Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 08:23 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,804,974 times

Advertisements

This would be a great thing... if we could put any faith in it.

On par with England reaching a peace agreement with Hitler in 1938.

But... remember how that one actually turned out?

One difference: Hitler didn't have nukes.

I'm not hearing the least skepticism on the news as I type this.

I expect that to change VERY soon.

When I hear the following:

U.S. and other countries have sent inspectors into every plant associated with Iran's nuclear effot, and all of them report that they witnesses Iran's nuclear processing plants being shut down, the machinery removed, and ALL of Iran's nuclear capability being reduced to the levels demanded by the major world powers. Iran is now fully in compliance with the major powers' requirements.

Furthermore, Iran has fully agreed that the inspectors will stay in place, with complete ability to videotape, film, capture, and othewise record and broadcast everything going on in ALL plants at any time they want, with no interference.

When I hear that on all major news channels, THEN it will be "news".

Until then, it's just the "civilized" world falling for another middle Eastern lie. Hardly news at all.

--------------------------------------------------

Iran, six world powers clinch breakthrough nuclear deal

Iran, six world powers clinch breakthrough nuclear deal

By Parisa Hafezi and Justyna Pawlak
12 minutes ago

GENEVA (Reuters) - Iran and six world powers reached a breakthrough agreement early on Sunday to curb Tehran's nuclear program in exchange for limited sanctions relief, in a first step towards resolving a dangerous decade-old standoff.

The deal between the Islamic state and the United States, France, Germany, Britain, China and Russia was nailed down after more than four days of negotiations.

"We have reached an agreement," Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif announced on his Twitter feed. French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius also confirmed the deal.

Iran will get access to $4.2 billion in foreign exchange as part of the accord, a Western diplomat said. No other details of the agreement were immediately available.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and foreign ministers of the five other world powers joined the negotiations with Iran early on Saturday as the two sides appeared to be edging closer to a long-sought preliminary agreement.

Last edited by Little-Acorn; 11-23-2013 at 08:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 08:26 PM

39,125 posts, read 51,378,265 times
Iran, with or without nukes, is not a threat to the US.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,511,317 times
All we have to do is make it clear that for every nuke used by Iran on the United States, if ever, we will use 10 on them.

[iran is gambling with the house]

Old 11-23-2013, 08:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,289,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Iran, with or without nukes, is not a threat to the US.
Correct. I couldn't care less if this is a Chamberlain deal or not. Makes me no nevermind. I don't care how many nukes they have (or don't have).

Old 11-23-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
All we have to do is make it clear that for every nuke used by Iran on the United States, if ever, we will use 10 on them.

[iran is gambling with the house]
I don't think that's necessary. Besides, what difference would that make? It's not as if they're stupid enough to launch a nuke against us and expect us to blow it off and go golfing instead of responding.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't think that's necessary. Besides, what difference would that make? It's not as if they're stupid enough to launch a nuke against us and expect us to blow it off and go golfing instead of responding.
I don't think we need to explicitly state it as it is already implied.

I probably should have stated: "It is already clear that for every nuke used by Iran on the United States, if ever, we will use 10 on them so anybody want to play a round of golf?"

[]

Old 11-23-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I don't think we need to explicitly state it as it is already implied.

I probably should have stated: "It is already clear that for every nuke used by Iran on the United States, if ever, we will use 10 on them so anybody want to play a round of golf?"

[]
LMAO...cool.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:43 PM

3,345 posts, read 1,975,337 times
How many taxpayer dollars did it cost for Obama to change the subject?

Old 11-23-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
How many taxpayer dollars did it cost for Obama to change the subject?
This has been one of "the subjects" for quite some time so no change of subject needed.

[there's more than one thing happening in the world]

Old 11-23-2013, 08:51 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,804,974 times
"Obama changing the subject" is irrelevant and unimportant here.

Iran keeping this agreement, is what matters. And is VERY much in question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies