Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 11:25 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I kind of agree with you, although we aren’t supposed to blame the victim... it’s not PC. These women kept silent at the time, because they were willing to overlook unwanted advances if it would help their careers. I have no problem with that, I’d have done the same thing. Most women by a certain age can maneuver around unwanted advances, and I sounds like they did so at the time.

I think the Gov murdered a lot of people because of his power trip, and poor judgement. For this he should lose his job and perhaps be prosecuted.
Thank you for your civil response.

The presumption that a person is a victim is in itself setting up the narrative. As so often is the case when making the suspect to be guilty .

As I contend, photos and events can be misinterpreted.

On the detouring folks to nursing homes, I'm not clear on his part on that order. So with all fairness I cannot comment .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 11:31 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Just on principle alone I want that Gov to stay.

Tired of these unsubstantiated women coming forward to oust an official.

Far too many men are now being accused and the public outcry is to "BELEIVE" the accuser.

I don't believe the earth is flat and I don't beieive the sky is falling.

And I sure as heck don't believe the "stories" these ladies are conjuring. I have photos that I am sure I could create a story from. The REALITY though would be - Nothing happened, its was smile and be gracious.

Time will tell if these women are telling the truth. But I'd love to know why you're refusing to acknowledge the nursing home scandal. You're OK knowing Cuomo skewed numbers, barely used the popup hospitals set up by the Trump administration, and made threats to multiple people in his administration, and representatives if they told?

He has no principals. To know you support him is disgusting.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Thank you for your civil response.

The presumption that a person is a victim is in itself setting up the narrative. As so often is the case when making the suspect to be guilty .

As I contend, photos and events can be misinterpreted.

On the detouring folks to nursing homes, I'm not clear on his part on that order. So with all fairness I cannot comment .

It's not a secret. The internet is your friend. The info is out there. How are you not clear on it?

Old 03-12-2021, 11:40 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Time will tell if these women are telling the truth. But I'd love to know why you're refusing to acknowledge the nursing home scandal. You're OK knowing Cuomo skewed numbers, barely used the popup hospitals set up by the Trump administration, and made threats to multiple people in his administration, and representatives if they told?

He has no principals. To know you support him is disgusting.
Have you noticed that the Democrats afforded Justice Kavanaugh the same courtesy? Believe all women was their mantra. That is until it's one of them.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Have you noticed that the Democrats afforded Justice Kavanaugh the same courtesy? Believe all women was their mantra. That is until it's one of them.

Oh the hypocrisy is amazing. I'm still waiting on Kamala to leap at Cuomo the way she did with Kavanaugh. I won't hold my breath.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:47 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Quote:
It's not a secret. The internet is your friend. The info is out there. How are you not clear on it?
Thank you for the directive to use various resources . To be honest some news events did not make it to my priority list. So I did not go 'all in' on this governor's actions during the covid patients. Will look into it when time permits. Thus why I reserved opinion til after the data is reviewed .

Old 03-12-2021, 11:50 AM

1,258 posts, read 1,462,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
It was listen to all women, not believe all women. I have not read all these posts, and I don't want to risk repeating what others might have said, so I'll just say that I agree that Cuomo is done, and New York will have its first female governor (the current lieutenant governor, who's from Buffalo, whose name eludes me right now) within months. Can't tell you exactly when. Regarding the nursing homes and covid, Cuomo might have survived that if he'd owned up to it along the lines of, "Yes, that was a terrible decision. I made a terrible mistake, it was a complete lapse in judgment, and I don't know how I can ever express the extent of the loss and sorrow to the families of those who died as a result of my bad decision," etc." As someone much more knowledgeable than I am said in another context, the coverup is often more the crime than the crime itself.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:55 AM

5,742 posts, read 4,697,306 times
6 accusers so far, and yet not a peep from Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren or Alyssa Milano.

All those women blasted Kavanaugh, calling him "guilty", even though the single accuser was a Democratic activist with an agenda.

Wonder why that is?

Old 03-12-2021, 12:01 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,462,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
6 accusers so far, and yet not a peep from Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren or Alyssa Milano.

All those women blasted Kavanaugh, calling him "guilty", even though the single accuser was a Democratic activist with an agenda.

Wonder why that is?
Uh, this is a governor, not a Supreme Court justice nominee with a lifelong appointment. It's a matter for the state of New York, or am I completely off here? I accept it if I am, but again, it's not the same. Again, go ahead and blast me, but I don't see it as comparable. A Supreme Court justice is forever--can't be booted from the post by voters, which a governor can be.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:05 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Oh the hypocrisy is amazing. I'm still waiting on Kamala to leap at Cuomo the way she did with Kavanaugh. I won't hold my breath.
How about Biden of whom she chastised during the Democrat debate? Now she's his VP. The hypocrisy runs deep.

Quote:
"But, I also believe—and it’s personal. And I—I was actually very—it was hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputations and career on segregation of race in this country. And it was not only that, but you also worked with them to oppose bussing. And you know, there was a little girl in California who was part of the second class to integrate her public schools and she was bussed to school every day and that little girl was me. So, I will tell you that on this subject, it cannot be an intellectual debate among democrats. We have to take it seriously. We have to act swiftly. As attorney general of California, I was very proud to put in place a—a requirement that all my special agents would wear body cameras and keep those cameras on." -- Kamala Harris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies