Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2021, 08:26 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
And we have a winner. It's typical woke crap, like everything else broadcast on tv, and it's boring, like the same script done over and over.
I think all of you Trumpistas are nutz. But i agree on one thing. I have no sympathy for somebody who does what she did. Stevie wonder could see this coming. The Royal family is Anglo Saxon Germanic. And that's the way they want to keep it and will do whatever it takes to keep it that way. Period.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:28 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I normally don't comment on gossip and celeb threads like this but.......

She chose to marry into the institution and house that wrote the manual on how to plunder, pillage , rape, steal and slaughter countless untold brown people. A black woman made a choice to marry a man who's family has not only never atoned for what it did but is richer than GOD for doing so. The blood of countless tainos, arrowoks and caribs are mixed into her wedding ring. You marry the most racist and colonial, white supremacist family on earth and then cry "their racist". WHAT? Maybe she should have picked up a history book. She gets whatever she deserves......
It’s unfortunate what is happening with them but, for the reasons above, they should have anticipated it. But then, Meghan is mixed as it seems like her white family accepted her. So perhaps she thought it would be similar.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:39 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Odd timing and all, but I suspect it's about building their own brand and making money. Not buying her stupid sob story, she's channeling Diana to play people. I think they are rather boring, but whatever.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:45 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,350,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Yeah, you're right.

We shouldn't call out racists.
Woke-scolding someone in their 90's for comments they've made and opinions they've had all their lives (and probably grew up hearing) is a complete waste of time. They have absolutely no reason to listen to a "calling out".

Old 03-08-2021, 08:50 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Did anyone see the interview? MM called the BRF racist. What's the point? Trying to bring the institution down?
I watched it and they did not say racist. They said there were meetings about the possible color of the baby. What do you think this was about???

Old 03-08-2021, 08:52 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I normally don't comment on gossip and celeb threads like this but.......

She chose to marry into the institution and house that wrote the manual on how to plunder, pillage , rape, steal and slaughter countless untold brown people. A black woman made a choice to marry a man who's family has not only never atoned for what it did but is richer than GOD for doing so. The blood of countless tainos, arrowoks and caribs are mixed into her wedding ring. You marry the most racist and colonial, white supremacist family on earth and then cry "their racist". WHAT? Maybe she should have picked up a history book. She gets whatever she deserves......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
It’s unfortunate what is happening with them but, for the reasons above, they should have anticipated it. But then, Meghan is mixed as it seems like her white family accepted her. So perhaps she thought it would be similar.
As a "whitey" who didn't grow up in the US but in a country with no history of slavery or colonization (Canada), I can honestly say that some of the most shockingly racist people I've ever encountered in the almost 24 years I've lived in the US...are Black Americans.

Not African immigrants. Not Caribbean immigrants. Not Black Canadians or Black Brits (I've met a few in the US), but Black Americans.

That you seem to want to rush to stereotype "whites" and assume the worst of them (I had never officially been a color until I moved to the race-obsessed US) is an example of what I'm talking about.

I'm probably more liberal than either of you are, but many American liberals are just downright "nutz," too. The drama never ends. And Harry should have seen this coming.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:53 AM

4,298 posts, read 1,556,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Woke-scolding someone in their 90's for comments they've made and opinions they've had all their lives (and probably grew up hearing) is a complete waste of time. They have absolutely no reason to listen to a "calling out".
This is how attitudes don't change.

We have a responsibility to educate those who grew up in different times.

I don't really care about this story mind, abolish the monarchy. Horrible leeching institution that's way past it's sell by date.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:53 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Not to mention saying he felt trapped in the family. I guarantee if she had been a Scientologist, he’d be one right now. Easily manipulated.
That may be her next ploy. Watch. Still time left on the clock. The game's not over.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:56 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
As a "whitey" who didn't grow up in the US but in a country with no history of slavery or colonization (Canada), I can honestly say that some of the most shockingly racist people I've ever encountered in the almost 24 years I've lived in the US...are Black Americans.

Not African immigrants. Not Caribbean immigrants. Not Black Canadians or Black Brits (I've met a few in the US), but Black Americans.

That you seem to want to rush to stereotype "whites" and assume the worst of them (I had never officially been a color until I moved to the race-obsessed US) is an example of what I'm talking about.

I'm probably more liberal than either of you are, but many American liberals are "nutz," too. The drama never ends.
Why did you quote me?

This has to do with the Royal family, not whites in general. Read my post. I clearly stated that it’s seems Meghan’s white family was accepting and perhaps she expected the same. However, this is the Royal family - different people, different legacy.

I am not Black American and do agree that Black Americans can be racist, just like any other group. Not sure your reason for that comment.

I am not liberal or conservative. Spare me that nonsense as well.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:56 AM

2,106 posts, read 978,752 times
She had her picture taken outside Buckingham palace when she was a teenage , but her not knowing anything about the Royals or the palace , not even googling about Harry , must have been quite a surprise to find out who he was and where he lived...what a load of crap,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies