Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2021, 06:18 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The owner of Natural News and about 2 dozen other sites is a long time anti- vaccination, HIV- AIDS denier, anti- medicine hyper. The purpose of the business model is to sell vitamin/ mineral supplements and survival preparation kits. Fake news - sensational headline click bait attract traffic.

Invoking the name of Bill Gates and suggesting “ connect the dots” are common ploys used by this brand of fake news. Then there’s references to YouTube because if someone posts a video on YouTube it must be the truth, eh.

There does not appear to be a Dr Witold Rodiewicz in the US. Nothing is known of him if such a person exists.
Things like age, personal habits, risk factors and preexisting conditions are unknown.

As of yesterday, more than 300 million vaccine doses have been injected in humans all over the world.
( This does not include vaccines in Russia or China) No question, some of those inoculated have and will continue to die due to all sorts of reasons. Sooner or later, all will dies regardless of Covid or vaccines.

Anti- vaccination ideology crosses the political spectrum and geography.
Quoted for truth.

My wife has bought into anti vaxxer idiocy (sigh. and chem trails. And other Qannon crap from 2nd hand right wing sources) since my son was 6 mos. I hope whoever introduced my wife to this idiotic anti vaxxer movement gets caught in every traffic jam every day forever. (Note I hold a different opinion on Covid vaccination than typical due to being rushed. I will do it. My wife will not. My son will be 18 in Oct and plans to but I will let him decide. My daughter is 15 and that will be yet another fight.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2021, 06:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM66 View Post
This is fake news. FAKE! FAKE! FAKE!

Conservatives can't seem to make any statement without a dozen lies in it. They're getting way with it because no one can read Polish and most conservatives are too lazy to do a little research and form theitr own opinions.

Look what happens when you turn to the Polish edition of Newsweek and translate the story:

and
Thank you for going the extra mile. The doctor in Poland had a diagnosed heart condition for years and had a fatal heart attack weeks after being vaccinated. Imagine that.

Anti- vaccine people cross the political spectrum.

OP’s source is known creator of fake news- misinformation. It uses fake news and sensational headlines to drive traffic to their site where vitamin/ mineral supplements are sold, no diff than Alex Jones.

There is a tendency for people to believe anything that seems to validate their own perceptions and dismiss the rest.

Israel imposed some of the most severe restrictions in the world to combat COVID. This included closing its international airport. Returning Israelites found themselves unable to return.

Israel is, right now, the most vaccinated country in the world. It paid more to get more vaccine. And it has begun reducing restrictions.

Old 03-08-2021, 06:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Thank you for going the extra mile. The doctor in Poland had a diagnosed heart condition for years and had a fatal heart attack weeks after being vaccinated. Imagine that.
You read weeks? Or did you read it at all......

Old 03-08-2021, 06:46 AM

34,234 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Dr. Who? I'd trust Tom Baker more than Fauci.

Old 03-08-2021, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Quoted for truth.

My wife has bought into anti vaxxer idiocy (sigh. and chem trails. And other Qannon crap from 2nd hand right wing sources) since my son was 6 mos. I hope whoever introduced my wife to this idiotic anti vaxxer movement gets caught in every traffic jam every day forever. (Note I hold a different opinion on Covid vaccination than typical due to being rushed. I will do it. My wife will not. My son will be 18 in Oct and plans to but I will let him decide. My daughter is 15 and that will be yet another fight.)
I have a family member, by marriage, who has gone down the QAnon rabbit hole which now includes anti vaccine. One of the unintended benefits of the pandemic is not having to interact with him, in person.

I cannot imagine what it’s like to be living under the same roof with someone like this. I am grateful that I don’t have to.

Old 03-08-2021, 06:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Quoted for truth.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...der-rise-to-29
https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...-not-true.html
https://www.newsweek.com/covid-vacci...unized-1552009
https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...e-among-very-/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...el/6574414002/
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...-say-1.4997928
https://noqreport.com/2021/01/22/mlb...id-19-vaccine/

Yes, free people with liberty, always have choices to make, from the unlimited choices.

Old 03-08-2021, 07:18 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
I have a family member, by marriage, who has gone down the QAnon rabbit hole which now includes anti vaccine. One of the unintended benefits of the pandemic is not having to interact with him, in person.

I cannot imagine what it’s like to be living under the same roof with someone like this. I am grateful that I don’t have to.
Bonus: MY IQ is 140 and tilted strongly toward math/ spatial and I'm an engineer. Hers is likely around 100 and tilted very strongly toward verbal (Her grammar and spelling are impeccable) and against math. You can imagine..

Old 03-08-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You read weeks? Or did you read it at all......
Vaccinated end of January. Died 2/15. That’s weeks.

That he had a preexisting heart condition, according to his family seems to be dismissed because it does not fit the narrative.

There are a handful of long time posters to this forum who seem to rely on known fake news sources that promote conspiracy theories and intentional misinformation and do so for profit. The sources rarely, if ever, retract anything unless ordered by a court or as a part of a settlement to do so.

Natural News cited an article posted in the American Journal of Medicine that was misinterpreted by the Government of Brazil about the effectiveness of HCQ- Hydroxychloroquine. This prompted the AJM to put it into context:

https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002...092-9/fulltext

Some might recall Trump promoted HCQ and claimed to be taking it as a preventative measure. Obviously it did not prevent him from contracting COVID despite nearly everyone in his close circle being tested daily.

Unlike most folk, Trump’s vitals and oxygen levels were monitored 24/7 and he was admitted to the hospital out of “an abundance of caution”. He received a medication cocktail not available to the masses, under compassionate care. The masses tend to be admitted in substantially more deteriorated condition. Had Trump been just an average guy, no question he would have been vented and survival would have been iffy.

And just three short months later Trump and wife were quietly vaccinated. It seems to be understood that the durability of immunity from prior infection is highly uncertain.

At the same time, the debate about giving Trump personal credit for the vaccine rages on this forum and social media. The US, like every other developed country put a COVID vaccine on a fast track. It would have been weird if the US had not done so. The US ended up being third to approve a vaccine. Unfortunately, the Trump Admin declined options to increase it order last June/ July despite the known 7-8 month lead time.

It was also the Trump Admin that enabled Congress to jump the line and be vaccinated, regardless of age and/ or health, before the most vulnerable populations.

Old 03-08-2021, 07:25 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
What about all those mocked it and are still living?

Including Trump. Where's their thread?

Old 03-08-2021, 07:31 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Can we re-title this "People that get Covid vaccine not receiving promised immortality".

In a typical population of 1 million, you have about 50 deaths a day (roughly).

In just the US we now have 30mil fully vaccinated and another 60 million that have gotten at least one dose.

Literally thousands upon thousands that have gotten vaccinated have gone on to have heart attacks, fatal car accidents, deadly falls, trapped in avalanches, strokes and possibly a bear mauling or two.

But here we are with the usual suspects pointing to any death from hundreds of millions vaccinated globally as proof.

That they tout themselves as the informed ones is hysterical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies