Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 05:09 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,236 times

Advertisements

If I’m correctly understanding most of you liberals Are you claiming that a good portion of our population have no IDs. If so, could you provide evidence.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:24 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
The idea that a voter doesn’t have to prove he is who he says he is has only one possible explanation: to allow cheating.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:25 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Biden said it himself; to paraphrase: Them folks don't know how to use the internet something something.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:32 AM

7,906 posts, read 3,450,203 times
There is this theoretical black family living in the wilds of Mississippi who is illiterate and unable to travel to a government agency to sign up for even a free a voter ID whose birth was never recorded and has been living isolated from modern society who also needs the opportunity to vote without jumping through hoops. You are a racist if you do not want to tailor the voting requirements of all citizens to accommodate this theoretical family who, if it exists, probably doesn't know there is an election to begin with.

This was finally the answer I was given when pressing the matter of which legal citizens could not get a free voter ID. That was the corner they got painted in to and would not budge from.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:36 AM

6,963 posts, read 2,696,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ryun View Post
Which is why it says "prove it with an ID" in the Constitution.

Also, watch the Republican in the video.
There is no Constitutional right to vote.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ryun View Post
Which is why it says "prove it with an ID" in the Constitution.

Also, watch the Republican in the video.
All of a sudden you’re a fan of the Constitution? Then you’ll realize that HR1 is nothing but a power grab by the Democrats, with the attempt to abolish states’ rights in relation to elections.

I need an ID to get the vaccine, to rent a car, to board a plane, to stay in a hotel, etc., etc. When we are talking about something as critical as a vote, you need to prove you are who you say you are. If the liberal states want to allow people to vote without it, that’s their decision; but the federal government cannot dictate to other states that they are not PERMITTED to require IDs. Unconstitutional.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
There is this theoretical black family living in the wilds of Mississippi who is illiterate and unable to travel to a government agency to sign up for even a free a voter ID whose birth was never recorded and has been living isolated from modern society who also needs the opportunity to vote without jumping through hoops. You are a racist if you do not want to tailor the voting requirements of all citizens to accommodate this theoretical family who, if it exists, probably doesn't know there is an election to begin with.

This was finally the answer I was given when pressing the matter of which legal citizens could not get a free voter ID. That was the corner they got painted in to and would not budge from.
Well said.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:16 AM

1,744 posts, read 877,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post

If they are unable to travel to a government agency to get an ID, it's doubtful they would be able to get to a polling place. If they are illiterate, they more than likely have no clue who's running for election or where they are suppose to vote or when to vote.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:32 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
If I’m correctly understanding most of you liberals Are you claiming that a good portion of our population have no IDs. If so, could you provide evidence.
Instead of sitting online, gathering rhetoric from your alternative news sites. Go to your local courthouse. Speak with your voter registar. Then volunteer to be a pollster. You'll receive the guideline pamphlet , some HUGE education on voters rights. And then get out combat the suppression. Fresh air will revive those brain cells. Good luck and thanks in advance for being a solution and not The problem.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:34 AM

5,166 posts, read 4,938,673 times
I worked in a city with a population of almost a million people, with most of my career being in the "poor" sections of town, dealing with people and their issues of homeless and drug abuse. I can't recall one time (although it probably did happen?) where we encountered someone on the street and they didn't have some kind of government issued I.D.

The whole notion of people not having an I.D. is just another made-up, Democratic lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies