Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 08:26 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
That is exactly the issue. People get it, are asymptomatic, and they pass it along without ever knowing that they are a carrier. The people around them who are vaccinated have a good chance of not getting the virus, and then passing it along themselves. The non-vaccinated? Not so much.

As long as some of us are not safe, all of us are not safe. Think in terms of something like polio or diphtheria or tuberculosis. That is what we are dealing with with Covid.

B.S. So they remain carriers for life? Their body's immune system doesn't create the same type of immunity a vaccine does? Do you know what a vaccine typically consists of? Wow talk about clueless. Take a few Bio courses or read some books, talk to some Docs, etc.

Old 03-09-2021, 08:31 AM

25,714 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
B.S. So they remain carriers for life? Their body's immune system doesn't create the same type of immunity a vaccine does? Do you know what a vaccine typically consists of? Wow talk about clueless. Take a few Bio courses or read some books, talk to some Docs, etc.
Somehow these people have been convinced that they do not have an immune system. We have a nation of obsessed hypochondriacs now. A place where there is an undefeatable monster under every bed.

Old 03-09-2021, 08:33 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,068,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
That is exactly the issue. People get it, are asymptomatic, and they pass it along without ever knowing that they are a carrier. The people around them who are vaccinated have a good chance of not getting the virus, and then passing it along themselves. The non-vaccinated? Not so much.

As long as some of us are not safe, all of us are not safe. Think in terms of something like polio or diphtheria or tuberculosis. That is what we are dealing with with Covid.

Then you better never come out of your house. You never know when the boogeyman might come out. Better safe than sorry.

Old 03-09-2021, 09:02 AM

2,774 posts, read 902,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Companies can both ask about and require vaccines. As the vaccines become widely available I hope that more companies do so - nursing homes and school staff for example. It strikes me as a no-brainer that if one's job involves close contact with vulnerable persons, vaccines should be mandatory.
You might have a little problem with the U.S. Constitution there bucko.

Old 03-09-2021, 09:03 AM

2,774 posts, read 902,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Yes, it is irresponsible if you do not get the vaccine. You become much more likely to become infected, and transmit that infection.

Increasing your likelihood of harming yourself and others is irresponsible.
Virtue signaling a bit here?

Old 03-09-2021, 09:08 AM

19,621 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It's irresponsible to demand somebody get a vaccine when they have no recourse for compensation if they are permanently injured by it.

Unless, of course; you would all collectively pledge to donate your own time & money in the event that happens. In 2019 I reached my $1 Million in lost wages mark since my son was permanently disabled by a vaccine in 2005. I have provided almost $4 Million ($3,942,000) in uncompensated caregiving services over the last 15 years.

In the name of Responsibility, I would get the covid vaccine if I first received the five million for wages & caregiving services I have lost since the last vaccine anyone in my family took. Although that won't give my child his future back, will it?

You want to talk responsibility? Then take responsibility.
This exactly. So sorry about your son.

Old 03-09-2021, 09:32 AM

3,644 posts, read 1,600,118 times
Vaccination only protects you, not those around you that don't have immunity. They can get infected from a fully vaccinated person. This is because when fully vaccinated your immune memory takes 24 hours (instead of many days) to start to fight if you are infected. In that 24 hours you can infect someone else. Because of this, EVERYONE AT WORK that are in proximity with you must ALL be vaccinated. How many businesses know this?

The other issue is that some may already have natural immunity and don't need a vaccination. Get an antibody test to find out.

This whole who-is-vaccinated and who-is-not-vaccinated is going down a rabbit hole that will cause more harm than good. Just like the lock downs caused more harm than good.

What a business should do is have employees with fevers or signs of illness stay home and get well. Also, some quick covid tests will be coming to market soon. There is a covid breathalizer test that is in development- you blow through a straw and have a result in 30 seconds.

Old 03-09-2021, 09:33 AM

8,755 posts, read 5,050,099 times
I have my shot, so I am protected. If you choose not to get your shot, that`s on you, if you get sick.

Old 03-09-2021, 10:10 AM

7,141 posts, read 4,738,653 times
Viruses attenuate and eventually become less harmful. The Spanish flu disappeared didn’t it. That virus is as harmful as a common cold today. This “vaccine” is a little booster shot, not a vaccine. It wasn’t tested. Herd immunity will happen with or without it. The number of people who have been infected without symptoms is much higher than reported and herd immunity already exists in many places.
I know people who couldn’t wait to get it, but just as many who will never go near it. Either way, this pandemic is ending now. Get back to living. What this country has done is insanity.

Old 03-09-2021, 10:12 AM

24,620 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Get the vaccine. It works.
No it does not.

It's not FDA approved, and you can still catch and spread the virus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies