Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2021, 09:18 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No one who consorts with RFK, Jr. and Del Bigtree can claim to be pro-vax.

Yeadon's claim that the pandemic was over kinda flopped, did it not? The virus debunked him.
How exactly did he “consort” to those people? He is extremely pro vax.

Look at how the machine destroys anyone who even questions anything about vaccines. The machine at work. You have to be really blind not to see this. They never looked into his concerns, they just cancelled him. That is not science. It is propaganda.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates...cines-skeptic/

https://s56fbd84d0e131e9b.jimcontent...w%C3%A4rzt.pdf

Old 03-18-2021, 09:18 AM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You realize that your bullying and hyperbole is much more likely to turn people off than make them want to get the vaccine.
That poster just outed themselves....they didn't read the survey because it states right in the link about the Panel they use.
Instead of verifying they turned around and started calling me names.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:19 AM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
How many of we over 70, HAD the virus and had no symptoms at all. It is YOU who wants to scare the elderly into thinking it will be a death sentence in order to push your vaccinations. If not, it is just pure LUCK????

And how do you think asymptomatic elderly might just feel about that vaccine? "Next time" it will kill me? So you would say the same to an elderly man who already had a heart condition for years, that if he died of a heart attack 6 months after having the virus, it must have been COVID that killed him?

Experience. Of the 7 friends of my husband, it was the mid 30's and late 50's men who had most severe (flu like) symptoms. One man in his 60's tested Negative. Other in their 60's had no symtoms. Of their wives (in 50's and 60's), all 3 women tested Negative. So did I at 72. Now how could that possibly happen when the virus is SO CONTAGIOUS. MORE luck, Suzy?

I also believe in my body, my choice. We were saying that back in the 1960's. Not applicable now? My medical care, prevention, or treatment, is nobody else's choice.
Believe it or not, your friends' and family's experience is anecdote, not science. You do not speak for all of us over 70.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:21 AM

962 posts, read 540,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I don't get the flu shot and haven't in over 20 years. I've run into more than my share of folks like you.
I just don't reply to people anymore when they asked.

Me not getting a shot has nothing to do with you living or dying if you have your shot.
You are correct; I'm safe from your bad decisions. Others might not be so lucky. That's precisely why mass vaccination is a thing. To protect the most vulnerable. Organ recipients who might not be able to take vaccines, people with severe autoimmune diseases, people allergic to vaccines. Society deemed it important to protect these people. People got it in their head to equate "freedom" with "freedom to make decisions that could potentially negatively impact others". I think you're simply irresponsible. And I'll keep saying it as long as you keep replying.

Don't vaccinate to protect me; you don't like me. Vaccinate to protect your neighbor.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
You are correct; I'm safe from your bad decisions. Others might not be so lucky. That's precisely why mass vaccination is a thing. To protect the most vulnerable. Organ recipients who might not be able to take vaccines, people with severe autoimmune diseases, people allergic to vaccines. Society deemed it important to protect these people. People got it in their head to equate "freedom" with "freedom to make decisions that could potentially negatively impact others". I think you're simply irresponsible. And I'll keep saying it as long as you keep replying.

Don't vaccinate to protect me; you don't like me. Vaccinate to protect your neighbor.
I have an autoimmune disease. You don’t know everyone’s circumstances. Bullying is a poor way to converse.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
You realize that your bullying and hyperbole is much more likely to turn people off than make them want to get the vaccine.
I disagree. The data pretty clearly suggests people like you are the minority.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
I have an autoimmune disease. You don’t know everyone’s circumstances. Bullying is a poor way to converse.
So do I. I got the vaccine. You're not being bullied. Stop feigning oppression. Get vaccinated if your doctor recommends it.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
So do I. I got the vaccine. You're not being bullied. Stop feigning oppression. Get vaccinated if your doctor recommends it.
You claim to be protecting people who may have health issues that are a potential concern when coupled with the vaccine. One of the issues you mentioned is people with autoimmune disease yet they are also expected to get the vaccine according to you.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:33 AM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
You claim to be protecting people who may have health issues that are a potential concern when coupled with the vaccine. One of the issues you mentioned is people with autoimmune disease yet they are also expected to get the vaccine according to you.
Doctors who care for people with autoimmune disease are recommending vaccination.

https://creakyjoints.org/living-with...organizations/

Old 03-18-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Notice how I said "severe"? People with autoimmune diseases (if recommended by their doctor, which will be the majority of cases) in fact have priority to get vaccinated. I take an immunosuppressant, so I'd very much like not to get COVID (already vaccinated). Others, for whatever reason, might not be able to take an immunosuppressant. For them, a vaccine might trigger a flare up (I don't need to tell you, but immune responses can trigger symptoms of autoimmune diseases). If you fall within that group, your position should be "everyone should get vaccinated to protect at risk people like me" not "my body, my choice", because you're really exposing yourself to danger by not getting vaccinated (if recommended by your doctor).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies