Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 06:47 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The Moderna vaccine was formulated before operation Warp Speed even began.
Really, how come it wasn't publicized?

Old 03-07-2021, 06:52 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I'd like you Harris people to explain to me how she is going to be better than Biden.
Biden is doing a great job, so Harris doesn’t have to do better. I hope she does as well when she takes office in four years.

Old 03-07-2021, 07:09 PM

65 posts, read 38,227 times
I didn't read all the replies so I don't know if anyone mentioned this already.

Obviously, you don't know much about Biden's speech impediment. He was a very bad studderer in his younger years and it took him many years of therapy to learn how to best control it, which is hard to do. When you hear the fumbling of words, he is trying hard to not let the studdering come out, and is trying his best to control it. Props to him.

Many think he has dementia because of this speech impediment. Read up, and learn.

Old 03-07-2021, 07:17 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Obama was an inspiring, eloquent speaker, and you hated him. Trump talks like a fifth grader and you loved him. So yeah, right, tell me you’re concerned about Biden’s verbal stumbles.
LOL! Obama only sounded "inspiring" and "eloquent" because he was reading off the teleprompter speeches written by a team of writers. When the teleprompters malfunctioned, he turned into a stuttering mess. If he had written his own speeches and the teleprompter broke, he would have been able to easily continue in the same vein.

Anyone who has paid attention to how Biden spoke in his younger days, is able to see that what is happening now with him is more than "verbal stumbles". If you aren't afraid to do so, listen to him speaking in the past, even as recently during his stint as VP. Then compare it to how he is now. Be objective and open minded.

Old 03-07-2021, 07:19 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk016 View Post

Obviously, you don't know much about Biden's speech impediment. He was a very bad studderer in his younger years and it took him many years of therapy to learn how to best control it, which is hard to do. When you hear the fumbling of words, he is trying hard to not let the studdering come out, and is trying his best to control it. Props to him.

Many think he has dementia because of this speech impediment. Read up, and learn.
No one is taking issue with him being a "studderer[sic]". What is happening now with him is way beyond stuttering. As I advised the previous poster, listen to him speaking in the past, then compare it to how he speaks now.

Old 03-07-2021, 08:27 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,060 times
Quote:

Obviously, you don't know much about Biden's speech impediment. He was a very bad stutterer in his younger years and it took him many years of therapy to learn how to best control it, which is hard to do. When you hear the fumbling of words, he is trying hard to not let the studdering come out, and is trying his best to control it. Props to him.

No, this is not a speech impediment I have seen him stop mid-sentence and stare into space and continue on a completely different subject. That is not stuttering that is dementia. Just watch some of his videos from years ago and he was quite a speaker, a liar, but a good speaker.

Old 03-07-2021, 08:51 PM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Obama was an inspiring, eloquent speaker,............
No, he wasn't and no, he isn't.
You were told that Obama was an eloquent, inspiring speaker and you are just repeating what you have been told.
People were told Michelle was elegant and beautiful, so they repeat that, too, even though it is obviously untrue. You can see for yourself - or you should be able to.

The media has filled your mind with nonsense.
Just a few months ago you were being constantly told that Governor Cuomo was the leader we all needed in Washington. Finally, the truth has fought its way through......

What else do you believe that is totally, demonstrably untrue?

Old 03-07-2021, 08:53 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Obama was an inspiring, eloquent speaker, and you hated him. Trump talks like a fifth grader and you loved him. So yeah, right, tell me you’re concerned about Biden’s verbal stumbles.
Why?

Because he is supposed to be the leader and be sharp on his watch.

You're lack of concern is alarming too.

Old 03-07-2021, 08:59 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,032,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
LOL! Obama only sounded "inspiring" and "eloquent" because he was reading off the teleprompter speeches written by a team of writers. When the teleprompters malfunctioned, he turned into a stuttering mess. If he had written his own speeches and the teleprompter broke, he would have been able to easily continue in the same vein.

Anyone who has paid attention to how Biden spoke in his younger days, is able to see that what is happening now with him is more than "verbal stumbles". If you aren't afraid to do so, listen to him speaking in the past, even as recently during his stint as VP. Then compare it to how he is now. Be objective and open minded.

Definitely. You can even compare him to him last year at this time (right before the Covid shutdowns when he was still able to campaign in public) to now. If they do hold that press conference in a couple of weeks, they might not be able to hide the decline any longer. The only question is who takes over? Jill or Kamala?

Old 03-07-2021, 09:29 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:

Again, this is NOT stuttering or a some kind of speech impediment. I am tired of posting video after video in which he does not stutter all that much, but where he does have a major problem getting a fairly simple point across and in which he says sentences that do not make any sense. I know that I have posted this over and over again, but I just do not understand how anyone can watch the following video and think that Biden is "fine." (And this is not edited, and it is not an interview from a hostile interviewer -- it is from The View , and it was filmed two years ago!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gogO2nFQw_w&t=16s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies