Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 11:22 AM

21,934 posts, read 9,508,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Sorry, but no one in that age group that I know (including my own mother) would even listen to a wokeness lecture, let alone reap an education from it.

MM had a chip on her shoulder...that was obvious from the way she snubbed the Queen's hunting party at Balmoral. So she's anti-gun, that's fine...but you don't get off to a good start with your new inlaws by inserting your SJW opinions and thumbing your nose and ridiculing their longstanding traditions. She didn't need to shoot, but she should have attended out of respect for the Queen. She was also far too shrewishly vocal politically with her opinions, which is frowned upon in the monarchy.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:23 AM

21,934 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
All those here who are angry that "Harry and Meghan accused the Royal family of "racism," know deep inside that questioning the possible color the baby might be, is....RACISM!
Yep, but most of don't believe that lie any more than we believe the other lies these two tell.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:27 AM

736 posts, read 456,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Iirc Archie gets the title of prince when the queen passes on the throne as is.
No, it's decided when you're born. If you are a male-line grandchild of the reigning monarch you are a prince/princess at birth. If you're the grandchild of a monarch who was born before they succeeded to the throne then you aren't. Archie is the great-grandchild of the reining monarch; he has no title.
This came in to play during WWI when George V ordered all his siblings, children and their heirs to renounce any German titles they held. He discovered several of grandchildren and nephews and nieces actually held no British titles.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:31 AM

736 posts, read 456,377 times
let me just say as an American I feel that all this hereditary head of state crap is silly- dukes, queens, princes, they all belong in fairy tale books IMHO. But several European countries retain figurehead monarchs with varying degrees of duties and powers, so if it works for them I guess that's their choice.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:32 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PesachSeder View Post
let me just say as an American I feel that all this hereditary head of state crap is silly- dukes, queens, princes, they all belong in fairy tale books IMHO. But several European countries retain figurehead monarchs with varying degrees of duties and powers, so if it works for them I guess that's their choice.
yeah, question is why does Meghan feel so entitled to a title from that system for her precious snowflake?

Old 03-08-2021, 11:33 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,318,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Discreet? She lobbed a nuke at the RF.
I watched the interview. The person who questioned what color skin Archie would have was not identified. Also Harry mentioned several times he didn't feel comfortable talking about some things.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:33 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PesachSeder View Post
No, it's decided when you're born. If you are a male-line grandchild of the reigning monarch you are a prince/princess at birth. If you're the grandchild of a monarch who was born before they succeeded to the throne then you aren't. Archie is the great-grandchild of the reining monarch; he has no title.
This came in to play during WWI when George V ordered all his siblings, children and their heirs to renounce any German titles they held. He discovered several of grandchildren and nephews and nieces actually held no British titles.
Archie becomes prince when Charles becomes king.

Harry and Megan claim the royal family is trying to change that.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:35 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto1 View Post
Why are so many people directing their ire onto Meghan?
Racism.

Right?

Old 03-08-2021, 11:36 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
She acts like a spoiled brat. What did she think, being a part of the royal family would be like being a part of any other family? Of course it isn’t. She apparently does not have the decorum nor the desire to be a part of one. She should not have married into one Being a royal is not for fun, it is a job and she does not seem to understand this. Now she is claiming racism because they wouldn’t let her act like a normal person. Guess what, you marry into a royal family and you are no longer a normal person.
The world is already pretty interconnected.

Harry and Meghan are each other’s 15th cousins, as are William and Kate.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are each other’s cousins (9th or 10th, IIRC)

The Obamas, the Bushes, and the Clintons are distant cousins of each other, and of all of the above. Same with Brooke Shields. And many more.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:39 AM

7,147 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto1 View Post
I don't know. I'm asking why so many people are directing their ire onto Meghan.
Having nothing to do with skin color and looking at character, she appears as a user who manipulates. mo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies