Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 01:31 PM

29,516 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

What do you expect from one of the top party schools in the USA? Bunch of animals.

https://news.yahoo.com/swat-officers...193635822.html

Quote:
A raucous — and largely maskless — 800-person party in Colorado left SWAT officers injured and several vehicles damaged overnight Saturday, police say.

The party had been going for hours in Boulder’s University Hill neighborhood near the University of Colorado Boulder when police responded to the scene, the Daily Camera reported. Police estimate there were roughly 800 people in the area at one point during the evening.

Three SWAT officers were pelted with bricks and rocks and an armored rescue vehicle and fire truck sustained heavy damage, police said, according to KUSA.

Party-goers are also accused of setting off fireworks and flipping a car, the Daily Camera reported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2021, 01:46 PM

9,881 posts, read 4,646,105 times
Lockdowns ease and the partying AND drugs will increase accordingly. At this point the people leaving those parties are more likely to get a dui, kill, hurt or rob someone than spread the virus. The chemicals those parties enable and encourage are just as dangerous as the gernm.

Old 03-08-2021, 02:00 PM

552 posts, read 223,257 times
I lived in Colorado, 2001 -2007.

I never felt safe there, not once. It was beautiful, but there was this weird, edgy vibe that just
sat in the air like thick smoke. I would read the newspaper and just be horrified by the senseless
murders reported on a daily basis. I had so many bizarre close calls and horrific memories of
the most terrifying looking people randomly showing up on the doorstep. Once I had to quietly
pick up all my gardening tools and move stealth like back into my house in broad daylight, the
crazy guy walking toward me saying out loud that I knew best to get out of his way, as I locked
the door as fast as I could as I was trembling with fear.

One night, I got up and looked outside my window. I saw a gigantic crowd of people in the street,
they looked like they were engaged in a massive fight. It seemed to take forever for the cops to
show up. The last straw was one Saturday morning, I caught a guy who had weird piercings
all over. He was calling my Golden Retriever another name, trying to coax her to get into his
car. I couldn't believe it, he didn't believe me that she was my dog and not his. I got her,
went back in my house and called a realtor, sold the house and moved to the city and state
I had wanted to relocate to the entire time I lived there. Ironically, the elementary/middle schools
were AMAZING and my son thriving in school was the one thing that kept me there for as long.

Last edited by Tylerrose; 03-08-2021 at 02:27 PM..

Old 03-08-2021, 02:20 PM

295 posts, read 281,639 times
Oh look, my alma mater made the news again

Old 03-08-2021, 02:40 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Show up set for war and you get war.

That's a shocker.

Old 03-08-2021, 03:07 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Show up set for war and you get war.

That's a shocker.
OK. Let's say you're the Chief of Police in Boulder. You've got 800 young, raucous party people getting out of control. How do you propose getting a handle on them, without having your officers completely overwhelmed?

Old 03-08-2021, 03:07 PM

1,301 posts, read 666,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
I never felt safe there, not once. It was beautiful, but there was this weird, edgy vibe that just
sat in the air like thick smoke. I would read the newspaper and just be horrified by the senseless
murders reported on a daily basis. I had so many bizarre close calls and horrific memories of
the most terrifying looking people randomly showing up on the doorstep. Once I had to quietly
pick up all my gardening tools and move stealth like back into my house in broad daylight, the
crazy guy walking toward me saying out loud that I knew best to get out of his way, as I locked

The higher elevation apparently makes some people go crazy -- maybe lack of oxygen in the brain?

Old 03-08-2021, 03:10 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
My guess is you wouldn't have 800-person gatherings if the state weren't trying to micromanage everyone's social contacts for a year. Take the hint -- people have reached their limit. It's time to let us socialize like human beings again.

Old 03-08-2021, 03:13 PM

936 posts, read 2,069,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
I lived in Colorado, 2001 -2007.

One night, I got up and looked outside my window. I saw a gigantic crowd of people in the street,
they looked like they were engaged in a massive fight. It seemed to take forever for the cops to
show up. The last straw was one Saturday morning, I caught a guy who had weird piercings
all over. He was calling my Golden Retriever another name, trying to coax her to get into his
car. I couldn't believe it, he didn't believe me that she was my dog and not his. I got her,
went back in my house and called a realtor, sold the house and moved to the city and state
I had wanted to relocate to the entire time I lived there. Ironically, the elementary/middle schools
were AMAZING and my son thriving in school was the one thing that kept me there for as long.
What part of Colorado did you live in? I lived there from 2011-2018 and didn't experience anything like this.

Old 03-08-2021, 03:37 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
OK. Let's say you're the Chief of Police in Boulder. You've got 800 young, raucous party people getting out of control. How do you propose getting a handle on them, without having your officers completely overwhelmed?
Ignore it and tell the governor or city or whatever hollow-headed moron is coming up with these mandates where to stuff it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies