 times

Advertisements

Is five (5) public accusers the number for Cuomo to resign in disgrace?

https://nypost.com/2021/03/06/two-mo...iate-behavior/

Of course Cuomo’s real scandal is causing the unnecessary death of thousands of nursing home seniors and then cooking the books to hide this and then profiting from his Covid ‘leadership by inking a book deal ...

Perhaps he’ll resign in disgrace from the first (harassment) scandal in hopes of diminishing the spotlight and sanctions for the second.

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 03-07-2021 at 04:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2021, 04:37 AM

20,128 posts, read 16,183,823 times
Welp, the New York State Senate Majority Leader said she wouldn’t call on Como to resign unless there are four accusers. Guess we should all anticipate an announcement from her today.

State Senate’s top Dem says one more accuser and Cuomo’s done

New York State Senate Majority Leader Says She Won’t Call For Andrew Cuomo To Resign Unless A Fourth Accuser Comes Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Is five (5) public accusers the number for Cuomo to resign in disgrace?

https://nypost.com/2021/03/06/two-mo...iate-behavior/

Of course Cuomo’s real scandal is causing the unnecessary death of thousands of nursing home seniors and then cooking the books to hide this and then profiting from his Covid ‘leadership by inking a book deal ...

Perhaps he’ll resign in disgrace from the first scandal in hopes of diminishing the spotlight and sanctions for the second.
If you got news from sources other than just the American MSM, the nursing home story was out almost the day after the Cuomo’s directive went out. Some female nursing home director was desperately trying to get the story out there and onky Mark Levin, of all people, and couple independent outlets would cover it. Cuomo’s first accuser was trying to get her story told as early as December. Makes you wonder why now, right?

Last edited by Oldhag1; 03-07-2021 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: Added links

Old 03-07-2021, 04:39 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,771,109 times
Is everyone he ever flirted with going to come forward now? I almost feel sorry for the guy.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:53 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,529,362 times
The Dems will just keep rolling out more of them until he resigns. They need him gone for his disastrous and criminal mismanagement of nursing homes, but it is too much to expect of them to be honest about that given the way he was feted at the time.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:55 AM

20,128 posts, read 16,183,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Is everyone he ever flirted with going to come forward now? I almost feel sorry for the guy.
Did you see the picture of the third accuser? She looked like Grandma’s chihuahua when cornered by a toddler, terrified and unsure if it’s going to get a quick pet on the head and then be left alone or have their leg twisted.

It’s not harmless flirting when you have the power to destroy the person if they turn you down. Twenty-something year women do not generally want to kiss a 60-something year old man.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:57 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,864,604 times
Quote:
He was free to "flirt" with millions of other women, but chose to intimidate young women on his staff...What part of that confuses you?

Old 03-07-2021, 04:59 AM

9,996 posts, read 5,701,028 times
"Oh yay, we found a pretext to get rid of this fraudster without having to admit we were wrong to deify him as a courageous anti-COVID warrior!"

Old 03-07-2021, 05:01 AM

5,069 posts, read 3,966,121 times
Quote:
This is a bit more than flirty (though I do see your point that he essentially didn’t sexually assault anyone) but the power imbalance involved (Governor v lower level state employee) makes his conduct an obvious violation. Nobody (including Cuomo) denies that.

(Just realized @roadrat and @oldhag1 posted the same)

Old 03-07-2021, 05:02 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,517,417 times
Quote:
I feel sorry for the families of the deceased in NY nursing homes who wouldn’t have died if he hadn’t forced infected elderly to bunk with them.

Old 03-07-2021, 05:03 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,302,617 times
Cuomo is about to go the way of Elliot Spitzer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies