Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2021, 10:45 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I have a bit of a hard time believing that they were concerned about this, I mean obviously Kevin Hart wasn’t going to pop out of her and this kid would be like 5th in line to the throne anyway. That’s not to say that I don’t think that they are at least a tiny bit racist, I just don’t think this was anything more than a possible comment by someone.

That being said, the royals certainly have a lot of explaining to do regarding Archie not getting a title and protection.
The title thing is clear; who, except for Meghan, says that Archie "deserved" more protection. (For sure, they appeared to want more protection for their entire family with the issue now quite complicated once they moved to Canada and now to the United States. That's a different matter.)

What caught my attention about this was the seeming use of children to argue inequity or bias. This tie Meghan seems to have made between Archie not being styled Prince Archie leaving him not eligible for more security? That sounds like a stretch.

Prince George probably does have more security. With his siblings no doubt included. I find it hard to believe that someone as intelligent as Meghan cannot understand British practice about titles. By focusing on what her child did not get she's, in essence, publicly complaining about what Charlotte and Louis did - the style of princess and prince.

Those titles by themselves almost certainly do not impact their security arrangements. If I had to guess, William and Kate may have welcomed them to minimize the division between George (as heir, who by long-tradition and right is now Prince George) and his siblings at their still-young ages. Thinking it perhaps emotionally healthy for the family as a whole.

Meghan has managed to both (1) imply her baby now without a title was placed in potentially greater danger due to his racial background AND (2) in doing so, bring decisions made about two other children, Charlotte and Louis.

That will sure promote family harmony in the future.

Old 03-08-2021, 10:45 AM

7,350 posts, read 4,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I don’t believe the part that when Meghan was suicidal (assuming that is true) that they couldn’t get her any help.

Harry was in therapy for years; why didn’t they call his therapist? In one of Charles’ biographies, it was revealed that he was in therapy for 14 years. He would have been a resource. Kate and William and Kate’s brother have had therapy. Harry and William
and Kate created the Heads Together initiative...

Meghan’s mother has a master’s degree in social work with a focus on mental health. Meghan had plenty of resources.

And most of all, since Meghan was 5 months pregnant, she would have been under the care of an OB-GYN. Surely she could have told her medical doctor that she was suicidal and help would have been provided.
Best post ever!

BTW, Does Meghan have any relationship with her family or past friends?

Where is Meghan Markle's mom when she was pregnant? Where is her mom now? And, if she was such a great mom to Meghan, why did Meghan live with her divorced father for all those years?

Old 03-08-2021, 10:58 AM

6,995 posts, read 2,709,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I get the inkling that she married into it for what she would get, including the attention.
She ain't Cleopatra. She brings nothing to the table.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:09 AM

21,938 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I don’t believe the part that when Meghan was suicidal (assuming that is true) that they couldn’t get her any help.

Harry was in therapy for years; why didn’t they call his therapist? In one of Charles’ biographies, it was revealed that he was in therapy for 14 years. He would have been a resource. Kate and William and Kate’s brother have had therapy. Harry and William
and Kate created the Heads Together initiative...

Meghan’s mother has a master’s degree in social work with a focus on mental health. Meghan had plenty of resources.

And most of all, since Meghan was 5 months pregnant, she would have been under the care of an OB-GYN. Surely she could have told her medical doctor that she was suicidal and help would have been provided.

The claim that Archie was denied a title due to his race also makes no sense. Typically, only the eldest son of the eldest son receives a title. The Queen made an exception for Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis to have titles alongside Prince George. Harry is the second son and not in the direct line of succession. Archie not being a prince has nothing to do with race. Even then, I’m not sure why Archie isn’t Lord Archie, Earl of Dumbarton. Surely Archie is entitled to use one of his father’s lesser titles? Look at Princess Eugenie’s newborn son; he doesn’t have a title.

Then there was Harry whining about how his family cut him off financially. Good heavens, you are 30 something years old! Supposedly they left the RF so they could be “financially independent”, so what’s the problem?

What strikes me is that Harry and Meghan told plenty of lies in the past, or are bending the truth now, because their version of events doesn’t add up.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Um, they're already rich and famous. And they were each rich and famous when they met.

Meghan had around $2 million by the time she met Harry.

Heck, I'd think I was rich if I had half a million.

You are correct that they will do what they can to remain rich and famous. Just like 90% of the folks who feature in People magazine every week.
In MM world, I assure you that $2m isn't rich.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I think they were both trying to be discreet and not hurt the royal family with these accusations as we don't need to know who said it. Perhaps whoever said it is just ignorant, not necessarily malicious.

Like I said previously, Meghan, Harry and the royal family do not affect my life whatsoever. Harry and Meghan seem like a nice, in love couple and I hope they have a wonderful life with their children.
Discreet? She lobbed a nuke at the RF.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:13 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The title thing is clear; who, except for Meghan, says that Archie "deserved" more protection. (For sure, they appeared to want more protection for their entire family with the issue now quite complicated once they moved to Canada and now to the United States. That's a different matter.)

What caught my attention about this was the seeming use of children to argue inequity or bias. This tie Meghan seems to have made between Archie not being styled Prince Archie leaving him not eligible for more security? That sounds like a stretch.

Prince George probably does have more security. With his siblings no doubt included. I find it hard to believe that someone as intelligent as Meghan cannot understand British practice about titles. By focusing on what her child did not get she's, in essence, publicly complaining about what Charlotte and Louis did - the style of princess and prince.

Those titles by themselves almost certainly do not impact their security arrangements. If I had to guess, William and Kate may have welcomed them to minimize the division between George (as heir, who by long-tradition and right is now Prince George) and his siblings at their still-young ages. Thinking it perhaps emotionally healthy for the family as a whole.

Meghan has managed to both (1) imply her baby now without a title was placed in potentially greater danger due to his racial background AND (2) in doing so, bring decisions made about two other children, Charlotte and Louis.

That will sure promote family harmony in the future.
Iirc Archie gets the title of prince when the queen passes on the throne as is.

It sounds like they wanted to change that.

And iirc in the past I’ve read they want to simplify it but Harry wants protection for the kid, which is understandable considering he’s on the more popular side of royals and that’ll translate to a lot of attention on his kid.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Or a $50 million wedding for their Prince.

The British public wanted a wedding, they paid for it after all. If you don't think they're racist take a look at some of Prince Phillip's gaffes.

Said to a British student in China.

Remarking on a less than professionally installed fuse box in a factory.

While talking to an Australian aboriginal elder.

Pretty darn racist if you ask me.
What about Joe Biden's gaffes that people say are racist? I bet you overlook those.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:18 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
If there’s any truth to their claims of what happened regarding the kid then the royal family definetly deserves to get knocked around over it. Harry’s priority is avoiding a life like he had growing up for his. The royal family at this point is a big earner for the UK. Harry and Megan would’ve really added to the positive side of having a royal family still.
They have no credibility because they are wrong. It’s already been explained 10 times but for your convenience:

George V issued what is known as the “letters patent” in 1917. It is the blueprint for who is called HRH prince/princess.

HRH Prince/Princess goes to:

—all children of the monarch (Anne, Charles, Andrew, Edward)

—all grandchildren of the sons of the monarch (William, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie; technically Edwards children as well but they have lesser titles)

—great grandchildren of the heir of the Prince of Wales ONLY (Prince George; Queen Elizabeth modified this prior to George’s birth so that all of William’s children would be Prince/Princess)

—once Charles is King, Archie could be elevated to Prince Archie.

So basically Harry and Meghan are making much ado about nothing, coming across as jealous and petulant.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I watched it and they did not say racist. They said there were meetings about the possible color of the baby. What do you think this was about???
Um, that's called racism. But I don't believe that happened so....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies