Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 03:20 AM

1,803 posts, read 934,891 times

Advertisements

You people need to realize that when you label something a Conspiracy Theory.... it means it is something predicted and it basically was not proven to have occurred. Once you'all claim it is reality and occurring as this labeled - Cancel Culture that can be even attempting to get people you feel are against you fired as Donald Trump is still saying he wants.... to even force a firing of Fox News commentators yet again and silence those he labels RINOS. It is also a bit of Cancel Culture to defame and label others RINOS because you get no luv or a disagreement and feel you need to cancel and force it upon them.

Again, if still a theory.... it is not yet occurring and did not yet to prove it a reality. So to say a Leftist Theory.... it is means it is predicted and presumed by all beliefs and facts to YET come to pass. We know how date-setting for events was labeled under Conspiracy Theory and then once the date did not happen as predicted by theory? It is re-dated even or just acted as it never really was. Cults and a mentality as them..... do this and those in them just make a excuse and re-work a prediction again and all just accept it is still truthful and just a tiny mistake they fix.

Now I hear a March 20th date being mentioned for something.... it will continue to be re-cycled it seems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2021, 04:15 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
"Can" and "ought to" are different things. In a free society there are lots of things individuals and companies, can legally do that they really shouldn't be doing. It's a very simple concept. How is it that people like you don't seem to understand? When someone comes on here and says, "Look at Google censoring stuff, they really ought to stop doing that", your "But they can legally do it!" is not a relevant answer.
Legally, only the government can commit censorship.

My reaction to Google doing things I don't like? (And it does many things I don't like) I don't use it.

I'm a lot more concerned that Google invades my (and your) privacy every way it possibly can than its decisions about search terms. After all, I didn't need Google to learn about "Blue Anon". I just needed you. Has Google interfered with my ability to learn about "Blue Anon"? Not in the slightest.

BtW, I just searched on the term "Blue Anon" (not on Google). Got 3 pages of results.

Last edited by jacqueg; 03-08-2021 at 04:47 AM..

Old 03-08-2021, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Your leftist house of cards is beginning to fall. I see it first hand in my interactions at work and on the internet. TONS of Biden remorse and it is growing exponentially daily. I can not understand why some of you cling to such an obvious mistake like your life depends on it?
What on earth does Biden have to do with Google's decisions on search terms??????????

Old 03-08-2021, 05:54 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dark enlightenment
"can" and "ought to" are different things. In a free society there are lots of things individuals and companies, can legally do that they really shouldn't be doing. It's a very simple concept. How is it that people like you don't seem to understand? When someone comes on here and says, "look at google censoring stuff, they really ought to stop doing that", your "but they can legally do it!" is not a relevant answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
legally, only the government can commit censorship.
lol

Old 03-08-2021, 06:08 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
+1.

I thought is was a bs story as I had never heard of it... until I went to duck duck go and it came up immediately.

Big tech needs to be broken up or a regulated utility.

Old 03-08-2021, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
lol
try suing a private business for censorship. See what happens.

Old 03-08-2021, 07:46 AM

4,625 posts, read 4,892,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Every normal person, that's who.

A "dictionary" suddenly decides that it's not a dictionary if it doesn't like the words. That's fraud. And if you support lying, you have to justify it.
A whole lot of people don't know what Urban Dictionary is...

Old 03-08-2021, 08:00 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Blue Anon was re-added following all the publicity:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...rm=blue%20anon

Mind you I wouldn't expect it to last long like this. When a non left-wing trend breaks out in the public square, the activists drown it out. So they will come up with an alternate definition just like they did with TDS Trump Derangement Syndrome because they couldn't handle an effective term being used against them

They do this all the time on twitter. First of all the censors try super hard to stop any non left trend from making it on the top 30 list, but when it does, what they do is flood it with boy band videos and cat pictures.

They are children

Old 03-08-2021, 09:27 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Original Trump Derangement Syndrome Definition:
https://web.archive.org/web/20190504...ent%20Syndrome

Current definition:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...ent%20Syndrome

They just flat out deleted the real one and put in something to sooth their egos

Old 03-08-2021, 09:30 AM

6,470 posts, read 4,071,063 times
While Google is known for censorship this easily could be Eric Trump vs. Anime part 2, where something nonpolitical is far more popular than the political term. It could also be, The Blue Anon Ski company paying google to be front page, when anyone looks up the term. If you look up "Blue Anon ..." the words Meme autofills and you can almost immediately see the meme is very much present on google searches.

https://enterprise.login.utexas.edu/...execution=e1s2
Eric Trump didn't realize the massive popularity of anime (mostly among teens and young adults), and the show Mob Psycho whose main character is referred to as "Mob".

This is the same with Jeans. If you look up Levi. First thing that pops up is Levi Strauss but if you go to images all you see is pictures of "Levi Ackerman" the anime character.

Urban Dictionary is a slang dictionary for mostly sexual slang. I have no clue why they would remove this term specifically, (It's not like the site isn't filled with a long list of disgusting and weird slang terms) hell the n-word is on there with lots of "terrible", politically incorrect definitions. So more than likely a group of random people flagged the post and got it removed.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=******

as well as all of it's derivatives

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...=Sand%20******
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies