Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 11:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Clinton exposed himself to Paula Jones and no she wasn’t willing. and the press and I’m sure Hillary helped, made her the one at fault. Clinton was a louse and everyone looked the other way. Yes lewinsky, was just as responsible, but Clinton was acting President of the United States, she was strongly condemned by the press, the entertainment media, but he didn’t face barely any negative press, maybe a little, but nothing like he deserved.
I forgot about Paula Jones my mistake. That said at the time the president was largely like the British royal family, you didn't mock them in the news. Saturday Night Live, sure. Not the news. That changed with Bush but more so Obama and then by virtue Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2021, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why weren't you guys this outraged when multiple women accused Trump of sexual assault and harassments. It's way more than Cuomo. I don't get it.
They are whitewashing that they knew in 2016 and again in 2020. I think both Trump and Cuomo are deplorable men for their sexual harassments.

Old 03-08-2021, 01:46 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Is everyone he ever flirted with going to come forward now? I almost feel sorry for the guy.
I don’t feel sorry for him but did who didn’t expect a bunch of accusers legitimate or not once it started.

Old 03-08-2021, 02:06 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I don’t feel sorry for him but did who didn’t expect a bunch of accusers legitimate or not once it started.
Well yeah, if you don't harass anyone you don't have to worry about accusers emboldened to come out the woodwork.

Remember Bill Cosby, it took 1 comedian to bring awareness and all the cards came down after that.

Old 03-08-2021, 05:35 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,945,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedtheCat View Post
agreed

Though if the genders were reversed, it would be called "female empowerment" you go grrrrrl!!!
No it wouldn't. The sexual harassment training my company requires it's employees to go through makes it clear it's not acceptable no matter who's doing it. They even use scenarios with women instigating it.

Old 03-08-2021, 05:58 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Putting your hands on someone is more than flirting, that's called unwanted touching and groping. I'm sorry your father didn't teach you that was wrong.

And not apologizing for it, makes it even worse, just like a sexual predator.

Not when they're your subordinate and you're 40+ years older than them, and you're a governor. Men in powerful positions harassing women over job offers is why we have a #metoo movement.

Old enough to know what sexual harassment, groping, and not apologizing is. You must be too young to understand that young women don't want to be hit on by their 63 year old superiors.

When was the last time your significant other entertained the sexual advances of their much older superiors with their jobs on the line? I rest my case.

We have a #metoo movement because democrats realized they could weaponize it. They don't actually care about sexual harassment and sexual assaults.If Cuomo was a republican then this would be on every headline and every alisa millano and other useless celebrities would be tweeting about it constantly.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:57 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Well yeah, if you don't harass anyone you don't have to worry about accusers emboldened to come out the woodwork.
I don't think that is true. A false accusation can also bring accusers real or not out of the woodwork if you are famous enough or have enough money.

Old 03-09-2021, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
We have a #metoo movement because democrats realized they could weaponize it. They don't actually care about sexual harassment and sexual assaults.If Cuomo was a republican then this would be on every headline and every alisa millano and other useless celebrities would be tweeting about it constantly.
I see BS, I smell BS, must be BS in this post.

First, we do have #MeToo not because of Democrats but rather women who are saying enough is enough. Many women are not willing participants or are only willing to a point. If you look at say Weinstein, they were willing in that they knew he would replace them if they slapped him for roughing them or threatened to go to HR. They also knew it would be their black ball. Tell me how that wouldn't create an underbelly waiting for someone to be an iconoclast.

Second claiming the allegations are weaponzied is a way to discredit them. Why are you trying to discredit them, afraid of skeleton in your closet perhaps? Or perhaps you can't be a sexist in this day and age? Or perhaps you don't like that one slip and you're done. I don't date with co-workers because of this. It might remove a pool, but if they don't want to date me, I can get in trouble with HR.

Third, Cuomo has been front page on both conservative and liberal media sources with this. The only reason it hasn't been as big is it isn't the only big story in town. We had CPAC when the story became news again. We have the continual COVID issues. At least the air isn't as out of the room like this time last year. As for Trump's, it was hardly as big minus the Access Hollywood tape or the Stormy Daniels payout.

Old 03-09-2021, 08:41 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,945,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Do you think they were lying about Larry Nassar?

Old 03-09-2021, 08:45 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Is five (5) public accusers the number for Cuomo to resign in disgrace?

https://nypost.com/2021/03/06/two-mo...iate-behavior/

Of course Cuomo’s real scandal is causing the unnecessary death of thousands of nursing home seniors and then cooking the books to hide this and then profiting from his Covid ‘leadership by inking a book deal ...

Perhaps he’ll resign in disgrace from the first (harassment) scandal in hopes of diminishing the spotlight and sanctions for the second.
Curious isn't it, that Cuomo's policies were literally killing people, and the Democrats didn't give a flying rat's ass. But as soon as Cuomo crossed the line for the woke dems, then he has to go. It was okay if he was killing people, but how dare he kiss a woman on the lips.

The priorities for the Democrats are flipped upside down.

It's the same for that 27 year old journalist for VOX, who broke every rule of journalism by sleeping with a press spokesman for Biden, and yet she still covering the Biden campaign, and writing stories about it as a journalist for VOX. Then she gets hired by Teen Vogue, and she gets fired for ignorant social media posts from when she was 17 years old. Violating every ethical norm for a journalist, that was perfectly fine, but posting racially insensitive comments ten years ago, as a high school minor, that was over the line.

This is how stupid and twisted and out of whack the priorities of the dems and the woke are.

Last edited by Wapasha; 03-09-2021 at 08:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies